Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Type: Lockdown

KiraShado

So, basically I've been playing Warframe, and was wondering "Why is there a stealth aspect in the game that no one uses?" And I've been thinking for a long time (Much after I found out about Zephyr's true origins ;) ) about making a suggestion as a fan towards Warframe. 
I think, now I have perfected my idea. (Not really.)

EDIT: This is literally my first time on the forums... Sorry... And I've notice there isn't really any posts on Mission Types. Just Warframes and weapons.
(Be warned this is a long post. Sorry, just keep reading it get's better.)

It's called Lockdown, a Stealth-based and completely designed on player interactive strategy. Now I'm not a very good artist so I can't provide artwork like in the Zephyr post, but I can describe pretty well.

Lockdown missions can work in any type of enemy mission (i.e Corpus, Grineer, Infected, and even the Void). 

Player(s) start out in a room that has two doors leading into two MASSIVELY (not really) long hallways/corridors that connect to rooms and etc. One of the two hallways is much more "shorter" than the other. We'll talk about the other hallway later.

I'm going to talk about the mission if it weren't an Infestation mission.

Stealth H. ( It's the first hallway ) is obviously a the stealth theme in this mission type. The corridor would be filled with objects and containers that the player(s) could hide behind, and there would be enemies at intersections and in the corridors. Now, these could vary from standard enemies (Corpus Crewmen, Grineer Lancers/Troopers, Corrupted Lancers/Crewmen) to more difficult enemies (Bombards, Ancients, or Elite Crewmen). 
Stealth H. would have considerably less enemies than Assault H. (The other hallway.) This is for the stealth factor of the game. 

Now couldn't the player just run in choose the Stealth H. and murder everyone and be done? 
No, considering every single mission can be completed like this (Kinda, but we all know it.) This is my first tweak at the standard game play.
We have the player(s) start off in that one room right? Well before they branch off into the two hallways we have the players do one of those door bypass checks (The Bybass is done. Go.), but instead of there being a single massive door blocking your way, the player(s) will have a wall between them and the other bypass switch. This would limit the number of players on the Stealth H. or the Assault H. because when both sides have the switch pulled, the doors to the two hallways will LOCK and the players will be separated then.
This means there HAS to be at LEAST one player on the Stealth H. or the Assault H. This is the Lockdown part of the mission.

What about Solo gameplay?

I'll get to this.

So we got two hallways and we limit the group of players to be 1:3, 1:2, 2:2, or 3:1 for the number of players per Stealth H. to Assault H. ratio. But there's a twist to the Stealth H.

If a player get's alerted in the Stealth H. then the Stealth H. will get flooded, and I do mean flooded, with waves after waves of enemies (Not standard enemies, that's too easy.). This makes the Stealth H. really really difficult if you're caught, for it naturally it is tighter and the room will be flooded with enemies constantly shooting you. Which would suck and be fairly difficult to get out of even if you have a Penta and you're a Nova or a Rhino or an overpowered Warframe.

But what about the Assault H., couldn't they trigger the alarm?

Not if the Assault H. has no alarms to be triggered.... Yeah the Assault H. would have no alert panels so it's up to the Stealth H. players to be good at sneaking or else they'll get swarmed.

My Sentinel would get me detected all the time though!

Aha! See, when I said strategy, I wasn't lying. Why would you gun-ho run into the Stealth H. if you know you'll get flooded and your Sentinel would get you caught. Of course you could always kill the person before they set off the alarm... Unless you're distracted trying to fight off enemies and they pull the alarm....

Now, after playing Warframe for some time now, it's pretty clear there are Warframes that people always choose to get the job done. A Nova could wipe a map, a Rhino could clean a Nightmare, or a Zephyr could collect all the data modules. These are key Warframes meant to deal with these jobs, obviously Ash or Loki would be good choices for this mission type right?
Well by the pattern I've set the answer is: No.

Sure Ash's Smoke Screen and Loki's Invisibility would work great to sneak past the enemy lines, but what's the point if you had to wait up for the player(s) in the Assault H.? Yeah, there would be Bypass points in the hallways that would require the players to sync up.

So what about the Assault H.? What makes this one also so Strategic?

First off, in the Assault H., the player(s) are required to "Draw away" attention to the "Tenno Operative" (Hehehehe). Yeah total rip off, but let me continue. They would effectively fight off wave after wave of enemies, coming almost every 30 seconds to 1 minute (Maybe even 20 seconds if they have like a Nova or something). 
It also wouldn't be a challenge for a group of experienced players, if ammo/energy/health in this hallway rarely drop, and all the containers were locked... (Resource and mods won't be effected, don't worry.)
Yes, Warframe CAN do this to you (it's one of the problems in Nightmare Mode.)

Uh, Nekros desecrating the dead? Hello?

Well wouldn't that be a smart strategy wouldn't it? But n

This is like a mix of Defense, Survival, and Rescue. Defense for the constant waves (save for the speed of the waves coming), Survival for the Tenno Operative (But the Operative is actually helping, I'll get to this), and Rescue because you'll eventually have to meet up with the other player (like the captive).

Assault H. + Molecular Prime + Penta = ? or Corpus Assault H. + Shield Polarize = ?

Well, why would it be called strategic if it wasn't?
Molecular Prime is expensive and Shield Polarize would need a lot of energy to be effective (and yes I've considered Energy Siphon, Strategy right?), but with zero item drop...

Remember when I said the Tenno operative would be actually helping and how there would be zero item drop? Well, I know from experience that in some Void Defense missions, players could set off lasers and stuff.

Imagine some players in a glass hallway, and beside them in an adjacent room they see their Tenno buddies be shot to death. These players see a wall panel on the wall of the hallway, and set off a moving laser beam that burns the people shooting the Tenno. That could be helpful...
With that idea, the Stealth H. would have Hack Consoles before Bypass points that unlock some of the locked Lockers or Containers in the Assault H.
Oh, by strategy, that would be LOVELY.

What happens if I get downed and I'm alone in one of the hallways?

That... Is a problem.

See this mission is about strategy and stealth, and it WAS NOT intended for new players. (I'll get to this. I need to get to a lot of things....)

Why would you stay alone in the Assault H. if you KNOW it will be filled with death?
Why would you go into the Stealth H. with a Sentinel that can't kill fast or be good for stealth?

See strategy, you can't gun-ho into either hallway without some player-to-player talk. This forces players to actively help each other or it would be much more difficult.

Does this mean I have to go in with a team of four?
Not necessarily, but I would imagine it would help a good deal of a lot.

The tile sets already in the game are pretty good for either hallways. Just imagine a sneaking through some of those.... Also Barrels would be helpful to notice in the Assault H. and maybe DE could include a way to release ally Shield Ospreys from the Stealth H. to the Assault H.

At somewhere in the middle of the map, there would be a place to allow players to switch up, another Bypass but players could change hallways if need be. If you happened to get bored of stealth and want to switch this would be the point to do it, though I wouldn't think the build you prepared for one of the hallways be great for the other.

The solo gameplay? How would you finish the mission? What's the point of it to the Tenno?

Oh, right.

You would finish much like a Mobile Defense but you have to pass those Bypass points instead. And you wouldn't have to wait for a timer. 

Tenno, this is a Lockdown mission.

You will have to find the Control Console and implant the virus into the mainframe.

From my information, there are two ways to the console, an Assault route and a Stealth route.

The Grineer/Corpus have found your location and have locked up. Tread carefully Tenno.
So... We're implanting a virus now.....

What about infestation?
Tenno, this is a Lockdown mission.

There is a Control Console with lost Orokin Data on it, find it and retrieve the data.
The old security system is online. Be careful Tenno, the infested flood this sector.

You will need to trigger Bypasses to move on. Tread carefully Tenno.

I make a pretty damn good Lotus interpretation don't I?

Solo and Infestation wouldn't be much different. The Solo player could choose either side and any Solo player can set off a bypass alone. Though fighting would be difficult.....

~~~~~~~~~

Okay, that's pretty much all I can remember from my idea.... Please comment for suggestions and DE please take this idea!
Honestly though, I think there's flaws that I just can't see/remember....

Edited by KiraShado