Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resurfacing The Weapon Aura Concept.

Bradpitts

In reference to this thread specifically and many more that I am sure exist somewhere in the wall of ideas:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/169193-weapon-aura-slots/?hl=%2Bweapon+%2Baura

I was reviewing some of the mods I have for the rifles and came across Hush and thought about the idea of having a mod like that be converted to an aura mod for the weapons. I am sure that it would not be utilized unless a game mode was created that required mostly stealth, but at least it might have a chance to making it on the weapon. Ammo Mutations also come to mind for that category. 

I am not entirely for the mod adding points like the frames aura does. A smaller amount would suffice or non at all. I also believe that the slot shouldn't be considered an aura but more of an attachment or something in that terminology ballpark.

In reference to this thread specifically and many more that I am sure exist somewhere in the wall of ideas:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/169193-weapon-aura-slots/?hl=%2Bweapon+%2Baura

I was reviewing some of the mods I have for the rifles and came across Hush and thought about the idea of having a mod like that be converted to an aura mod for the weapons. I am sure that it would not be utilized unless a game mode was created that required mostly stealth, but at least it might have a chance to making it on the weapon. Ammo Mutations also come to mind for that category. 

I am not entirely for the mod adding points like the frames aura does. A smaller amount would suffice or non at all. I also believe that the slot shouldn't be considered an aura but more of an attachment or something in that terminology ballpark.

Yes, a weapon Aura sounds great, that would be a great addition.

But why not have them add points just like the Warframe Auras do? Either an Aura adds points (which I, and I think many players, would be in favor of) or NONE of the Aura's add points.

Unless they rename it all together (like you suggest) but I'd honestly like to get the point buff for my weapons with an Aura just like my Warframe gets points buff from it's Aura.

The main reason I suggest not having the points behave like an aura slot is that many of the weapons perform very well after just a forma or two.

Having game modes like survival and any of the defending types in mind it might promote too much time invested before the enemy levels become high enough for the weapons to keep up. This can obviously be controlled by introducing the option to have the enemies start at a certain level. 

Personally, I enjoy working toward making the weapon better by leveling and adding a forma. Adding points via that slot gives free points that I feel are not needed. The bonus should be in the mod in the "attachment" slot not the points that come along with it. Imo, of course.

Edit:

I was thinking more on a different direction just now. Instead of the slot being for existing mods it would be reserved for consumables that would only be usable for a set amount of time or completed(and or defeated) missions. For example, headshots give 10% more weapon xp for 1 mission/ 30 mins. At the end of 1 mission or 30 mins the mod is removed and destroyed. I couldn't find a topic on this so if you know of one please cite it if you could. Thanks.

Just another variant and idea. 

Edited by Bradpitts