Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actual Valkyr

Llyssa

It's been noted repeatedly that "valkyr" is a highly inappropriate name for the frame it's on. I'd like to see an ACTUAL Valkyr--not that there's anything wrong with the whippy claw demon we've got, just, she's not a valkyr, plain and simple.

Suggested powers for a REAL valkyr frame:

1. Gugnir-- Valkyr launches (5/7/10/14) m towards target and fires a projectile that strikes all opponents in narrow for (200/400/600/800) puncture damage, causing knockback and pinning

2. Reclaimmation--- Valkyr swoops to target location  and back. Any downed allies within (2/4/5/7) m of valkyr during the swoop, who've made a kill in the last (5/10/15/20) seconds, are brought back to the Valkyr's starting location with her, recovered with (20/40/60/80)% health.

3. Guardian--Valkyr gives (40/80/120/160)% bonus to shield max and shield recharge rate of all nearby allies for (10/15/20/30) seconds.

4. Gleipnir--Valkyr blasts the area with righteous energy, shackling all enemies within (5/10/15/20) m with unbreakable bonds and knocking them down. Bosses will still be knocked down, but merely slowed, rather than shackled.

Edited by Llyssa

I always though the Valkyr frame, while a striking name, was a misnomer too.  She's more like a Greek Fury, reaping revenge on those that have done wrong.  

YES! My thoughts exactly! Many others as well! She actually fits their description quite nicely, from the whips and claws to being shorn of flesh.

For the best Fury name reference, most people seem to like Erinys.

They've changed the names of stuff before, so it's not impossible. It was just very hard to convince them because the u11 had "VALKYR" plastered all over everything. I think now that the name is no longer on the loading pages and the latest trailers and all of the promotional material, it will be easier/more-acceptable to do.

"Ash" used to be named "Ninja" and then "Smoke", so, it's not without precedent.