Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As Status Chance Apporaches 100%, Multishot Status Chance Bonus Sense Apporaches 0

LocasMaxis

So with the new status chance mods I've been fooling around with my tysis and naturally building status chance. But it seems that the multishot increase to status chance isn't working properly once you get close too or passes a base of 100% status chance without the multishot increase.

Now I'm not good at explaining math but I have a general hypothesis of how the multishot factor works, its along the lines of the factoring in the chance of each shot individually procing isn't a straight addition but a diminishing returns as the statistical chance of multiple shots procing in a row as less likely, as is the chance of neither shot procing. This factor works at numbers up untill around a base proc chance of 99% But when it reaches 100% the multishot factor starts to become a negative as it tries to factor in the chance of both or only shot(s) not procing when its 100% certain that each shot will due to the base proc being 100%. Now this really doesn't matter in the long run as once you reach 100% proc chance there is no reason to go higher(Unless you can double proc, which would be cool). But having this show an incorrect number is frankly annoying.

I wish I knew the exact formula that is used to calculate status chance as I could dig deeper and find out whats really happening hear but alas, I don't think DE would give away such information. I just hope this can be fixed sometime in the future. Here's too hoping.

Edit: Forgot to say I got these numbers from the arsenal screen where the bug is. Whoops.

Edit2: Changed title slightly to clarify this threads subject.

Edited by LocasMaxis

honestly multishot has NEVER made ANY sense ingame whatsoever anyways

I can't wait for the day the DEvs FINALLY either remove all multishot mods or give them a downside ala corrupted mods

at the same time the base dmg mods like serration/hornet/pointblank/pressurept need to go away as well and let weapons gain dmg from ranking 1-30 instead

this would obviously require re-scaling a lot of content as well, but it would be better for the game in the long run, and the sooner they do it the better as the problem only gets worse the longer they ignore it

I can't wait for the day the DEvs FINALLY either remove all multishot mods or give them a downside ala corrupted mods

at the same time the base dmg mods like serration/hornet/pointblank/pressurept need to go away as well and let weapons gain dmg from ranking 1-30 instead

this would obviously require re-scaling a lot of content as well, but it would be better for the game in the long run, and the sooner they do it the better as the problem only gets worse the longer they ignore it

Since when did much in this game make sense?

Okay, some numbers to this madness. With all four pistol status chance mods on the tysis, the base chance becomes 122.5%.

If you then add Barrel Diffusion for 120% multishot it decreases to 94.9% 4/5 times or 101.1%1/5 times (Due to third shot proc chance). Adding lethal torrent into the mix just switches from 94.9% being 4/5 to 1/5 and vice versa for 101.1%

With all except stunning speed on the tysis, the base chance becomes 117.5%.

If you then add Barrel Diffusion for 120% multishot it decreases to 96.9% 4/5 times or 100.5%1/5 times (Due to third shot proc chance). Adding lethal torrent into the mix just switches from 96.9% being 4/5 to 1/5 and vice versa for 100.5%

With all except sure shot on the tysis, the base chance becomes 115%.

If you then add Barrel Diffusion for 120% multishot it decreases to 97.8% 4/5 times or 100.3%1/5 times (Due to third shot proc chance). Adding lethal torrent into the mix just switches from 97.8% being 4/5 to 1/5 and vice versa for 100.3%

Finally with only Jolt and pistol pestilence, the base chance becomes 110%

If you then add Barrel Diffusion for 120% multishot it decreases to 99% 4/5 times or 100.1%1/5 times (Due to third shot proc chance). Adding lethal torrent into the mix just switches from 99% being 4/5 to 1/5 and vice versa for 100.1%

Of course removing wither jolt or pistol pestilence takes the base chance under 100%. Which I assume acts as would be expected.

Damage?

Guys, this thread has nothing to do with the damage. Please keep it relevant.

Edited by LocasMaxis