The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron Skin And The Mess I Think It Is On Rhino Prime

Drakenreiter

So I simply don't like how it looks on Rhino Prime. I do however like the overall look of Rhino Prime way more than the normal one. Seeing as people actually like how Iron Skin works on him I'm gonna make a suggestion that will keep everyone happy. Make the golden Iron Skin a rare mod, as in, it has a golden edge and it's a different mod that does the same thing, but makes the skin golden. You get it by building Rhino Prime, meaning players that already have him get the mod instantly. And here is where you allow us to use either the normal Iron Skin mod or the rare one, both on Rhino Prime and on the normal Rhino. I think this is a reasonable compromise if you could even call it a compromise, since it's more like a win-win situation.

Without color correction on (way too prone to oversaturating images into pure blue during ice weather etc) he's just kinda bronze/rusty colored.

I think though the iron skin graphics are inherantly flawed, problem is that rhinos are pretty much using it all the time, and it looks pretty stupid and completely negates all customization you do, the solution is obvious, design the effect into the frame properly, have two variants of the frame one for with and one for without iron skin, what specifically would the difference be? not sure, but perhaps metal armor plates suspended above the frame's general shape in a manner that looks like it's additional armor that has extended from the frame or unfolded etc, basically explain where the armor comes from and how it works, instead of just dipping the frame in quick-set metallic paint.

Without color correction on (way too prone to oversaturating images into pure blue during ice weather etc) he's just kinda bronze/rusty colored.

I think though the iron skin graphics are inherantly flawed, problem is that rhinos are pretty much using it all the time, and it looks pretty stupid and completely negates all customization you do, the solution is obvious, design the effect into the frame properly, have two variants of the frame one for with and one for without iron skin, what specifically would the difference be? not sure, but perhaps metal armor plates suspended above the frame's general shape in a manner that looks like it's additional armor that has extended from the frame or unfolded etc, basically explain where the armor comes from and how it works, instead of just dipping the frame in quick-set metallic paint.

An additional metallic scales "layer" (just add it as a shining overlay, keeping the current color scheme) could work. Not like it'd be hard to do either, since the current iron skin skingroup already has a repeating texture pattern.

Edit:

It also seems like the current pattern is a bumpmap, too, so it would really not be a hard thing to do.

Edited by Nirrti

Normal Rhino should not have any access to gold swag. If it's to be implemented as a mod, that's fine by me, so long as the "rare gold iron skin" is a unique mod that can only be equipped by rhino prime (like glaive mods, and sentinel specific mods)

I had a question about Rhino and didn't think it warranted a thread...sorry if this is a bit "off topic", but lately I've seen a plethora of Rhino/Dread combinations in game lobbies. I was wondering what the synergy is between the frame and weapon that's making it so popular? I'm rather new to this forum, and this question may have been addressed elsewhere. If so, and I've missed it, my apologies. If anyone could answer me here I'd greatly appreciate it though!

Why not think of it more of a shield like effect, and have pulses of energy (color matched) so it would be an intermittent effect but enough to show that it was active? Something like a ring of energy that ripples down from head to toe every few seconds...