Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tower Iii Keys Where?

animalwedding

So I'm running low on T3 keys, and lurking the recruiting channel for runs is like playing some horrible buzz-in game show. Obviously my options now are:

1) Buy keys with platinum.

2) Buy prime parts with platinum.

3) Get keys myself.

I try option 3 and spend about 4-5 hours in Pluto and Ceres 15-20 minute survivals with a few high level defense missions thrown in for variety. I only get T2 keys, which I don't need. The XP is essentially wasted; the Gorgon Wraith is ranked and ditched after a few gimped runs. I don't need credits or mods. I spend 4-5 hours making zero progress toward getting any of the new content, which, in hindsight, is a dubious motivation to play in the first place as we already had a wealth of serviceable weapons in the game prior to this patch.

I can't see this being sustainable in the future after our pre-existing surplus of T3 keys runs out (and it may already have). The situation becomes even more dire when you consider each elusive key only represents a small chance at getting the desired loot. I don't think this is the kind of exclusivity, the kind that requires either hours of grinding otherwise irrelevant content or spending money, that the "veterans" want in their Prime gear. Anyone seeing significantly better results feel free to enlighten me.

Edit: meant to post this in the general feedback forum.

Edited by animalwedding

So I'm running low on T3 keys, and lurking the recruiting channel for runs is like playing some horrible buzz-in game show. Obviously my options now are:

1) Buy keys with platinum.

2) Buy prime parts with platinum.

3) Get keys myself.

I try option 3 and spend about 4-5 hours in Pluto and Ceres 15-20 minute survivals with a few high level defense missions thrown in for variety. I only get T2 keys, which I don't need. The XP is essentially wasted; the Gorgon Wraith is ranked and ditched after a few gimped runs. I don't need credits or mods. I spend 4-5 hours making zero progress toward getting any of the new content, which, in hindsight, is a dubious motivation to play in the first place as we already had a wealth of serviceable weapons in the game prior to this patch.

I can't see this being sustainable in the future after our pre-existing surplus of T3 keys runs out (and it may already have). The situation becomes even more dire when you consider each elusive key only represents a small chance at getting the desired loot. I don't think this is the kind of exclusivity, the kind that requires either hours of grinding otherwise irrelevant content or spending money, that the "veterans" want in their Prime gear. Anyone seeing significantly better results feel free to enlighten me.

Edit: meant to post this in the general feedback forum.

I run the survival on earth to rank things up and get keys as a byproduct. Then when new content comes out I can use them or give them away to clan mates.

Edit: The keys tend to either be T2 or T3(I think?)

Edited by Ourobor

I am having trouble finding any T3 keys as well.
With ODD giving out tons of T2 keys, and ODS giving out tons of T1 keys, I never had any shortage of T1 and T2 keys.

But when it comes to T3 keys, man, I have to resort to higher lvl survivals and defence which happens to drop T2 keys at the same rate as T3.

Now i find myself having tons of T2s, moderate amount of T1, but severely lacking in any T3 keys.

There needs to be a place where we can consistently find T3 keys, maybe in nightmare survival, or simply remove the bs T2 keys from Tier 3 survivals.

Also noticed this...

Done SV/Def missions all the way from Venus too Pluto recently and got nothing but T2 keys and mods.

ODD only gives T2 keys even after 45-50min.

Void SV/Def also only giving T2 keys.

Wasnt farming keys... I dont "Farm" anything after Oxium killed the vibe for me... 

Just something I've noticed recently while playing.

One should never get keys for a lower level mission than you are currently running, imo.

T1s should never drop in T2 or higher missions, should be farmable in T1s or regular Defence and Survivals (< level 10)

T2s should never drop from T3 or Derelict missions, should be farmable from T1s, T2s and mid level Defence and Survivals (10< lvl <20)

T3s should be farmable from T2s, T3s, Derelict and high level Defence and Survivals (20< lvl)

This needed addressing about 3 months ago, not next month.

One should never get keys for a lower level mission than you are currently running, imo.

T1s should never drop in T2 or higher missions, should be farmable in T1s or regular Defence and Survivals (< level 10)

T2s should never drop from T3 or Derelict missions, should be farmable from T1s, T2s and mid level Defence and Survivals (10< lvl <20)

T3s should be farmable from T2s, T3s, Derelict and high level Defence and Survivals (20< lvl)

This needed addressing about 3 months ago, not next month.

ikr.

Its like... Thanks for doing this difficult area, now heres a lower level key go do something easier.

Reverse progression ftw.