Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Public Chat

Axianamus

Did a search about this, but I don't see anything so excuse me if this was brought up.

In the main menu there needs to be a public or lobby chat of some sort. It's frustrating as all hell having no idea what planets players are on, where they are, and not having the ability to really form squads in-game.

Also one small issue I have with the UI which I did see elsewhere. Backing out of menu's can be annoying sometimes with an x in some spots, and a back button in others, and unless im wrong, I can't just his ESC to back out of the menu im looking at.

a public chat sounds terrible, unless i can turn it off or something.

i don't want to read public chats (Blacklight: Retribution for example) because of all the people constantly spamming or talking about completely pointless things.

also remember that a public chat will bury what you say in a second or two most of the time with how many people will probably be using it at the same time.

There is an unofficial community IRC channel, you can read more about it here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/1224-unofficial-irc/

Dev post from that thread:

Right now priority is on crashes, match-making, contacts and scaling. No promises, but plans are to have a unified, in-game solution, that evolves into the most bad-&#! place to hang out in Warframe.

It's not officially endorsed or anything and it doesn't see a ton of use (yet), but it's there for people to use as they see fit until such time as DE creates a system to replace it. I and others will continue to support and use it until that time comes (and even after, if it's gained that much traction by then).