Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Can Someone Please Tell Me Why?

-CM-Sean

I run warframe at like 8 fps sometimes, and my max dosen't get higher than 25 most of the time.

I HAVE sent 2 support tickets to DE without any responses. 

I am seriously getting sick of this.

my system:

intel core 2 quad @ 2.4ghz

6 gigs of ram

gtx 750ti w/ 2 gigs of ddr5 ram

4 tb of hard drive

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I PUT SETTING ON ULTRA HIGH OR ULTRA LOW, fps remains constantly crappy, wihtout ANY change whatesoever. I have tried running in 64 bit, without 64 bit, with and without dx 11, with and without multithreading.  defraggin.  Everything.

Can someone help me.  This game is uplayable at this point!!! While on the other hand I can run planetside 2 with between 35-60 fps easily on high! and that game has much higher requirements.

I have reinstalled warframe, reformatted my system, re installed drivers. you name it.

Edited by -CM-Sean

I run warframe at like 8 fps sometimes, and my max dosen't get higher than 25 most of the time.

I HAVE sent 2 support tickets to DE without any responses. 

I am seriously getting sick of this.

my system:

intel core 2 quad @ 2.4ghz

3 gigs of ram

gtx 750ti w/ 2 gigs of ddr5 ram

4 tb of hard drive

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I PUT SETTING ON ULTRA HIGH OR ULTRA LOW, fps remains constantly crappy, wihtout ANY change whatesoever. I have tried running in 64 bit, without 64 bit, with and without dx 11, with and without multithreading.  defraggin.  Everything.

Can someone help me.  This game is uplayable at this point!!! While on the other hand I can run planetside 2 with between 35-60 fps easily on high! and that game has much higher requirements.

I have reinstalled warframe, reformatted my system, re installed drivers. you name it.

So gonna tell you my configs: intel core i7 3770k 4.5GHz(overclocked) 4Gb RAM Geforce GTX560. Using windows 7 64 bit version and warframe also, running on Maximum settings without any fps drops normally. so i think the biggest problem for u is your old processor which probably has low Cache, also try adding more RAM

If your performance runs fine in other games then that rules out hardware defects... especially since Planetside 2 is much, much more demanding than Warframe is visually.

Have you heard of/tried using a CPU Unparking utility? Here's a link. Though, this probably won't help, but it might be worth a try.

I don't like mondays...... woah oh oh...

Sounds like you are having a throughput problem, I'd recommend updating your drivers first, run DXdiag make sure everything checks out ok, then go into your video card options, Manage 3d settings turn off all Application controlled antiallising and filtering options, set them to the bare minimum, make sure your pre rendered frames is set to a max of 3.

Not sure if your card supports physx or not but make sure it's set to GPU only, then in warframe try disabling the physx anyway. Particle effects are purdy but not a necessity.

I tell you now i'm running the game at 60fps with vertical sync on, 130-150fps with it off, on an old gtx 570 card.

Don't give up, never surrender.

So gonna tell you my configs: intel core i7 3770k 4.5GHz(overclocked) 4Gb RAM Geforce GTX560. Using windows 7 64 bit version and warframe also, running on Maximum settings without any fps drops normally. so i think the biggest problem for u is your old processor which probably has low Cache, also try adding more RAM

If I can run planetside2 doesn't that say something?? don't blame it on other factors especially since my pc has much higher stats the the minimum. Thank you.

Edited by -CM-Sean

Does your HDD thrash when playing warframe? Just curious, if it is could explain the bad fps, most likely a corrupted warframe download, it's happened before.

Try a fresh install if the video card fix i posted above didn't do a ding dang darn thing.

no nothing of that sort, HDD is very quiet, and is set on maximum performance., i have tried everything, I actually put in a new hardddrive and installed everything from the top yesterday.  all the video drivers, ,warframe etc.  I'm not having problems with other games!  running most things on high or ultra high, the gpu is brand new and one of the most recent ones by nvidia (not a titan, but it runs everything else very well).

Have you tried reverting your driver back to 314.22 w/ Driver Uninstaller (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v12-5-1-released-03-11-14-/)? Before I switched my card to AMD, Nvidia's newer drivers tend to slow some of my games down as well as freezing my PC (don't know if that has been fixed.) that old driver is the only thing that fixed that issue.

Have you tried reverting your driver back to 314.22 w/ Driver Uninstaller (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v12-5-1-released-03-11-14-/)? Before I switched my card to AMD, Nvidia's newer drivers tend to slow some of my games down as well as freezing my PC (don't know if that has been fixed.) that old driver is the only thing that fixed that issue.

i guess that's worth a try.  i haven't done that yet.

You're running a one month old GPU on a seven year old system. The GPU is starved for work to do. It's like an 80 year old man marrying a 20 year old woman. They're an awful match, and neither of them will be happy until the old man dies.

If your performance runs fine in other games then that rules out hardware defects... especially since Planetside 2 is much, much more demanding than Warframe is visually.

Have you heard of/tried using a CPU Unparking utility? Here's a link. Though, this probably won't help, but it might be worth a try.

1st post here, but this fixed it for me currently.

Will do further testing, but so far, it seems to be working.

Thanks! 

1st post here, but this fixed it for me currently.

Will do further testing, but so far, it seems to be working.

Thanks! 

Yes tried that also didn't see a difference.

you know what the funny thing is I can run battlefield 4 ON ULTA HIGHT at 35-45 fps, and I can run PLANET SIDE 2 from 35-60 Frames per second.  THIS GAME IS NOT MORE DEMANDING THEN those two games in ANY WAY AT ALL.  so I have basically stopped playing warframe excpet for maybe like half hour a day to an hour at most,  my gameplay is not enjoyable at all, i rather play battlefiled 4 right now, As I can play the game pretty smoothly and enjoy it much much more, then sit here watching a slide show hoping i can kill a grineer with the horrible FPS.  I want to be constructive, but I don't know how to? all i can say is for DE for fix the darn thing.  Because obviously I can play other games fine.  I also have a support ticked open where DE made a few suggestions which did not help 1 bit, and they havn't responded back since then.

You're running a one month old GPU on a seven year old system. The GPU is starved for work to do. It's like an 80 year old man marrying a 20 year old woman. They're an awful match, and neither of them will be happy until the old man dies.

AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE.

My 80 year old man runs battlefield 6 at 35-45 fps on ULTRA HIGH and PLANET SIDE 2 from 35-60 fps... i'm sorry stop blaming things that arn't to blame.  Go look at the specs for those games.  I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT WARFRAME is more demanding then those games, IF IT IS, then they should specifically state that on the system requirements.

AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE.

My 80 year old man runs battlefield 6 at 35-45 fps on ULTRA HIGH and PLANET SIDE 2 from 35-60 fps... i'm sorry stop blaming things that arn't to blame.  Go look at the specs for those games.  I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT WARFRAME is more demanding then those games, IF IT IS, then they should specifically state that on the system requirements.

Battlefield 6? =)

Battlefield and Planetside have each had multiple optimization passes performed by teams full of software engineers. They can practically run on a toaster at low settings. Warframe does not have that benefit. However successful Warframe is, it does not have the corporate sponsorship of EA or Sony. Compounding matters is the obfuscation ot the ini/cfg files, eliminating the opportunity for more advanced performance tweaking.

And yes, the Warframe system requirements are blatantly wrong. The game client itself takes up 2GB of RAM. With that listed as the minimum requirement, what does that leave for the OS?

With 3GB of RAM, your system is constantly running short and paging memory out to the swap file on the hard disk, causing slowdowns above and beyond the 50-66% memory bandwidth you achieve compared to typical DDR3. That's not to even mention the 100+% improvement in single-threaded performance of modern CPUs over the Q6600. You're missing out on seven years worth of die shrinks and efficiency optimizations. More performance with less power.

It's time to face reality and stop blaming the software for the performance of your very old system.

Battlefield 6? =)

Battlefield and Planetside have each had multiple optimization passes performed by teams full of software engineers. They can practically run on a toaster at low settings. Warframe does not have that benefit. However successful Warframe is, it does not have the corporate sponsorship of EA or Sony. Compounding matters is the obfuscation ot the ini/cfg files, eliminating the opportunity for more advanced performance tweaking.

And yes, the Warframe system requirements are blatantly wrong. The game client itself takes up 2GB of RAM. With that listed as the minimum requirement, what does that leave for the OS?

With 3GB of RAM, your system is constantly running short and paging memory out to the swap file on the hard disk, causing slowdowns above and beyond the 50-66% memory bandwidth you achieve compared to typical DDR3. That's not to even mention the 100+% improvement in single-threaded performance of modern CPUs over the Q6600. You're missing out on seven years worth of die shrinks and efficiency optimizations. More performance with less power.

It's time to face reality and stop blaming the software for the performance of your very old system.

First of all you might wana look at other posts with much better specs who are getting the same results: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/197139-fps-problemes-drops/

When a developer puts up minimum specs they should either stick to it, OR ATLEAST CHANGE THE MIN spec,  I was running this game very very smoothly before update 11. no problems at all, SO WERE MANY OTHERS.  Then all of a sudden game makers decide to change the graphic requirements, and leave people who have been playing this game for a while, TO BUY an entire new system??? This doesn't make any sense.

BTW I just added 3 more gigs of ram (total of 6 gigs now) from another computer my friend had, and saw no performance difference, probably attributing this to the CPU bottleneck that is probably happening now, which wasn't there 1 month ago.  When i started playing this game my specs were ABOVE the minimum system requirements SO YES I WILL BLAME THE SOFTWARE, because like many other i was able to run this game extremely well, with even an older graphics card.

AS it stands right now this game should have a minimum requirements of an 4th generation I3 or higher cpu to run anything decent, which is leaps and bounds different than what the minimum specs, are, by next month we will probably need a titan gpu and and i5, or i7 extreme overclocked to the max to get any sort of decent fps in the game!

Not everyone has the luxury of spending money on a new system.  And as much as it may seem so little to some people to spend just  a few hundred dollars for a new system, its a lot of money for others.  I don't normally go to play battlefield 4 or planetside and don't usually play games that are above my system specs, but the point is that if system specs are set to something, the game should atleast run a decent 30 fps on the lowest settings of the game.  

I wanted to play those games to see how much i could actually push my system, and while planetside 2 might be optimized well, battlefield 4 is not optimized at all!!

any 32 bit application like warframe if ran in 32 bit mode cannot take more than 2 gigs of ram, in most not all cases, Ram is not even an issue right now since i now have 6 gigs and still see no difference in performance at all.

the main issue has become a significant strain on cpu that wasn't there before that even some pretty decent cpus cannot handle well.

Edited by -CM-Sean

I learned, from the latest nvidia drivers patch notes, that the 750 gpu's had troubles with warframe.

More specifically it said that they can't run a gpu-rendered PhysX. And that is a huge load for the CPU.

If you have PhysX on, try disabling it.

Otherwise, it might be another issue with the card: if it can't run PhysX, others things might be affected as well.

You'll just have to wait for a fix from DE.

Edited by Thelonious

I learned, from the latest nvidia drivers patch notes, that the 750 gpu's had troubles with warframe.

More specifically it said that they can't run a gpu-rendered PhysX. And that is a huge load for the CPU.

If you have PhysX on, try disabling it.

Otherwise, it might be another issue with the card: if it can't run PhysX, others things might be affected as well.

You'll just have to wait for a fix from DE.

this would make sense, since its a fairly new gpu just came out about a few months ago. thanks for this.

although i have tried turing physx off completely and setting physx to run from the gpu itself in the nvidia settings.

Edited by -CM-Sean

When a developer puts up minimum specs they should either stick to it, OR ATLEAST CHANGE THE MIN spec

I agree. Warframe is constantly evolving, thus the minimum requirements are in actuality a moving target. But the minimum requirements have only been updated once in the last 13 months. The disappointment and frustration of many users in this subforum stems largely from a mismatch between their (justified) expectations and reality. Updating the minimum requirements would alleviate this confusion.

Battlefield 6? =)

I run on bootcamp Macbook Pro 6,1 with 4 GB of ram. Running Warframe.x64 it rarely uses above 1.5 GB of system memory.  Memory is scalable so if you have like 32 GB of ram installed the game will keep almost all its resources in memory, even the stuff not being used.

Bumping this topic.

After using the Unpark CPU utility I indeed got alot of fps back.
However, I noticed that with the last patch, it all went down again. But not as worse as before.

What this game indicates is (with Vsync OFF) framerates between 20 and 100+ 
But it is the frametime that makes it feel very laggy and unplayable at some points.

And this seems very very random.. 
With a frametime around 10ms all is OK, but once it starts going up and above 20, the game starts to feel very laggy and stuttering but the fps indicator is still showing somewhere between 20 and 60 fps mostly.

So, my conclusion; it is not the fps that (in my case) is really bad, it is the frametime.
How do I get that down, and keep it down the way it was before the last 3 major patches?

Third-party tools won't solve your issue, in any case you shouldn't have to download anything to play it, I thought games had min-recommended requirements for a reason? but nowadays it doesn't matter if you meet or exceed them, if the game is poorly optimized you'll see frequent drops no matter how good your rig is, take earth as an example, anyone who says that is well optimized is high and used to playing @ 10fps. It's not your computer, it's not your setup or settings, It's Warframe.

You do now that frame time and frame rate are related right?  The longer it takes to render/think about a frame, the less fps you have,  Its kinda the same beast, just a different way of looking at it.

That's incorrect. You can have high frame time and still have high fps. If the frame time goes up so does gpu load, thus no fps drop. However if your gpu isn't up to par it won't handle the load warframe is asking for, THEN you'll have frame drop.