Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Either Make Missions Soloable Or Give Players An Incentive To Re-Play Missions

Mithie

That's a game design issue, not a player population issue. Most of the systesm have an active defense mission.

Yes. I know. Which is why my original suggestion was for the game to provide some motivation to replay older, non-hotspot missions.

I never said it was a player population issue.

Yes. I know. Which is why my original suggestion was for the game to provide some motivation to replay older, non-hotspot missions.

I never said it was a player population issue.

Those hot spots let you get the stuff you need to solo :|

I can easily solo any of the content on pluto. If sedna didn't have rubedo and alloy plate drops I'd prolly be farming it. It doesn't help that it's boss drops one of the most popular starter frames either.

Edited by Aggh

See, thats why we have a: Search squad section. If you expect that everyone is just waiting for you to play the missions you wanna do, your simply wrong here....

Besides that, new over rare mods will come to make higher levels more interesting

The logic behind your entire part of this discussion is odd and broken. The game isn't built as just a coop game thus why it has a solo option. The devs spoke about this very early on but I take it you weren't around for when they spoke about that.

At the moment the game doesn't balance itself based on the number of players in a level, which it needs to do. There are certain things about WARFRAME that need to be overhauled, so just saying "Find a group to play with" is just you being ignorant to the fact that two thirds of the game modes can actually let you play solo. Many games that are coop have allowed you to play solo and have given you handicaps for playing by yourself.

I myself prefer to play by myself as coop in Warframe is a chaotic mess of people just running around wafting their swords in the air hoping to hit something. You need to look at the bigger picture instead of just accepting what has been given to you. Do you eat an overdone steak when you ask for medium to well? No, you ask the person who gave you it to fix the problem and give you what you asked for.

Edited by NoirProxy

At the moment, if you want to do a mission in anthing behind jupiter, chances are you're out of luck at finding anyone to do it with you.

For example, I've been trying to complete Pallas @ Ceres for the past 6 hours solo, but it doesn't seem to be very doable at all. Worse - it's the only mission that's choking me off from the rest of Ceres, effectively cutting me off from the content. It's very frustrating.

This the same for all of the midlevel - end game missions. They are not soloable and no one is doing them, because there's no incentive to do them again after completing it once. Pluto, for this reason, is completely deserted.

Please, either make the missions more solo-friendly (by, for example, allowing proper stealth play to actually work) or find a reason for people to replay them so people can actually have a chance of finding players.

Add me in game if you wish, and when I'm on, I'll throw on my frost and help ya. It's just harder out there, some frames aren't much good at doing solo, and since Update 7, Health and shields are hard to find upgrades for, so bringing a buddy can help a lot.

more kills = more xp

also can you conferm what you said I don't think it is true

the lvl differculty doesn't change(or change much)

I will randomly get levels on my frame and gear from my squad killing things. Sometimes when in a room with no mobs, so, dunno about faster, but kills from squad do count twards leveling.

Edited by Kasatome

The way I see it, if you intend to solo the higher levels you need to not only consider which weapon/mod loadout you bring, but also which warframe is best suited for the job. You're going solo, no one is going to have your back or share the workload. Solo mode isn't as forgiving as Co-op mode, and requires a certain level of preparedness..

It's just harder out there, some frames aren't much good at doing solo.

Especially true for defense missions. Some frames can solo it due to abilities and weapon/mod choise are less important. Others have to couple their abilities with specific weapon/mod loadouts to be viable.

And to test your claim. Started a random Rescue mission node on the same map (Ceres - Olla) 5 times and had different people pop in 4 times.

I just finished Pallas solo with a Rank 20 Saryn, Rank 30 Braton Vandal (supercharged), Rank 16 Viper, and Rank 15 Fang. It's a sabotage mission... I was assuming it'd be spy and you had a bad pistol or defense and you didn't have a defense-oriented frame.

Also, hate to break it to you but completing Pallas won't magically make the rest of Ceres easymode to open up. Kiste (both branches lead here) was also pain to solo. When did you start playing? When the forum account was created is usually a flawed indicator of in-game time.

Edited by Cakes