Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bigger Bosses!

Vuce

This is a simple one, I would love to see bigger bosses. The quadraped Jackel is a step in the right direction but I would like to see bigger, also the whole Zelder style of that boss where you have to take out the legs first. I love this kind of boss and I would love to see more.

While I do agree that would be a great idea, this isn't Lost Planet or Monster Hunter. The monster size would cause issue to closed in levels, as it is not designed to hold a boss that scale. The location of the boss would have to be rescaled for older closed in maps. In addition, just scaling a boss would be pointless, but scaling a boss with smarter AI similar to Lost Planet would keep the players on their toes (I don't necessarily mean just difficulty alone but a more immersed boss that DOES something other than stand there). Currently the boss fights are dull, as they provide no challenge by standing there shooting at you or moving toward you. The only thing that keeps people from speed running it is the fact that bosses have lots of shield/hp and even then you can probably pistol run it with multi-shot.

Edited by Ambience

well in open spaces its easy to put bigger ones,in closed,well they can be attached to one side of wall/ground/celling.add some tenticles and there goes the fun :)

also it would be better if bigger ones wouldnt be just shot to kill.instead Lotus could provide us some weak spots of that big monster/mech as way to bring it down.

with random weak spots,for once,Lotus would be wery usefull lol

Lotus just drinks her hot chocolate and lets her automated machine do it for her.

Mfr8JH8.png?1?6202

Her "automated machine" ah yeah I know where you're going with this. lol

But back on topic, I kind of had the same thought about the current bosses being place holders. Some of the things that Lotus said before and after killing certain bosses wasn't consistant with the actual boss itself. As if there was suppose to be a different creature. I really hope they do add bigger bosses in open areas. I love the idea that Riskbreaker suggested about bosses being attatched to walls and ceilings. A bit like a Resident Evil boss.

Here's quite a nice example of a fairly big boss that would be nice to see in WF.

While I do agree that would be a great idea, this isn't Lost Planet or Monster Hunter. The monster size would cause issue to closed in levels, as it is not designed to hold a boss that scale. The location of the boss would have to be rescaled for older closed in maps. In addition, just scaling a boss would be pointless, but scaling a boss with smarter AI similar to Lost Planet would keep the players on their toes (I don't necessarily mean just difficulty alone but a more immersed boss that DOES something other than stand there). Currently the boss fights are dull, as they provide no challenge by standing there shooting at you or moving toward you. The only thing that keeps people from speed running it is the fact that bosses have lots of shield/hp and even then you can probably pistol run it with multi-shot.

I would like Monster Hunter style bosses :P Maybe for random alerts...hehe.