The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Rhino Charge And Iron Skin More Engaging And Reactive

LurkenLurker

Hello DE and Players With All the Rhino bashing and i have tried to Come up with a revamp of Rhino Charge and Iron skin. I see people wanting this skill nerfed but instead of nerfing it how about making it more tactical for the player and Encourage more skill full and reactive game play instead of fire and forget. For Rhino Charge who uses this skill in a serious build oh yeah people use it for mobility but not for the dmg or its awkward CC maybe we can make it more engaging and have a bit more utility 

New Rhino Charge:Boost Rhinos Threat Generation by 50% Speed by 15% and stamina By 120% for 15 seconds while sprinting any enemies in the charging path are damaged and knocked down ends when stamina is completely drained.Threat Generation affected by Power Range Speed Boost Affected By Power strength.15 second CD 

With new Rhino charge you have a extra Generate 50% more threat 15% more Sprint speed and 120% stamina passive boost and while sprinting you become a juggernaut basically knocking everything down in your path and doing moderate dmg to them the skill is also a hard taunt to get enemies to aggro on you and off allies cause everything you do will generate 50% more threat. The 15 second CD is applied when the skill end via running out of stamina or letting it end on its own with this skill there's no need for vanguard helm so DE can get rid of it.

New Iron Skin: When your Shields are completely drained break Stun/KD and encase yourself in Iron skin Absorbing All dmg taken shields recharge 25% slower Ends Immediately when shields are recharged.30 sec recharge on ending of skill

New Iron skin is a more reaction based Iron skin its not fire and forget like current Iron skin. It encourages more skilled Reaction game play your shields have to first be drained to use it and the skills recharge kicks in when your shields have fully recharged meaning if your shields go down again Under thirty second you're as good as dead if you cant dodge or find cover you should not have a second get out of jail free card. Any way if i can run around on volt with 1k shields and kick &#! with out having a iron skin on my own so can the rest of you

Any way i hope you read the post i hope you can read it my typing sucks.

Edited by LurkenLurker

Play with charge sure, but leave iron skin alone.  It was already played with several times and the current one is better than the previous versions. Besides if your playing on high enough missions iron skin can get toasted in about 5 seconds even with power strength increased.

Hmmm... interesting ideas. Rhino charge is fine the way it is as far as I can tell, people just don't use it, usually because it is easier to just spam 4. I still think DE should do something about the Vanguard helmet, though. The skin idea is a very unique idea. Players should come up with more like these. This would add synergy between his high shields and his ability, and will make it more viable later on. The way it works is a bit unclear, though. Are you suggesting it as a passive ability with a cooldown? Because that won't happen. Applying it as a durationless buff that needs to be recast once used with the usual 50 energy cost should be fine.

I also think they should make Rhino Stomp duration based. Maybe some tweaks on damage and especially range too.

Play with charge sure, but leave iron skin alone.  It was already played with several times and the current one is better than the previous versions. Besides if your playing on high enough missions iron skin can get toasted in about 5 seconds even with power strength increased.

After giving it much though i finally got over my arrogance and know understand that this game is balanced around lvl 35 to 45 gameplay t3 voids and what not Content that current Iron skin make trivial how many time have you ever had to recast Oron skin in a t3 extermination or MD. Sometimes you can fire and forget its even on and not suffer and sometimes you don't even need iron skin for that lvl of content

New Rhino Charge:Boost Rhinos Threat Generation by 50% Speed by 15% and stamina By 120% for 15 seconds

yet ANOTHER speed buff for rhino? he's fast enough, i'd say the ability to ragdoll tackled targets for 15 seconds alone is good enough... no need for unreasonable buffs

EDIT: didn't read everything, so the above is only true if they leave vanguards speedboost, if they remove helmet stats alltogether your idea is sound, although i think 50% is still pretty overkill... would result in almost 2.0 sprintspeed on rhino prime, a set speed would probably work better (like 1.3-1.6 depending on skill level)

Edited by MortalSin

After giving it much though i finally got over my arrogance and know understand that this game is balanced around lvl 35 to 45 gameplay t3 voids and what not Content that current Iron skin make trivial how many time have you ever had to recast Oron skin in a t3 extermination or MD. Sometimes you can fire and forget its even on and not suffer and sometimes you don't even need iron skin for that lvl of content

he's supposed to be the tank, at least that's what DE stated once... his iron skin is fine, if they ever touch it it needs to scale upwards AND downwards to punish lazy players.

Hmmm... interesting ideas. Rhino charge is fine the way it is as far as I can tell, people just don't use it, usually because it is easier to just spam 4. I still think DE should do something about the Vanguard helmet, though. The skin idea is a very unique idea. Players should come up with more like these. This would add synergy between his high shields and his ability, and will make it more viable later on. The way it works is a bit unclear, though. Are you suggesting it as a passive ability with a cooldown? Because that won't happen. Applying it as a durationless buff that needs to be recast once used with the usual 50 energy cost should be fine.

I also think they should make Rhino Stomp duration based. Maybe some tweaks on damage and especially range too.

Currently you can just fire and forget Iron skin and sometimes you don't even need it for the content the games is balanced around so i made Iron skin Only usable while your shield are completely Drained its not a passive you have to be reactive to use it once own it will break you ut of CC and you're basically Godmode till you shields recharge fully the 30 second CD is to prevent spamming or purposely letting your shield drop to gain this godmode. with this godmod its  viable for lvl80 mobs somewhat

Edited by LurkenLurker

It's the internet. I wouldn't be here if I couldn't read bad writing! 

I definitely like your Charge idea(I've plus 1'd you purely for this alone). But as for Iron Skin it sounds more like you're restricting it greatly purely because a Volt doesn't need it and therefore no one else should need it. Rhino's job is "the tank", and tanks tend to not wait until they're in trouble, they tank from the get go. He is one of our proactive defenders instead of reactive. That's actually more a berserker style tanking. 

Maybe make Iron Skin in to more like Snow Globe brief invulnerability where Rhino Absorbs damage put in, and then that absorbed damage becomes the new Iron Skin limit. 

Still rewards timed usage, but isn't limited to only when Rhino is endanger. He can start a large aggro draw on himself too, giving him great synergy.

It's the internet. I wouldn't be here if I couldn't read bad writing! 

I definitely like your Charge idea(I've plus 1'd you purely for this alone). But as for Iron Skin it sounds more like you're restricting it greatly purely because a Volt doesn't need it and therefore no one else should need it. Rhino's job is "the tank", and tanks tend to not wait until they're in trouble, they tank from the get go. He is one of our proactive defenders instead of reactive. That's actually more a berserker style tanking. 

Maybe make Iron Skin in to more like Snow Globe brief invulnerability where Rhino Absorbs damage put in, and then that absorbed damage becomes the new Iron Skin limit. 

Still rewards timed usage, but isn't limited to only when Rhino is endanger. He can start a large aggro draw on himself too, giving him great synergy.

My iron skin idea is making it how it use to be before its godmode was removed But first your enemies must plow though your first layer of shields. Rhino charge helps with this thanks to the threat generation all mobs will aggro on you this should make your shields drain fast allowing you to cast it and get that godmode the CD is meant to stop shield juggling and makes things less trivial and it will last and be relevant in high lvl content.

Edited by LurkenLurker

Hello DE and Players With All the Rhino bashing and i have tried to Come up with a revamp of Rhino Charge and Iron skin. I see people wanting this skill nerfed but instead of nerfing it how about making it more tactical for the player and Encourage more skill full and reactive game play instead of fire and forget. For Rhino Charge who uses this skill in a serious build oh yeah people use it for mobility but not for the dmg or its awkward CC maybe we can make it more engaging and have a bit more utility 

New Rhino Charge:Boost Rhinos Threat Generation by 50% Speed by 15% and stamina By 120% for 15 seconds while sprinting any enemies in the charging path are damaged and knocked down ends when stamina is completely drained.Threat Generation affected by Power Range Speed Boost Affected By Power strength.15 second CD 

With new Rhino charge you have a extra Generate 50% more threat 15% more Sprint speed and 120% stamina passive boost and while sprinting you become a juggernaut basically knocking everything down in your path and doing moderate dmg to them the skill is also a hard taunt to get enemies to aggro on you and off allies cause everything you do will generate 50% more threat. The 15 second CD is applied when the skill end via running out of stamina or letting it end on its own with this skill there's no need for vanguard helm so DE can get rid of it.

New Iron Skin: When your Shields are completely drained break Stun/KD and encase yourself in Iron skin Absorbing All dmg taken shields recharge 25% slower Ends Immediately when shields are recharged.30 sec recharge on ending of skill

New Iron skin is a more reaction based Iron skin its not fire and forget like current Iron skin. It encourages more skilled Reaction game play your shields have to first be drained to use it and the skills recharge kicks in when your shields have fully recharged meaning if your shields go down again Under thirty second you're as good as dead if you cant dodge or find cover you should not have a second get out of jail free card. Any way if i can run around on volt with 1k shields and kick &#! with out having a iron skin on my own so can the rest of you

In what way is Rhino Charge CC awkward? It is useful for knocking down some foes when there is not enough for a stomp and it saves energy. Your "solution"for Rhino Charge is very exploitable. Plus do you really want a bunch of people just running around randomly? Rhino Charge as it is does it job. It will get you into the action while knocking enemies down giving you a chance for killing them while lying there. If anything they should just increase how long the enemies stay down for...not by a lot, maybe a second or 2...Really a 30 second recharge for Iron Skin? That is ridiculous in Warframe based on it being a fast paced game.

I apologize if I seem brash. I do agree however that Rhino should generate more threat. I also think Iron Skin should work similarly to Frost's new changes to Snow Globe.

In what way is Rhino Charge CC awkward? It is useful for knocking down some foes when there is not enough for a stomp and it saves energy. Your "solution"for Rhino Charge is very exploitable. Plus do you really want a bunch of people just running around randomly? Rhino Charge as it is does it job. It will get you into the action while knocking enemies down giving you a chance for killing them while lying there. If anything they should just increase how long the enemies stay down for...not by a lot, maybe a second or 2...Really a 30 second recharge for Iron Skin? That is ridiculous in Warframe based on it being a fast paced game.

I apologize if I seem brash. I do agree however that Rhino should generate more threat. I also think Iron Skin should work similarly to Frost's new changes to Snow Globe.

Rhino charge is a wast of a mod slot its CC is good but at the same time bad why charge when i can just stomp and CC every thing around me instead of in a straight line. The only thing any one would use rhino charge for is mobility and why wast mod slot for mobility when we have Vanguard. Tell me how is my Rhino charge is Exploitable when i even said with this new charge we can remove the vanguard helm with it. And How do you not have enough energy for a stomp unless your not running fleeting flow or streamline um any way.

My idea for Iron skin came from Aion and its Anti stun skilled called Remove shock  when you get stuned Remove shock  lights up letting you activate it that's reaction based gameplay to keep it from being exploitable they give it a CD 30 seconds. My idea for Iron Skin is when your shields are fully drained you can go Iron skin this breaks enemy stun/CC meaning you can use it even when knocked down and it gives you a 25% shied recharge Debuff and Complete CC/DMG immunity when your shields fully recharge the skill ends so you get a few good seconds of god mode enough to res run to extraction ect.

To keep it from being exploitable i give it the 30 second recharge so people don't purposefully let there shields be drained to  go complete god mode a second third forth or 5th time in a row. This means that you must be mindful of your shields Both order to use iron skin and to avoid its recharge drawback and mange your aggro from Rhino charge accordingly. BTW Have you played Vindictus at all alot of there skills have OVER A 30 SEC recharges and its a way faster paced game then warframe will ever be just saying. Also people already run around randomly in warframe so that's pointless thing to say. 

One last thing this game content is balanced around lvl 30 to 45 people have ben saying. And  i have gone without using iron skin at all on enemies of that lvl even in t3 void content. So atm you can say Iron skin makes things trivial But its also kinda pointless to use Unless your using it to recharge your shield that's the only reason i currently use it.And fire and forget is not very fun or rewarding in a fast pace game just saying.  

Edited by LurkenLurker

he's supposed to be the tank, at least that's what DE stated once... his iron skin is fine, if they ever touch it it needs to scale upwards AND downwards to punish lazy players.

I think it be hard to make somthing scale downwards when you don't even need to use it for the content the games balanced around or even for low lvl content