The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Compare Valkyr To Another Frame But In A Positive Perspective And How Could She Be Improved As A Whole In Your Opinion?

WildcatAU

Im really not seeing why her being tanky is even a problem...we now have an option other than rhino to tank, and its a melee focused frame, she is def still a berserker, sure she wasnt originally designed to be this way exactly but how many frames now have changed for the better? I can still use her effectively even as a berserker in t3 defenses....is it really just me?

edit: posted as the guy above me was posting, so glad I am not the only one XD

Edited by Trouvo

The claws don't even look right. They don't have a custom animation but rather use the fist weapon stance. This causes her to curl her fists up, cutting through the palms of her hands with the claws.

It is just a mess. An utter, utter mess.

This.  This is one of the major reasons why I don't actively play valkyr.  I'm using an ability to creat ENERGY CLAWS.  Why am I tightening my hand up into a fist?  Why am I punching people?!  Wouldn't the point of getting energy claws be tearing apart everything that moves, not giving everything a knuckle sandwich?!

Its just bothers me that they slapped the fist weapon animation on her and called it a night

Edited by Rennagade

She is not supposed to be a tank, no. She is supposed to be a Berserker. However, at her release she flopped so incredibly hard that DE had to implement many little band-aid fixes for her and each one, instead of admitting that they didn't think he through and rework her, made her tankier and tankier.

Eventually we ended up with what we have no - a Valkyr that is so far removed from her original design concept that it makes me weep.

Melee 2.0 won't affect Hysteria: DE have said so on the forums. Another great blow against Valkyr - ironically she will benefits the least from the new melee changes because of her over-reliance on Hysteria.

Last time I played a berserker role was in Tera, I had life steal, heavy armor, and a block. I had heavy HP and am hard to take down with a lot of close range DPS with a axe. Last time I checked Valkyr is perfectly fitting that role. Shes a survivor I should say and not a tank. She is made to survive the end of the world and still live. She does that pretty well.

Last time I played a berserker role was in Tera, I had life steal, heavy armor, and a block. I had heavy HP and am hard to take down with a lot of close range DPS with a axe. Last time I checked Valkyr is perfectly fitting that role. Shes a survivor I should say and not a tank. She is made to survive the end of the world and still live. She does that pretty well.

The Tera Online Berserker is a berserker in name only.

The archtypical Berserker is a melee DPS-class with a strong emphasis on high risk, high reward gameplay.

Edited by Brimir

Now that i think of it, the whole punching thing (while making sense with a bezerker) doesn't fit having claws at at all . She needs to have slash attacks (possibly hitting more than one enemy) for it to make sense with the claws. 

Problem with being a lifesteal only frame.. she would either have to gain hundreds of hp on each punch, or have a HP regen effect, as enemies will just shoot more damage into you than you are healing.

Edit: phone punching doesnt make sense either.. lol (spelling)

Edited by (PS4)MyTagForHalo

This! I personally think Hysteria would be better off without the claws, which always felt clunky to me.

Also, moved to the proper section.

This thread is now Officially going to decrease in traffic by 98% =D Thanks Either way, Hard to find the right sections.

Or...

Y'know...

Just let me use my goddamn melee weapon!

It is not that your idea is bad, Fool(I like it, I much prefer it to the claws!) but with Melee 2.0 coming up I don't really see any other viable solution than allowing us to use our equipped melee weapon.

Anything else would be the death-knell for Valkyr; she won't be the Berserker Warframe nor will she even be a melee Warframe! She will be a boring invulnerable tank stuck in a gimpy Hysteria while everyone else is enjoying Melee 2.0 to it's fullest.

It'd be neat to be able to just use her melee weapon - but I like the idea of her going all roid rage and creating an energy construct weapon to go to town with. It is a neat quirk. Feels like a shame to get rid of it in my opinion.

I'd like to see DE at least attempt to work it out.

I'd probably start by getting rid of the Invuln. Instead I'd have it be a flat 50% damage resist + give every attack life/shield steal. Keep attacking, keep living. She's already incredibly beefy and this plays off that. I'd also switch paralysis to work off of her health and not her shields.

Follow that up by allowing her melee weapon of choice to change how you utilize her 4 and I figure it is off to a much better start.

If anything, I just want DE to redo her 2nd and 3rd ability. I know that's incredibly hard to do but they're honestly not worth having.

Hysteria is the skill I have the most trouble relying on since enemies tend to run away when I activate it. Valkyr has to keep chasing the enemies.

I'd like DE to readjust Hysteria to have a slight paralysis OR debuff the enemies sprint speed greatly when activating it so that actually using this skill can truly be used for melee other than life-steal and invincibility. If Melee 2.0 isn't going to change Hysteria, these would be the best alternative(s) I can see.

Doing that would effectively remove either her 2 or 3 skill and add it to 4 and that means having a new skill for Valkyr. Warcry honestly isn't worth it either especially when you have max Steel Fiber on her. Ripline is quite decent overall and Paralysis is disappointing despite the stun utility.

I really like the concept behind Valkyr but the way DE implemented her is kinda weird. Not enjoying her as of yet.

Edited by AxialBlue

Yeah that is another issue, when sprinting with hysteria, she still just trots along. No noticeable movement speed increase.

The whole claw idea was their thaught of the cat frame. There really isnt anything wrong with them, the mechanics are jsut buggy. You are basically trading melee range for god mode and lifesteal.

about her "2 and 3"... I too thaught they were worthless, until i started the long journey of leveling up those horrid melee weapons that no one wants to use. with warcry, he increased attack speed really helps, anlong with doubling your armor so things cant hurt you nearly as much. Warcry is also really nice for situations where you need to survive but hysteria isnt the best option.

Paralysis is the one I alwasy thaught was the most worthless.. though it does increase your melee multiplier up to 8x? (still not quite sure how it works, i dont even have it equipped yet)

Her warcry givers her hysteria 2x more DPS because she can punch twice as fast. -_-

If she didn't have survivability she would be useless at her melee role.

I'm not arguing that she shouldn't have survivability. The issue I'm having is that full-out invulnerability is such a lazy and cheap way to solve the problem.

What is the problem you ask?

That Armour/Health-tanking simply doesn't work in Warframe. This is the inherent flaw in Valkyr that they had to give her both Lifesteal and Invulnerability to fix.

Personally, I'd just switch out the invulnerability to a melee damage boost. Then up the Lifesteal component. Couple with the inherent CC-immunity of Hysteria, this would make her feel suitably Berserker-y as well as giving her a way to stay alive - by bathing in the blood of her enemies! You'd get high risk, high reward gameplay (you can either stay back and shoot, or you can risk it and go into melee and try to stay alive by Lifestealin').

It'd be neat to be able to just use her melee weapon - but I like the idea of her going all roid rage and creating an energy construct weapon to go to town with. It is a neat quirk. Feels like a shame to get rid of it in my opinion.

I'd like to see DE at least attempt to work it out.

I'd probably start by getting rid of the Invuln. Instead I'd have it be a flat 50% damage resist + give every attack life/shield steal. Keep attacking, keep living. She's already incredibly beefy and this plays off that. I'd also switch paralysis to work off of her health and not her shields.

Follow that up by allowing her melee weapon of choice to change how you utilize her 4 and I figure it is off to a much better start.

Again, were it not for Melee 2.0 I would whole-heartedly agree with you. Also, I'm glad we're on the same page about the other changes to Hysteria! :)

Edited by Brimir

Her warcry givers her hysteria 2x more DPS because she can punch twice as fast. -_-

and 2x the armor which is very useful in those high-end missions like 40mins in nuovo or t3s

I'm not arguing that she shouldn't have survivability. The issue I'm having is that full-out invulnerability is such a lazy and cheap way to solve the problem.

What is the problem you ask?

That Armour/Health-tanking simply doesn't work in Warframe. This is the inherent flaw in Valkyr that they had to give her both Lifesteal and Invulnerability to fix.

Personally, I'd just switch out the invulnerability to a melee damage boost. Then up the Lifesteal component. Couple with the inherent CC-immunity of Hysteria, this would make her feel suitably Berserker-y as well as giving her a way to stay alive - by bathing in the blood of her enemies! You'd get high risk, high reward gameplay (you can either stay back and shoot, or you can risk it and go into melee and try to stay alive by Lifestealin').

Again, were it not for Melee 2.0 I would whole-heartedly agree with you. Also, I'm glad we're on the same page about the other changes to Hysteria! :)

to just change hysteria like this, I would have no problems at all, just dont nerf her armor or remove her warcry XD
Edited by Trouvo

No kidding..  I really hope you were just adding to my statement..

Though it is debatable is that boost is truly THAT useful considering it is taking up a mod spot.. Dont get me wrong, i use it all the time. I need something to use my energy on after all. Rage is a wonderful thing.

She is meant to be a beserker not a tank, which generally means attack speed and lifesteal.

Ripline - is fun and functional

Warcry - is , well you have so much armour already is 10% more damage reduction worth it? with a beserker mod on ichors I can already hit as fast as I can click , do I really need more attack speed. Stuff dies so fast already, do I really need mobs to have less armour.

Paralysis - Currently only entertaining because you can stealth attack with it in hysteria, but we have been told this is a bug.

Hysteria - Good, but clunky, not entirely sure the invincibility is needed with the life steal, but it's nice.

I think it's probably pointless to make this thread :( because we don't know how melee 2.0 will change hysteria. I would like for hysteria to not be based off weapon stats, I'd like to be able to use Jat kittag like in the screen shot, but we have to run ichors/zorens now so we arent gimping hysteria. Bigger range and cleave on hysteria would be good. 

There has to be a better way to kill drones than jumping and ground pounding in Hysteria.

Anyway id be happy if warcry and para were replaced with more useful skills, and Hysteria was tweaked 

10% is quite a lot when dealing with larger numbers.  When taking damage in the thousands taking 100 of every 1000 vs. 200 of every thousand is a huge difference.  At higher levels this makes a huge difference.

Though it is debatable is that boost is truly THAT useful considering it is taking up a mod spot.. Dont get me wrong, i use it all the time. I need something to use my energy on after all. Rage is a wonderful thing.

I was just adding to your statement, thought it would quote what you quoted too lol...and I think it is that useful, for my build at least

Also, don't forget that the other half of Warcry, the Armour buff, is entirely wasted in Hysteria. There's just no synergy between her abilities either.

I was just adding to your statement, thought it would quote what you quoted too lol...and I think it is that useful, for my build at least

mmhm, i agree. I honestly am using it more and more as time goes on xD  I just used it the other day when leveling the chronus.. my god.. the swing speeds! 

Hysteria even glitched where i actually had my chronus out. doing the increased damage, but swinging 4x faster xD  best bug ever.

Also, don't forget that the other half of Warcry, the Armour buff, is entirely wasted in Hysteria. There's just no synergy between her abilities either.

This is true. I agree that invulnerability is quite overkill, they need to find a good balance (like increasing armor and or health depending on how many enemies are present/ how much damage you are taking (like recent frost patch))  Though i have a feeling if they just reverted to JUST lifesteal, it would make her less useful in T3/ higher leveled missions.

Edit: also, it wouldnt hurt just to have more health in the first place..

Edited by (PS4)MyTagForHalo

Sure there is.  The armor buff with War Cry + Rage = energy.  Energy that is used to pop Hysteria and to get back the health just lost.  Which in turn leads back to War Cry + Rage = energy which then leads to Hysteria to well.. you should get the point.  If done right it is an endless cycle of Valkyr pummeling the enemy with her claws. 

Sure there is.  The armor buff with War Cry + Rage = energy.  Energy that is used to pop Hysteria and to get back the health just lost.  Which in turn leads back to War Cry + Rage = energy which then leads to Hysteria to well.. you should get the point.  If done right it is an endless cycle of Valkyr pummeling the enemy with her claws. 

You just need Rage for endless Hysteria.

There's no need for Warcry in that combo at all.

Though i have a feeling if they just reverted to JUST lifesteal, it would make her less useful in T3/ higher leveled missions.

Best case scenario, Melee 2.0 will make melee more viable there.

Worst case scenario, she's still got her guns for that kind of content.

Edited by Brimir

That isnt synergy.. even without warcry i can fill my energy bar up multiple times before i die. And, rage is based off health lost, not damage taken before armor. So, warcry doesn't help.

-snip-

Best case scenario, Melee 2.0 will make melee more viable there.

Worst case scenario, she's still got her guns...

The only place where warcry makes a tremendous difference with its armor.. keeping me from one shotting myself with my ogris. xD

Her bezerker kit is so ineffective that i use her as a TANK. Whose sole purpose is to allow me to survive high damage and allow me to grapple to safe bombing distances.

They need to make it so i can go on melee rampages like intend. Not to be a freaking invincible tank. I would love nothing more to be able to run around with melee 2.0 and effectively kill T3 mobs. 

That isnt synergy.. even without warcry i can fill my energy bar up multiple times before i die. And, rage is based off health lost, not damage taken before armor. So, warcry doesn't help.

It does if the damage coming in is faster than you can react to.  War Cry mitigates enough of it when facing down high level mobs you can actually see what's happening as opposed to spamming "4".  To each their own but it does indeed server a purpose.