Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vapor: Water-Powered Warframe (Wip)

BondedWound

I think you could do a lot with hydro power, and this is what I've come up with, at least so far.

Any edits I make will be at the top.

NOTE: All stats, info, abilites, etc. are subject to change.

Alright now, let's get to it.

WORKING ON ART FOR THIS FRAME! Expect it soon!

"Vapor uses microkinetic energy to sustain a constant flow of water, which can be super-heated to steam for offensive and defensive purposes. "

Abilities:

Steam: Shoots a small jet of steam at enemies, causing burns and blinding them shortly.

Water Rush: Vapor takes in the moisture of enemies surrounding her, and directs it back in a small radius around her, dealing damage and pushing enemies back.

Bubble: Vapor encases herself in a bubble of water, slowing down projectiles and providing minor healing, while also being able to move around slowly.

Evaporate: Vapor uses the moisture inside surrounding enemies to crush them from the inside, and leave behind a steaming body, that then explodes, and does radial damage.

Stats:

Health 140

Shield 90

Energy 120

Speed: 1.1 (I'm not too sure about how speed scales in this game, but she's supposed to be slightly slower than Loki)

Armor 25

Edited by BondedWound

You see the words 'slight healing' and you think Oberon, right?

I like the idea, OP.

Thanks. I've always felt that water has been a seriously underclassed element, and I just wanted to show it can be much more than, "peace and healing." If you've ever got burned by steam you know how deadly water can be. Plus it would be just plain cool to have a warframe with a layer of water over her fists/feet.

Thanks. I've always felt that water has been a seriously underclassed element, and I just wanted to show it can be much more than, "peace and healing." If you've ever got burned by steam you know how deadly water can be. Plus it would be just plain cool to have a warframe with a layer of water over her fists/feet.

All of the mods resemble Oberon the 1st is basically smite the second is similar to hallowed ground, the third is similar to renewal and the fourth is similar to reckoning

water in space....

guess worse things happened in warframe.

I suppose you don't like the idea?

Sure it sounds outlandish at first, but considering all the other elemental acquisitions we've had (Saryn, Frost, Ember), it only fits to include her.

I suppose you don't like the idea?

Sure it sounds outlandish at first, but considering all the other elemental acquisitions we've had (Saryn, Frost, Ember), it only fits to include her.

The idea is airtight but it's abilities are to Oberonish maybe if the water rush damages shield or armour and Steam just causes blind then it would be more unique

The idea is airtight but it's abilities are to Oberonish maybe if the water rush damages shield or armour and Steam just causes blind then it would be more unique

All input is appreciated, as this is still a "work in progress", so thank you for the feedback.

While I disagree that the skills are "Oberon-ish";
It sounds like the role of this frame is very similar to Oberon..
Not to mention the stats are also similar to Oberon

I think it could use some more creativity.. There are plenty of water-frame concept in this forum section..
you should check them out 1st.. Some of them have really good ideas.

While I disagree that the skills are "Oberon-ish";

It sounds like the role of this frame is very similar to Oberon..

Not to mention the stats are also similar to Oberon

I think it could use some more creativity.. There are plenty of water-frame concept in this forum section..

you should check them out 1st.. Some of them have really good ideas.

Hmm, do you have any specific recommendations? Like I have said, this is very much a work in progress. These are the base ideas, just to lay some foundations for the frame.

Ah, seems interesting. Definitely more in-depth then I am at this point. I appreciate this, thank you. 

I think both of these ideas are interesting.

The Tiburon seems a bit more Tanky whereas Vapor seems a bit more DD oriented.

My only advice to you is to remember the utility.

Utility is king, Your skill list seems light on it... The water element theme offers alot of opportunities for that type of ability. Water manipulation makes me think of controllers as opposed to blaster/nukers.

I think both of these ideas are interesting.

The Tiburon seems a bit more Tanky whereas Vapor seems a bit more DD oriented.

My only advice to you is to remember the utility.

Utility is king, Your skill list seems light on it... The water element theme offers alot of opportunities for that type of ability. Water manipulation makes me think of controllers as opposed to blaster/nukers.

Ah, sound good. I always have problems remembering to include decent utility. Do you have any specific.. eh.. ideas?

I do Like the Idea of this frame

Though the Second ability is kinda oddly worded

From what it sounds like it seems to act like Nyx's Absorb I feel a little more on how this ability works would be great I may be over examining however

I do Like the Idea of this frame

Though the Second ability is kinda oddly worded

From what it sounds like it seems to act like Nyx's Absorb I feel a little more on how this ability works would be great I may be over examining however

Which ability in specific are you talking about?

Which ability in specific are you talking about?

Water Rush, just something a little extra to describe the ability, and maybe have it grow a little stronger for a set amount of enemies around you where that amount can be altered through Power strength?

Water Rush, just something a little extra to describe the ability, and maybe have it grow a little stronger for a set amount of enemies around you where that amount can be altered through Power strength?

Ah, I see what you mean. Those last two suggestions are definitely noted. As for more detail, I'll work on that tomorrow. (It's getting rather late where I live.)