Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod: Critical Delay

Natesky9

I'll be short and concise here:

Critical Delay, unlike other Nightmare mods, does not have a substantial increase to negate the downside of the mod itself.

It has a 48% increase of critical chance

in return for a -36% fire rate.

Now, while this could be increased to the point where it is viable, I'd like to propose an alternative, which would open up some weapons' potential which before would not have been possible.

(Prepare for the paragraph)

As you know, mods that increase critical chance don't Add the percentage chance, but rather multiply them. For instance, Critical delay only adds about half the critical chance of the weapon. For low-critical chance weapons (2.5%), this gives a whopping 1.2%!!! But even for High crit weapons, like the Soma, it only gives 14%

What if, instead of using this method, there was a corrupted mod, 10 ranks, that gave a Raw critical chance?
This would be much better example for Melee weapons, as they have the worst critical chance mods at the moment. They can't multi-shot, and the only crit chance mod for melee gives a 60% bonus. That makes most melee weapons weak because of poor mod choices. Not only that, but to do any damage with melee, you're forced to choose a high base-damage weapon, High Charge damage, or just forgo damage completely, and use them as helicopter blades

But, we'll see how melee 2.0 changes that.

Back to Critical delay, I feel as if it should be made unique to give straight critical chance, instead of a multiplier, as Point strike already gives 150% crit chance based off of the weapon's original chance.

This would make giving some guns that don't have exceptional critical chance, but a higher crit damage, a viable build for going crit damage instead of Raw damage. Currently, Bows are severely overpowered because of their immediate crit chance. You don't even need a fully ranked point strike to max out it's 100% crit chance. 40% with point strike is an immediate crit every time. But having a gun with 20% chance to crit can only reach 50%, or 60% with the old critical delay. And that's a big difference

Edit: Back on topic

Edited by Natesky9

Critical Delay is Corrupted and is useful on Snipers primarely 

Lanka only has 20% critical chance. Vectis has 25%. Add a point strike to that, and you have 62% chance to crit. Add critical delay, and you only get 75%. It still doesn't add much, unless you're going for a strict crit build, which means that already 5 slots are taken for your build, then Serration making a 6th.

Critical Delay is useful on a few Weapons (primarily ones that you want more Crit Chance and less RoF, there's a few), but yes, outside of those it gets no use at all, as it's not really a significant change. 

but Additive Mods shouldn't be the answer, since all Mods are Multiplicative currently, the lack of consistency would be confusing.

unless you're going for a strict crit build, which means that already 5 slots are taken for your build, then Serration making a 6th.

wait, where'd the 5th Mod come from? there's only 4 Rifle Mods that affect Crits. unless you're talking about Multishot?

wait, where'd the 5th Mod come from? there's only 4 Rifle Mods that affect Crits. unless you're talking about Multishot?

Yes, Multishot nearly doubles all stats while using the same ammo and fire rate.

I would use it on... Grakata, just to make it a little more controllable, maybe?

Magnum Force is also another really bad Corrupted mod. Worse than Critical Delay, honestly.

Yes, Grakata is one of the best rifles to use it on.

I use it on mine, and it helps accuracy alot. 

Magnum force, however, isn't that bad. But it's only great for pistols that don't require much accuracy, or have pinpoint accuracy already

No, Magnum Force is really bad. Like, always.

Hornet Strike is 220% while Magnum Force is only 66%. Adding maxed Magnum Force on top of maxed Hornet Strike is only a 20% increase in damage. That's worse than adding a Bane mod. It barely even beats out adding a 60% elemental on top of already having 3 90% elementals (basically, worse case scenario in which to add an element) by 3% damage, in return for losing accuracy and being an expensive mod to max.

If you're looking for straight DPS, another mod is almost always superior. I consider Magnum Force so bad that I actually feel bad selling it to people.

Yes, Multishot nearly doubles all stats while using the same ammo and fire rate.

Yes, Grakata is one of the best rifles to use it on.

I use it on mine, and it helps accuracy alot. 

Magnum force, however, isn't that bad. But it's only great for pistols that don't require much accuracy, or have pinpoint accuracy already

multyshoud dous not souble your crit chance it does increase the probability of a crit but it is not cut and dry 2x more chance thats not how probability works

coinflip is 50%

flipping 2 coins does not give you a 100% chance of heads it gives you a 75% chance that one or the other or both lands on heads

(0) (0)/ ( ) (0)/ (0) ( ) / ( ) ( )

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

ah, yes. Multishot. note that it's not a guarantee though. but on average it will increase Crits and Status Effects.

-snip-

absolutely correct.