Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locked Out Of Training.

MarbleFox

Why? what was the design idea there? play for hours to get the next rank, mess up the test (i must have left the area, or something, I didn't die. Also adding that there was no indicator that there was a limited area. i just suddenly failed the test.)

For a whole 24 hours. which i will be playing another game for.

I was considering buying the grand master package for this, but that 'feature' alone has soured my entire experience with the game.

Edited by MarbleFox

is there a time frame estimate? I can understand the theory behind it ( Space samurai, honour etc) but a full day is far too long. Any idea when they are likely to get round to it? Like i said before, it's a pretty cool game otherwise.

The bar is full, so it stands that while it's full i can't progress to the next rank, so any points i would have gotten are wasted. Maybe if there was a boost to weapon/suit EXP during that cool down i wouldn't be so asspained about it, but as it stands, i'm just losing something (rank xp) to a poorly explained mission. Had it been clear that i needed to remain in the circle of pillars, it would not have been so bad.

It wasn't clear, and i was booted unceremoniously for something that was never explained. maybe if i died during it i could understand the lockout, but i didn't.

It's basically asking you to run about, an empty space like that, and to be punished for doing what it seems to be inviting you to do is wrong.

Some sort of barrier line, anything. game with boundaries (any game) always tell you where it is, and then give some sort of warning as you approach it.

e.g AC4A, there is a map, then it displays where the 'outside' is, and warns you when you get close. Having an 'important' (well anything you can get locked out of) mission with unclear requirements is ridiculous. Again, i like the game, but how did this not come up during the closed beta? surely someone ran into this.

Ah. i'm slighty less irritated now. thanks.

That still leaves the other issue, unclear boundaries in a wide open space. I also think it's the same place as the tutorial, and that didn't say a thing about wandering too far. If that was the case, i'd have been more careful.

I personally don't think there should be a cooldown at all. It didn't bother to tell me it was timed or that there are boundaries. So I'm just there taking my time, trying to get the enemies hiding behind cover, and then BAM! out of time. "Wait...there was a time limit?" I finally saw the timer when it was at 0 and I had already failed. I was too busy actually PLAYING the game to be bothered by the HUD.

You should at least get like 3 tries before it locks you out. That'd be more decent than saying "Oh sorry, we forgot to tell you it's timed and also that the AI likes to run away all the time"

Isnt a boundry but MOBS like to hide behind the pillars and not attack...specifically to abuse the timer... the bigger problem is that its not exactally clear what to do at first, or the timer lockout. The lockout itself is there to superficially lengthen the game...its horrible mechanic and needs to go...just remember to keep checking behind the pillars...

I mean, what was the discussion they had when they implemented that? Which bright spark thought that was a great idea?

Locking players out of content for 24 hours for failing something that was incredibly poorly explained.

Really.

You know what would have been better? If I had lost some points. i could go make those back up, and it would feel like a challenge, rather than just stopping players from ranking up for a full day.

Edited by MarbleFox

For me its even worst : I dont even see anything, just some yellow pillars on some black background :(

I have all items lvl 20 but I cant buy / craft better weapons cause I cant level up :(

Anything at all? that is a major problem. I completed mine today, many headshots fueled by my anger from having to wait a full day, but not seeing anything is an issue.

Saying that, have you taken a look at the brightness/contrast settings? adjusting those could help out (specifically lowering them. This game is quite shiny.)

Why? what was the design idea there? play for hours to get the next rank, mess up the test (i must have left the area, or something, I didn't die. Also adding that there was no indicator that there was a limited area. i just suddenly failed the test.)

For a whole 24 hours. which i will be playing another game for.

I was considering buying the grand master package for this, but that 'feature' alone has soured my entire experience with the game.

Agreed.. Just did the same but my problem was running out of bullets.. and now i cant redo for 24 hrs and will play somthing else and almost ask for my damn money back, .just a stupid mechanic when u pay cash to get stuff u should not get locked out of anything...

One of the most pathetically badly programmed things I ahve ever seen to be honest in any game. You have no idea how many you have to kill, you cant see them until theya re right on top of you, and then they hide behind pillars. I eman I dont mind making things hard but this is crazy, my brightness is set normal and i can barely see anything, right fromt he start of the game in the initial training room, I just turned it off because there was no waypoint or anything. Very poor, as is the fact that you cant bloody hit return in this S#&$ty forum software!

I understand .. Were this frustration comes from is that i played all day to get to rank 2 so i could buy a new Frame and weapons and play with some friends during evning... i did test and failed and BAM 24hr ban... so as i see it its 24hr off xp waste on the new battleframe and 24 hr waste off time if i would have kept playing with the old battleframe... Just logged off and watched series!

Edited by Maxin

I understand .. Were this frustration comes from is that i played all day to get to rank 2 so i could buy a new Frame and weapons and play with some friends during evning... i did test and failed and BAM 24hr ban... so as i see it its 24hr off xp waste on the new battleframe and 24 hr waste off time if i would have kept playing with the old battleframe... Just logged off and watched series!

as i put in an old thread... where this happend to me...

" hey devs...see this wallet? see this money? see this money i was gonna spend on your frames? see it? seeit? OH WELL! "

Basically all this does is frustrait players, stall sales, and rightly &!$$ people off...

Only problem i have is the fact the enemy can get "Stuck" behind pillars. This can cause you to fail the objective. But i like the timer. It gives you a sense of not grinding for hours on end. A day seems just about right (Possible reduction to 20 hours so when you get back on the next day, you can retake it right off the bat.)

I personally don't think there should be a cooldown at all. It didn't bother to tell me it was timed or that there are boundaries. So I'm just there taking my time, trying to get the enemies hiding behind cover, and then BAM! out of time. "Wait...there was a time limit?" I finally saw the timer when it was at 0 and I had already failed. I was too busy actually PLAYING the game to be bothered by the HUD.

You should at least get like 3 tries before it locks you out. That'd be more decent than saying "Oh sorry, we forgot to tell you it's timed and also that the AI likes to run away all the time"

Agreed with no cooldown otherwise it is suggested that a really short period of time

Eg. 10mins