The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So About Rhino.

Tennonymous

Rhino is hardly the only frame I see with great frequency.  The frames that stand out population-wise aren't due to how often they show up, but rather for how they don't (Banshee and Ash, for example).

The only place I'd say the Rhino population is out of whack is Nightmare Modes, but that's due to the dual stupidities that are no shield mode and energy drain mode.  With some frames trading off durability for offensive powers, most frames lacking in effective health, and nobody really wanting to have to set up special mod setups for random crap, that that happens is pretty much a no brainer.  The problem there isn't with Rhinos, but rather the mutators themselves.  Replace no shield mode with high damage and energy drain with an efficiency debuff, and the Rhino population in Nightmares would drop to more reasonable levels.  Heck, Nightmares are the only place I use my Rhino, and even then, for the alerts, I tend to go with my Saryn these days.  And even in NM mode, usually the only time you'll see two in a group is if you're one of the two playing him.

Once you get your mods, you're better off with other frames that pack more overall useful abilities for most content.  Doubly so if you don't have the Vanguard helm.  So, sure, he's useful for newer players who don't have the ranked up mods yet, but how often does even a supposedly squishy frame drop in most content?  And how much more damage do those squishier frames typically do than the Rhino?

Iron Skin really isn't a problem.  Sure, it scales a bit off in regards to content, but then, so do a crap ton of other powers.  Powers have three ranks, which make them easy to max, and at that third rank, they overpower most of the content.

That said, Vanguard helmet should be nerfed to a 10% speed boost.

Pretty much, No other frame gets a 25% speed boost, even Frost and Saryn don't and they're arguably the frames with comparative speed. 

Although, it depends on how the Focus mechanics that they're implementing will work, hopefully they'll strip out helmet stats completely and shift the boosts and reductions to focus, allowing players to focus a frame in a particular way, suited to their play style, leaving helmets as a stylistic aspect. I'd prefer that far more, as long as it's actually balanced and doesn't just fall into the same problems as we have now. 

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

Rhino is built to be a tank k? K????

a tank is meant to TAKE DAMAGE

for the love of god dude if you take away the tank's ability its just well -- not even viable

Each Warframe has a specific role in this game

Rhino = Tank

The caster angels (Mag, Ember, Nova) = Damage

Frost = Defense

Loki = Little Adorable Bastard (troll ninja)

Ash = Scary Mofo with issues (ninja ninja)
Sayrn = Lady with many stenches, and pretty deadly

Booben = Traps

Nekros = Farmer john

Volt = the only caster male

Excalibru = Original bad mamma jamma tenno

Nyx = Utility extraordinaire 

Medics = Health and stuff

Zephyr = Air Head

So for the love of pete i implore you to stop as this is very unnecessary. 

I have seen multitudes of rhinos fall from every single type of Grineer/Corpus/Infested enemies you can think of. Especially higher level enemies. Forget about sustained damage against any grineer heavies as they will poof off your skin in one shot, or in heavy gunner's case, a multitude of shots.

Corpus Techies are not that big of a problem but MOA hordes will dissuade you from sustaining all that damage.

Infested - pretty much everyone except the volatile runners, will keep you in fear of loosing your iron skin for fear of being stun locked and beaten, or toxified to death by ancients.

Rhino's Iron Skin is not OP it is exactly what this frame is supposed to do TANK ergo rhino.

*Sip*  Goodday

EDIT: forgot some frames lol

Edited by DeathMavrik

for the love of god dude if you take away the tank's ability its just well -- not even viable

Meanwhile, Roar and Stomp.

Rhino already has high health and shields (and is tied for second highest armor value). Not only that, but if Rhino is meant to be a tank, why does he only have one real "tank" skill?

As any of the remaining sane Tennos out there should know by now, Rhino's Iron Skin is quite absurd, and i'm here to provide you an alternate version of it:

Iron Skin should've it's defensive ''Bubble'' removed completely, having a spammable godmode around can't be too much fun, only leads to overuse of certain frame.

So, instead of having this magical ''Bubble'' absorbing all the sh*t thrown at you, including airplanes,nukes, whatever you find lethal, you could replace it with boost to armor rating. Knockback resistance can be kept imo. Maybe with reduction to movement speed, as he is supposed to be a Tank frame.

Now this is only an suggestion, if you have nothing constructive to share, feel free to flash your sore butt somewhere else.

Rhino is not broken nor is Iron skin. His abilities are all useful but not overpowered. The only reason people complain about rhino because most frames in the game have 1-3 throw away skills that are useless in most situations. Rhino is a utility frame that specializes in Defense. 3 of his skills are used defensively and for the most part they rock. If anything there should be more Frames like Rhino! With Damage 2.0 out some frames are useless against certain factions, which is why there are a lot of Rhino players out there because his skills are used as tools to get the job done instead of skills that do it for you. By this I mean you can take him against any faction and be effective as long as you have the right weapon.The only reasonable suggestion from this, is when Iron skin is in use you have a speed reduction maybe. This was a waste of a post and distraction from the real problems with this game.