The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Blade Storm Balance Idea (Minor Change)

Blue_Bird

First of all excuse any spelling mistakes I could have done please, I'm not an english native.

Intro (you can skip that, not really important) :

So i've been using Ash for a long time, and I realized soon that his main problem is that it is an offensive version of Loki, but it is not worth using, if u want a stealh frame, you will probably use Loki at high leves because has a more useful skills at high levels.

Blade Storm:

- The major problem:

> It has a long duration, which makes it not viable in missions where you have to defend something, because you cant do anything while using it, and it kills its targets too slowly.

- The benefits:

> One of highest damage in final skill.

> You have time to recharge your shields, and then return to your previous position.

> Cool.

- My Suggestion:

> Make the animations killing the enemies happen all at once, so the skill only takes the time of one animation (and even if it is too fast, the time could be lengthen a bit). Also it would no longer let your shields restore, so i think it balances it self a bit too.

I think that my suggestion is pretty affordable, and wouldn't break the game, just make Ash viable at high levels because it would actually be the agressive version of loki, while Loki helps the team with Radial disarm, Ash is fighting alone and killing enemies with Blade Storm.

Also this one could be added, but it might unbalance the game, it just had to be tested i think:

> Make power strength affect the number of targets (this one can be missed, because maybe it would turn the skill too op).

Thank you for reading this post, and critics are welcome I'll be looking forward to read them, just try to give arguments rather than saying i like it, or i don't.

Edited by Blue_Bird

That would be really odd to see a bunch of warframe duplicates spontaneously appear and stab everything in sight.

They are shadow clones. Ok I hate myself for having watched naruto but hat explains a lot :)

Kage bunshin no jutsu

Edited by Cemges

That would be really odd to see a bunch of warframe duplicates spontaneously appear and stab everything in sight.

But there is already a Warframe that shows duplicates when using powers, Nyx's Chaos causes such effects, and to a lesser extent Saryns molt and Lokis decoy.

It's not unheard of in the Warframe universe.

I like this idea. I know I would use it more if it worked like that.

I agree here, i enjoyed Ash he was one of the very first frames i used, but it'd be interesting to see his other powers get reworked as well, changing one isn't quite enough to make me want to focus on Ash again, unless the change was exceptional which wouldn't be completely extraordinary. :)

I would suggest making the animation time the same(killing one enemy after another) but let this be done by a ''shadow'' or whatever, so that the real ash is still able to walk around and kill enemies.

I like this idea too, it'd also be cool if the shadow had unique animations if it was used on certain bosses or special enemy types. Not so much Harvester, G3 or Stalker.