Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"corpus Ignis" Clan Tech Thought

7.T.

This probably has been suggested already but just in case I thought I'd make this post.

I thought it would be cool if we had basically a Corpus equivalent to the Ignis as far as aoe is concerned. My idea of the weapon would be that it shot pulses of electromagnetic energy (base damage would be magnetic -Cpt. Obvious). The ammo consumption could behave in a way similar to the Phage so you can hold the trigger and shoot pulse after pulse. Fire rate up to DE if its even considered. IMO, too much faster than 1 pulse per second might be annoying so it would have a base damage to compensate. As for the animation, think along the lines of Banshee's sneeze FusRoDah Sonic Boom except it would be narrower, little more defined, electric, maybe suspended in the air, and about Ignis range. Or another way I was thinking was expanding electric rings like the stun setting in Star Wars minus the contraction upon reaching the target.

Thoughts?

I was going to post this in the weapons feedback but assumed that is for already existing weapons. If this needs to be moved, it's cool.

Thanks for reading

Edited by 7.T.

that does magnetic dmg with a bit of cold dmg as well 

high proc

pulls enemy in while slowing them and eating shield and does dmg (aoe)

That'd be awesome but I'd be kinda worried that would be asking too much. If not this would be cool

That'd be awesome but I'd be kinda worried that would be asking too much. If not this would be cool

well let see

we have synapse which kills everything but limited range and proc suck

we have soma which is a crit hit scan killer but u need to make the right build and specific to be any good

we have boltor prime which does amazing dmg and pretty decent proc rate

so no it wont be asking much

all i want is what i said above like a phage but it drags enemy into you at a certain distance but they are 100% stagger/stun so they dont shoot you (or the gun could be like a dart shooter type and do what i say above but doesnt drag enemy to u)

procing wise i say pff.... 20-25% be good

crit ehh 10% crit dmg 2.0 cause not gonna kill it

yes it does a dot dmg idea 

sure if its can pull other enemy near by closer if its also was shot then yes

-snip-

Your idea was good, it's just that I assumed it would be a little unusual to give a weapon both magnetic and cold base damage. It would be the first weapon like that right? If DE was cool with it then it'd be great :)

Your idea was good, it's just that I assumed it would be a little unusual to give a weapon both magnetic and cold base damage. It would be the first weapon like that right? If DE was cool with it then it'd be great :)

it would simply cover the base that DE never made a magnetic weapon nor a ice weapon at all

and its will provide more possible builds

its only a matter of time before DE decide to release elemental combo mod cards as a event reward with guess what more chance to proc or increase base dmg

post weekend bump Just looked up the Reegar from ME3 and yeah, that looks close to what I was thinking. Just shockwaves instead of a straight up thunderstorm gun. (which is still awesome)