Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable To Purchase Any Founders Pack

Iridann

Hey guys, just saw this thread, sorry about tardy response-

Steam wallet for Founders is getting looked at!

No update on my support ticket with you guys besides and email saying it's being looked at but not assigned and that was 18 hours ago.

I bought the Hunter's Pack via Steam (I, too, was being pushed to the Steam API which is of no concern to me). The thing about this is that I was not logged into the website at all, not sure if it matters. Paid for everything through paypal depositing into Steam wallet. No credit for my purchase and there is really no way to link it to my account as my Warframe email is different from my Steam email especially if I wasn't logged into the website when I made the purchase.

I had a friend try to see if they could make Plat and Founders purchases and sure enough, they encountered the same problem! I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the age of the Steam account in relation to when Steam Wallet was introduced, but that's a semi-wild guess.

Revised: Looks like an issue with association to a specific Steam account when you made your Warframe account.

Rebecca and the DE folks are doing an excellent job digging into some options to fix!

OOoh, this is interesting! :

Not sure about the Steam client, but logging your Steam account into a web browser, go into Account Details by clicking the down arrow next to your account name in the upper-right of the window.

On the Account Details screen you should see a summary of various purchases, your Steam Wallet balance, and other whatnot. On the Steam account I was able to use to process a transaction (lets call this AcctB), the Wallet balance was also displayed by the account name in the upper-right, AND it listed "Game Transactions" as a field to look at the history of. On my own Steam account, those fields are missing (lets call this AcctA). I had some help and tried another account (this will be AcctC) that DID NOT have those fields either, and it ALSO could not process Warframe transactions!

So... trying to dig around for some info on when Steam Wallet was introduced, it looks like it came out mid to late 2010.

AcctA - made in 2007 - failed transaction.

AcctB - made in 2010 - successful transaction.

AcctC - made in 2009 - failed transaction.

Friend's account - made in 2008 - failed transaction.

So I'm suspecting if you're having this same problem, your Steam account was made before mid 2010 and when you look at your Steam Account Details page, it does not list your Wallet balance in the upper-right by your account name and avatar and you do not have a Game Transactions field.

This really looks like it is a problem entirely on Steam's end, keeping long-time customers from giving Warframe money. I implore DE staff to engage Steam energetically on this, as I think you will have much better luck having a voice to fix this than we would individually from Steam support tickets.

Also I've done some major homework on this, I better get a good grade on the test. ;)

Edited by NullenVoyd

This may be a big request, but it would help the team beyond words if any user could send us a video of the process and errors being described here.

If you feel up to it, send me a PM and we can get started!

Forever indebted,

DERebecca

My problem is easy to describe.

I bought Disciple pack during closed beta via UltimatePay. Now when I try to upgrade only UltimatePay popup shows for me, no redirection to steam.

I tried clearing cashes and temp files in browser. I tried using steam overlay browser while ingame too.

I have steam front page opened and logged in, logged in steam too.

Allways the same result - UltimatePay popup.

I have money ready in steam wallet tho.

up2h.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Sedlo

The error I'm receiving is different, I'll outline it in steps. NullenVoyd has a good point, my account was made either 08 or 09 so it would fit the theory. What I'm getting is gonna be attached below.

76714695.png

Yes, I didn't cut out my taskbar because I'm proud of my many mmos. xD As you can see, I do have the funds in my wallet so I'm really puzzled.

Edited by Iridann

My problem is easy to describe.

I bought Disciple pack during closed beta via UltimatePay. Now when I try to upgrade only UltimatePay popup shows for me, no redirection to steam.

I tried clearing cashes and temp files in browser. I tried using steam overlay browser while ingame too.

I have steam front page opened and logged in, logged in steam too.

Allways the same result - UltimatePay popup.

I have money ready in steam wallet tho.

up2h.jpg

The nature of this problems stems from the fact your account was created through the website, and the first purchase was made through the website, not Steam.

Currently, there is no crosstalk.

If you created and paid in UltimatePay, upgrades are then only possible in UltimatePay - even if you are launching through Steam.

I may be able to manually tweak some things if you would prefer to Upgrade through Steam. You can PM me if you'd like to explore this as an option. Unavailable for now.

Hope this helps.

The nature of this problems stems from the fact your account was created through the website, and the first purchase was made through the website, not Steam.

Currently, there is no crosstalk.

If you created and paid in UltimatePay, upgrades are then only possible in UltimatePay - even if you are launching through Steam.

I may be able to manually tweak some things if you would prefer to Upgrade through Steam. You can PM me if you'd like to explore this as an option.

Hope this helps.

Sent PM, thanks a lot.

My problem is you guys or your payment team locking all forms of payment. I could never use my card more then that one time at the beginning for 5 dollars. Then I tried the ultimatepay method which only worked once. Then I tried paypal which only worked once. Now nothing's working. For a F2P microtransaction based game it sure is making it difficult to "support" you guys :/

I haven't tried steam but I see nothing on steam to pay for platinum.

using this account ...my only option of payment is Steam as im constantly being pushed by the network to api.steam.. as this account was setup from Steam. Steam account dated long ago. While i tried n tested by creating a new account through youtube ads and the warframe website,the option of payment from the website is the list of variable payment option,UltimatePay as shown by Sedlo whereas Steam was no where to be seen,which i felt relieved that at least i could finally buy something in that account using either CherryCredits or MOLpoints and not killing me to Steam.My point is,would that be fixes or implementations of Steam payment and UltimatePay options for both players who signed from Steam and accounts created non-affliated to Steam be available in the future...sry for the long rant..cause limiting to Steam payment option for this account is really bugging me.

>>This is ridiculous. I submitted a ticket that didn't work out. I want a different way of being able to purchase besides steam. Since that isn't working out at all. I go into the in-game market and click on buy platinum> XX Platinum "Buy Now> "OOPS! SORRY!" message comes up. I go to the website via firefox , it redirects me to steam because I activated the account there instead of be able to purchace on the site itself...which is just "fljkasldkjf;asdlfj" if you know what I mean.

>>My brother can purchase since he did in fact sign up on the website itself instead of on Steam. He was able to purchase on the website no problem via Firefox. Me on the other hand...."asdfkljasldkfasdklfj"

I'm pretty sure the problem is that UltimatePay, Warframe's transaction handler, is riddled with bugs. Primarily one that thinks everyone is a fraudulent buyer and blocks them from being able to purchase anything.

Yep

I had received word from their customer service. I'll summerize it for people not willing to read through it all but it essentially translates into "It's out of our control, it's an automated system. And you may have to pay by other means"

Thank you for contacting PayByCash/UltimatePay! We see several purchase attempts associated with your account “SJFox” at Warframe using credit card/PayPal as the payment method. Please know that online transactions go through several security filters. We value the security of your account, and the system determined the risk of your payment was too high to accept. Your payment was declined for one or more of the following reasons:

-You have exceeded the amount of payments you are able to send in a specific period of time

-You have exceeded the dollar amount you are able to send in a specific period of times

-Your card is being used to make payments for more than one account

-You have placed too many unsuccessful orders for your account in a short period of time

We request you to wait until 2013-03-27 before attempted a new credit card/PayPal payment. We have this system in place to not only protect our company, but to protect our customers from fraudulent activity as well. In the meantime, you will need to choose a different payment option such as Ultimate Game Card to complete your purchase.

If you require any additional assistance or information, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Funny thing is, none of the above has happened to my card/account and it's all on their end. Everything has been green from day one with this card and account as my banker assures me.

@Lateral and those having the "Steam Error" - this is quite possibly caused my a mismatch in the system of what Steam account is associated with your Warframe account. Lateral, if you made your account on the same computer as your brother, or your brother had logged into steam in Firefox on your computer, it is quite possible your Warframe account is for some reason associated with his Steam account.

They're currently working on a way to fix that, but in the meantime, you may be able to buy something with your Warframe account by having your brother sign into his Steam account on your computer, and seeing if, when you are logged into your Warframe account and click a Plat or Founders package, it runs the transaction properly.

@SJFox, I think Ultimatepay has a transaction timeout thing going on. If somewhere in the process it has to issue too many transaction IDs based on your account or IP or something, it will stop doing so for some time. If I'm thinking right, this is a security measure to prevent unsavory activity, but it makes me think somewhere in there if one bit of this transaction equation isn't making more requests than is needed... just a theory.

I have been trying to buy the hunters pack last night but it keeps declining my card. I bought some plat before and it worked fine. I even used someone elses card and it still declined it. Also this was on this site and not on steam.

@Lateral and those having the "Steam Error" - this is quite possibly caused my a mismatch in the system of what Steam account is associated with your Warframe account. Lateral, if you made your account on the same computer as your brother, or your brother had logged into steam in Firefox on your computer, it is quite possible your Warframe account is for some reason associated with his Steam account.

They're currently working on a way to fix that, but in the meantime, you may be able to buy something with your Warframe account by having your brother sign into his Steam account on your computer, and seeing if, when you are logged into your Warframe account and click a Plat or Founders package, it runs the transaction properly.

@SJFox, I think Ultimatepay has a transaction timeout thing going on. If somewhere in the process it has to issue too many transaction IDs based on your account or IP or something, it will stop doing so for some time. If I'm thinking right, this is a security measure to prevent unsavory activity, but it makes me think somewhere in there if one bit of this transaction equation isn't making more requests than is needed... just a theory.

Darn it didn't work. Thanks for tip tho it was worth a try.

Anything to do with Warframe I did on my account and it asks to credit my Steam wallet but I get the good ol steam error. But in my case maybe it's because my account is UK and I'm in CZ but can't be sure. Lets find out what happens in the end can't wait to get some plat and nice bonus items :D