Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Power Buff/chargeable First Ability

SchwarzReiter

So I've been playing around with the Volt a lot lately and found myself thinking that it would be amazing if you could use his first power in two ways,the way it is now as a quick chaining shock and secondly as a  sustained chain lighting if the key was held down. 

Then i got to thinking that almost every Warframe has a first power that lends itself to a secondary fire of sorts such as being able to charge the Embers Fireball for a bigger blast or being able to charge the Frosts Freeze in order to release a AoE freezing mist instead of the single shot blast.

I think that something like this would make using powers more viable at higher levels by making the most cost effect power of most Warframes more useful

Here's what I've thought of so far

Excalibur - Slash Dash would swing back and forth over the same area.

Loki - Multiple Decoys would appear further confusing the enemy.

Mag - Pull would gather multiple enemies together and slam them behind you.

Ember - Larger Fireball with a blasting effect.

Frost - Freezing AoE Mist

Ash - Fan of Shuriken that home in to nearest enemies.

Banshee - Stronger Sonic Boom that throws enemies instead of knocking them over.

Nyx - AoE mind control on multiple targets

Rhino - At the end of Charge Rhino impales an enemy with his melee weapon

Valkyr - Rip Line swings a enemy around doing damage to all surrounding enemies until release.

Nekros - Soul Punch releases a barrage of hits.

Nova - Nova Creates a Null Star shield to defend instead of attack.

Oberon - Smite homes in as opposed to bouncing.

Volt - Sustained Shock would become Chain Lighting.

Saryn - Creates a toxic mist that can infect multiple targets with Venom.

Trinity - Well Of Life become an AoE that make multiple targets in an area give health without becoming immobilized.

Vauban - Creates a larger Tesla that holds more charges and can hit multiple targets at once.

Zephyr - Tailwind would have a higher take off with a larger AoE and when used in the air would hold her in place for a moment while aiming for the next target.

Suggestions would be nice and it would be great if someone could think of changes to make this better.C

I've thought of that similarly. The concept of Channeled (holding the ability down for a greater effect/cost) is good, Chanel and Toggle abilties would make the game much better in my opinion. We currently only use the Channel concept when we are using charge-melee.