Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Idea - Ascalon

SeriousSmith

An idea for a new warframe. Combining a potent alternative to gun play as well as an affinity for crowd control, Ascalon has the ability to harness pure energy to use against his foes. He is able to channel energy and expel it from the ports on his helmet and his chest as a coherent beam or blast. His energy is so bright, it has the power to blind his foes. His energy can also recharge the energy reserves of fellow warframes.

AscalonWarframe_zpscc4793dc.jpg

SKILLS:

Radiant Pulse: Ascalon fires a blast of energy from the port on his helmet. This powerful blast can bore through two enemies.

Blind Frezy: Ascalon emits a powerful pulse of energy so bright, it blinds enemies. The shock from the initial pulse causes them to fire their weapons wildly in all directions. (That stuff's bright and hot, who wouldn't spaz out?) When there magazines are empty, ample opportunities for sneaking past them present themselves. Keep in mind that this affect only lasts a few seconds, and when they spray bullets everywhere, take note not to get shot yourself!

Supercharge: Ascalon emits a pulse that can completely recharge his energy reserves as well as his teammates' energy reserves. Energy reserves recharged by this skill are overfilled by 50 more energy points.

Radiant Surge: Ascalon channels all of his energy into the port on his chest and releases it as a large coherent beam. Ascalon can not move while firing this beam, but his beam can be aimed in any direction. 

---

I hope you fellow Tenno like this! Let me know what you guys hink about Ascalon; whether you think he's good, lame, overpowered or whatever! 

Seems interesting, however the second idea seems like a mimic of radial blind with total spazz added into the mix. I would think that rather than blinding it could cause a massive knockdown followed by radiation proc for x seconds would be a bit more interesting. Not quite chaos, but fun CC for sure!

Also, the third should act like an energy version of Renewal, with several orbs floating to other players rather than an immediate restore. Either that or make it an ultimate.

Finally, the fourth ability seems fun, but he should convert all damage into a large blast at the end, kinda like an overload of the ability, that would also cost him a quarter of his shields if it activates. He should also be immune to damage while the ability is active.

Also, great design! Love it!

-Upgrade

Seems interesting, however the second idea seems like a mimic of radial blind with total spazz added into the mix. I would think that rather than blinding it could cause a massive knockdown followed by radiation proc for x seconds would be a bit more interesting. Not quite chaos, but fun CC for sure!

Also, the third should act like an energy version of Renewal, with several orbs floating to other players rather than an immediate restore. Either that or make it an ultimate.

Finally, the fourth ability seems fun, but he should convert all damage into a large blast at the end, kinda like an overload of the ability, that would also cost him a quarter of his shields if it activates. He should also be immune to damage while the ability is active.

Also, great design! Love it!

-Upgrade

Thanks for the tips man! :D There a good way to balance out this frame. Coming up with these skills is hard and in the end, make the frame look overpowered...

Blind Frenzy is pretty much just Excalibur's Radial Blind and Nyx's Chaos abilities combines... Not very original there...

But the rest of what you said was very good!  Thank you! :)

The Model you drew is very well drawn, but it just doesnt really seem "warframey" it needs more embroidery and patterns on him.

Getting to his abilities, I like the first one, but it seems pretty weak, i think it should have the power to take down an entire row of enemies, the second ability should be something like what,   UpgradeInProgress said, does knockdown and radiation damage. The Third ability shouldn't immediately restore all energy, I think it should be a team buff yes, but should do it more slowly, like a really fast energy siphon, that can be altered with continuity, because it doesnt seem like any ability buff mods would do anything for that ability. The fourth one I like, nothing really wrong with it, it is different than an ability that instantly destroys a crowd in a certain radius. All in all, I think it is a pretty good frame, I would like to see it in game, and would definetly play him.

The Model you drew is very well drawn, but it just doesnt really seem "warframey" it needs more embroidery and patterns on him.

Getting to his abilities, I like the first one, but it seems pretty weak, i think it should have the power to take down an entire row of enemies, the second ability should be something like what,   UpgradeInProgress said, does knockdown and radiation damage. The Third ability shouldn't immediately restore all energy, I think it should be a team buff yes, but should do it more slowly, like a really fast energy siphon, that can be altered with continuity, because it doesnt seem like any ability buff mods would do anything for that ability. The fourth one I like, nothing really wrong with it, it is different than an ability that instantly destroys a crowd in a certain radius. All in all, I think it is a pretty good frame, I would like to see it in game, and would definetly play him.

Thanks! 

I do tend to have a tough time drawing these warframes. It's a suit of armor, but it's more like metal skin than plates. It's really hard! XD

I'm glad you like some of Ascalon's abilities! Perhaps the Radiant Pulse can pierce more enemies the more you upgrade it! The second ability having knockdown and radiation effects sounds awesome! Much better than what I had originally planned! And your recommendation for the Supercharge is much more fair; instantly recharging seems OP... 

Again, thank you for your words! Who knows? Maybe one day they'll make a 'frame like this one! I'd build and play as him too! :D