Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protonus' Ridiculous Questions No. 19: Ammo Use

Freelancer27

I notice that a high level Clan-lab weapon like the Supra spends more ammunition than it can deliver damage towards a group of enemies, along with Phage that uses Shotgun ammunition at a slower pace than most continuous weapons like the Flux Rifle and the Synapse.

I'm wondering, "What if some weapons use less than 1 ammunition in every shot?"

Like having the Supra uses 0.5 rifle ammunition, making a load of 180 shots per clip, or having the Spectra use reduced ammunition consumption to a level that is merely twice as much of the Phage.

Protonus would really like some answers. :3

Rather than messing with fractions, why not just allow the weapon to set the max ammo count?

Max ammo isn't the issue so much as ammo pickups are. Having 1000 max ammo doesn't help when you only pick up the same 20 at a time. Make the ammo pickups scale based on weapon (10 for latron, for example, and 30 or 40 for bullet hoses like supra and gorgon).

Max ammo isn't the issue so much as ammo pickups are. Having 1000 max ammo doesn't help when you only pick up the same 20 at a time. Make the ammo pickups scale based on weapon (10 for latron, for example, and 30 or 40 for bullet hoses like supra and gorgon).

Ah, yeah, that too. The point that I was trying to make wasn't so much about that as the fact that fractions are weird and don't make a ton of sense.

Ah, yeah, that too. The point that I was trying to make wasn't so much about that as the fact that fractions are weird and don't make a ton of sense.

Seems to work okay in TF2; IIRC the Heavies minigun fires 4 bullets per unit of ammo. But it would be much simpler to simply increase ammo pickup for the bullet hoses.

Seems to work okay in TF2; IIRC the Heavies minigun fires 4 bullets per unit of ammo. But it would be much simpler to simply increase ammo pickup for the bullet hos

This idea isn't exactly what I'm trying to pull off here. Since Heavy's Minigun is pretty much sums up the Multi-shot mechanic.

Rather than messing with fractions, why not just allow the weapon to set the max ammo count?

This is actually the problem with weapons with very large ammo pools, or simply weapons that use Rifle ammunition. Having an LMG-type weapon that expends 0.5 Rifle ammunition per shot not only increases the ammunition pool by the multiplication of 2, but also the potential clip size of the weapon.

Supra is one of those weapons that really needs an efficiency buff. I personally don't need the Supra to get a damage buff from 34 to 50 in order to get the super-caliber LMG damage output, but rather increasing the capacity and effective of the ammunition is enough to make the Supra a very viable weapon. I will also mention Dera here, since it is actually a Mastery 4 Clan-laboratory weapon, as this weapon becomes virtually out-dated by Tetra, not because it has weaker accuracy and fires slower, its due to being more efficient than Dera.

"X" ammo mutation.