Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Loadout: What Mods Are Best For Bows?

(PSN)mercenary705

Your going to want damage increase, likely crit chance and dmg, multishot, increased draw speed, and whatever elemental damage combo your after. Depending on what your doing maybe arrow mutation.

edit: oh and thunderbolt mod can be fun.

Edited by RYN0C

Finally claimed a Dread 2 days ago after ignoring it forever lol. It's pretty sweet!

It does a ton of damage from the start, I like these mods on it.

[Lv30 with Catalyst, 2 innate V-Polarities]

-Serration Max

-Thunderbolt Max

-Hammershot Max

-Point Strike 7 (this gets you 100% crit chance)

The other mods are whatever you want, probably elemental and utility. Malignant Force and High Voltage are pretty good for the +Status Chance.

Thunderbolt is awesome, it outright kills mobs and it looks cool! Wish there was a mod to add explosions to other weapons lol.

You don't need multishot on weapons that do insane amounts of damage, unless you're wanting to fight LV200 enemies or whatever. Dealing double lethal damage is a waste of mod space. Take your bow into T3 Survival and see how far you can get, add more damage as needed, like with Vital Sense.

Arrow Mutation is okay, but the innate Punch Through and Thunderbolt usually do a great job at conserving ammo by killing mobs with a lot less arrows. Remember you also have a side arm and melee weapon and skills, I rarely run out of arrows without the AM.

I don't see the need or Speed Trigger, but the Dread does so much damage you can afford to add more "comfort mods".

Serration

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Split Chamber

At least 2 elementals, depending on whoever the hell you're killing.

The other two slots you should choose between the following:

Speed Trigger (highly recommended, makes the bows a lot more practical)

Heavy Caliber (max damage, but of course the accuracy loss, personally don't recommend but if you don't mind it then go for it)

A third elemental (good damage, but diluting your damage types which can be either good or bad)

Bane (slightly less raw damage than third elemental, but doesn't dilute your damage types)

Hammer Shot (slightly less raw damage than Bane, but also doesn't dilute your damage types, and adds a hefty amount of status)

The reason I say to put in 2 elementals is that the 1st elemental will give you more damage vs any of the others in the optional list (including Heavy Caliber), and the 2nd elemental gives more raw damage than all the other options but Heavy Caliber, which slightly outdoes it by ~9.92% but at the heavy cost of accuracy, and once elemental weakness with an elemental combo is factored in, will typically be much less powerful in comparison.

Thunderbolt is fun at lower levels but is pretty much worthless at medium to higher levels. The damage it does is pretty much insignificant. If you really want to use Thunderbolt, then make sure you're using Split Chamber for double the proc chances.

I would not typically recommend arrow mutation, but that is because I would just bring along ammo restores instead.

This is assuming you want to use your bows for something like some long survival or defense runs.

serration - elemental - elemental - speed trigger

split chamber - point strike - vital sense - heavy caliber

if you cant stand heavy caliber accuracy just switch it with hammer shot.

If you have no forma drop heavy caliber and split chamber.

Edited by Davoodoo