The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fun's Over De, Remove Broken Lights Already.

Z3ROWOLFHD

Oh good, they're only sometimes inaccessible and only sometimes ignore LoS. Progress!

Still annoying as hell and cheap. Totally didn't see that coming. Oh wait... 

If you can't shoot them, just get some distance from it - damage-over-time means that the sooner you stop the beam (either by destroying the trap or putting enough distance between you and it), the less damage you take.

Re-read other earlier posts. It's clearly been edited.

Yeah, sorry; must've missed that.

Soo... Can we have the lights deal damage to ALL units in the area, including the Grineer and Infested and Corpus?

Because today, when I was doing the Deadeye alert, I ran out of Life Support and had to run for it. I had 4 rooms to go trough, and everytime I entered the room, ZAP! DEAD! Used a Revive. Got to the next doorway, door opens, ZAP! DEAD!. Used another revive, ran trough the room, door begins to open... ZAP! DEAD! See where this is going? In the end, I had to use all of my 4 revives to get trough the Zapper hell, while they seemed to be perfectly fine ignoring everything else (including the infested running over and past them). I took no damage from Infested, thanks to some acrobatics and skillful dodging. Until these "traps" effect ALL NPC's I will refuse to play the Grineer tileset missions. Another solution I could live with would be disarming them when the life support runs out (vacuum is a very poor conductor so they should not be able to zap anything at all)..

Seriously, this is bullS#&$ and you know it, DE. There is no excuse for having this cheap, unfair "revive tax" trick in the game. Get rid of them or come up with something else that is fair.

Edited by SoanoS

Oh good, they're only sometimes inaccessible and only sometimes ignore LoS. Progress!

Still annoying as hell and cheap. Totally didn't see that coming. Oh wait... 

^ This.

They are still clipping through objects and walls, and they still can zap you behind a wall, outside their los.

Their range is also way too high.

They should be fixed or removed.

Soo... Can we have the lights deal damage to ALL units in the area, including the Grineer and Infested and Corpus?

Because today, when I was doing the Deadeye alert, I ran out of Life Support and had to run for it. I had 4 rooms to go trough, and everytime I entered the room, ZAP! DEAD! Used a Revive. Got to the next doorway, door opens, ZAP! DEAD!. Used another revive, ran trough the room, door begins to open... ZAP! DEAD! See where this is going? In the end, I had to use all of my 4 revives to get trough the Zapper hell, while they seemed to be perfectly fine ignoring everything else (including the infested running over and past them). I took no damage from Infested, thanks to some acrobatics and skillful dodging. Until these "traps" effect ALL NPC's I will refuse to play the Grineer tileset missions. Another solution I could live with would be disarming them when the life support runs out (vacuum is a very poor conductor so they should not be able to zap anything at all)..

Seriously, this is bullS#&$ and you know it, DE. There is no excuse for having this cheap, unfair "revive tax" trick in the game. Get rid of them or come up with something else that is fair.

Maybe it would be a better idea not to run out of life support in the first place? Leave the mission before it hits zero. I always leave when I know I have no life support available around 20% That way your shields won't be so low. And I don't think that no life support means a vacuum; I think it only means a lack of oxygen. The personal life support packs from enemies don't make a bubble of pressurized air.

Edited by R34LM