Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable To Purchase Any Founders Pack

Iridann

cool story

Loving that banned sign, sonny. But thanks for bumping the thread.

Note to DE: I'm talking to some of the support staff and they seem to believe it's consumer end browser/computer wise. I just thought I'd note I've tried it from 4 different networks over the past week, as well as my laptop, desktop and phone.

@SJFox, I think Ultimatepay has a transaction timeout thing going on. If somewhere in the process it has to issue too many transaction IDs based on your account or IP or something, it will stop doing so for some time. If I'm thinking right, this is a security measure to prevent unsavory activity, but it makes me think somewhere in there if one bit of this transaction equation isn't making more requests than is needed... just a theory.

Well here's the issue, as I said, it works once then fails for each form of payment. So I can't make two payments in one day? This is counterproductive for any F2P micro-transaction architecture. Yesterday I was able to use paypal in the morning. Then I left for school, came back in the afternoon and tried to buy another 10 dollars worth of platinum to grab a new warframe and boom it locked me out of the paypal method.

The only time I was able to use direct card payment was once: 5 dollars. It has since rejected my card through this method as if it were permanently blocked (They advised me to wait 7 days before trying again, I waited 12 and it's still blocked).

The only time I was able to use paypal was once: 10 dollars, they are now canceling my paypal payment attempts.

The only time I was able to use ultimategame card things were twice: 20 dollars, now they're blocking me.

So they are pretty much blocking every single means of supporting this game if you plan on just buying one or two things at a time like I was.

I've been having the same problems.

I got the game from steam - I don't remember if i created the account through steam interface or from warframe website.

I know i'm putting in the proper card information. I know my card is not blocked (I called my card monitoring company). I've firefox and chrome, deleting cookies / cache, registering an account with ultimate pay and being logged in. I've tried paypal and by credit card, then tried debit card.

My steam account was created in 04 if that makes any difference.

I don't see a way to pay through steam or I would try that.

I don't have a way to purchase my desired founder's pack at the moment - please don't discontinue the promotion until this problem has been fixed!

Sorry, just gonna bump this as it seems to be the main thread for the error.

Update:

Tried Making an account inside of the game using the steam browser, can purchase platinum and founders packs on that account, however not through the steam wallet. Just looks like wallet payments need to be set up.

Edited by Iridann

Through warframe support I learned that because my phsical location (my school) is significantly different from my billing location (official residence, multiple states away) that it is flagged and won't go through.

If you're in this boat as well - that could be the reason.

It was suggested to puchase 'ultimate game cards' or buy a pre-paid credit card. However, both of these options would require spending extra money for the same item due to either tax or fees.

Hopefully the founder's program won't end before I graduate and drive home this summer.

edit - kind of funny, i want to play this game but i don't like my starter frame - so i wanted to purchase founders to get a frame i think i'd like to play - but i can't... so i kinda just stopped playing cause i can't enjoy it atm.

Edited by Antigen

Through warframe support I learned that because my phsical location (my school) is significantly different from my billing location (official residence, multiple states away) that it is flagged and won't go through.

If you're in this boat as well - that could be the reason.

It was suggested to puchase 'ultimate game cards' or buy a pre-paid credit card. However, both of these options would require spending extra money for the same item due to either tax or fees.

Hopefully the founder's program won't end before I graduate and drive home this summer.

edit - kind of funny, i want to play this game but i don't like my starter frame - so i wanted to purchase founders to get a frame i think i'd like to play - but i can't... so i kinda just stopped playing cause i can't enjoy it atm.

You see, steam quote this and say because where I am paying from is different to where I reside in, but my billing address is at home and I'm at my home. I think it might be because I am blessed with a dynamic ip, as guild wars 2 constantly gets me to email verify because it thinks I change from different locations in two cities when I am infact in neither of them.

I got a response today from support about this;

"I am very sorry but only accounts that were created through Steam are able to use the Steam Wallet to purchase Platinum or Founders Packs. Accounts that were created through our website still use UltimatePay as provider for payment services."

Will there ever be steam wallet support?

I got a response today from support about this;

"I am very sorry but only accounts that were created through Steam are able to use the Steam Wallet to purchase Platinum or Founders Packs. Accounts that were created through our website still use UltimatePay as provider for payment services."

Will there ever be steam wallet support?

When did you send in your ticket? I sent it yesterday and no answer yet.

I can't buy the Grand Master Pack because steam keeps forcing me to to try and pay with Steam Wallet... but Steam Wallet says $250.00 is beyond the maximum amount of capital I'm allowed to have in it at any one time. Making it a mathematical impossibility to buy the Grand Master Pack. I put in a ticket as well. I don't know what to do as Steam is terrible like I mentioned above, and your website just redirects me to pay through Steam even though Steam keeps making a hissy fit with the Steam Wallet. I'm not sure why this is happening or how to fix it.

When did you send in your ticket? I sent it yesterday and no answer yet.

A few days ago, not sure on specifics

I can't buy the Grand Master Pack because steam keeps forcing me to to try and pay with Steam Wallet... but Steam Wallet says $250.00 is beyond the maximum amount of capital I'm allowed to have in it at any one time. Making it a mathematical impossibility to buy the Grand Master Pack. I put in a ticket as well. I don't know what to do as Steam is terrible like I mentioned above, and your website just redirects me to pay through Steam even though Steam keeps making a hissy fit with the Steam Wallet. I'm not sure why this is happening or how to fix it.

Buy masters then upgrade to grand master. That avoids the limit

So DEWill suggested I try this and while it kicked an error -15 in Steam first try, reloading the page made it go through ok.  This is related to the OP error that the Steam website was giving some of us, so might not work for other issues.

Run Warframe via Steam with Steam logged into whatever Steam account you're trying to pay with.

Click on Buy Platinum, and if you want to mess with the Founders program, click that.

It -should- open the Steam in-game browser and you should not have to log into the Steam site.

Select what package you want to buy (click Buy Now).

Here, it -should- direct you to a request to fund your Steam Wallet or to pull money out of your Steam Wallet.

It -might- give you an error, like -15 or somesuch, just try reloading and being patient with it.

If a reload of the error page doesn't help, then no clue, guess it didn't work, but it did actually work for me, so others might also have some luck.

I'll admit I still don't quite consider that a fix, but at least it is a possible option to get what you wanted.  *shrug*

Good luck and let us know if you tried this, what the result was!

• 2 weeks later...

The nature of this problems stems from the fact your account was created through the website, and the first purchase was made through the website, not Steam.

Currently, there is no crosstalk.

If you created and paid in UltimatePay, upgrades are then only possible in UltimatePay - even if you are launching through Steam.

I may be able to manually tweak some things if you would prefer to Upgrade through Steam. You can PM me if you'd like to explore this as an option. Unavailable for now.

Hope this helps.

There should be a way to change it. It's like it's a punishment for being stupid and paying through the wbsite the first time. There should always be an option to use UltimatePay or Steam Funds. There's obviously a lot of complaints on this issue all over the internet and I don't see why "devs" arn't trying atleast to make the option for Steam Funds and UltimatePay. It's getting rediculous at this point. They need to start listening to their Community more then themselfs.

There should be a way to change it. It's like it's a punishment for being stupid and paying through the wbsite the first time. There should always be an option to use UltimatePay or Steam Funds. There's obviously a lot of complaints on this issue all over the internet and I don't see why "devs" arn't trying atleast to make the option for Steam Funds and UltimatePay. It's getting rediculous at this point. They need to start listening to their Community more then themselfs.

While I agree with the sentiment you're trying to make I don't believe DE would legitimately try to work themselves out of legitimate sales. 

Edited by Azure_Kyte

While I agree with the sentiment you're trying to make I don't believe DE would legitimately try to work themselves out of legitimate sales. 

How would they work out of "Legitimate sales"? personaly I think they would make more by fixing this issue.

How would they work out of "Legitimate sales"? personaly I think they would make more by fixing this issue.

That's what I'm trying to say. They are aware of the issue, and it may not necessarily be something they can just snap their fingers and magically solve. They would not be waiting around for nothing if they obviously know that there are sales being missed out on. It may just be a case where at present, they can't do anything.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

That's what I'm trying to say. They are aware of the issue, and it may not necessarily be something they can just snap their fingers and magically solve. They would not be waiting around for nothing if they obviously know that there are sales being missed out on. It may just be a case where at present, they can't do anything.

It would be helpfull to atleast hear that they are working on it, or that they CAN'T fix it. I believe they can. They're just fixated on other things then making money. No DEV post that i've seen on topics like this say that they can't fix it. Many have said they are working on it. But those posts are in March. They're just taking their gold Ol' time. They should make a warning pop up in the game saying "IF YOU BUY WITH PAYPAL YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO USE YOUR STEAM WALLET BEWARE". Or when you're ingame and go to the Market and hit "Get Platinum" it brings you to the steam wallet, and when you're on the website you buy with UltimatePay and what not. Makes more sense other then being punished for not knowing that you'll never be able to use your steam wallet if you purchased through the website. I'm making valid points here and this is a great idea aswell.

I wish we had that warning to prevent your frustration.

Facts are:

Steam users* can only use Steam Wallet.

Website users* can only use UP.

I don't think it is possible to let Steam users pay with UP, but it may be possible to get UP users into Steam. I will try and see what I can chase down on this when I'm at work. I am unsure of details.

*an account created through Steam.

*an account created through www.warframe.com