Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

100% Knock Down From Enermy?

Overkill.

well i think it just me but the enemy that have 100% KNOCK DOWN/and accuracy with us have zero resistance without putting in mod is little silly i mean we are tenno (master of combat) and we that unsteady on our feet?

so i think have atleast 30-50% resistance as well as build up immunity say if we got knock down for like 3x on a row the chance it land would decrease 50% every time for the duration of say 3-5min? so at least we don't get stun lock.

Oh i have an instance where i flying through the air and a mob maybe ancient just pluck me out of the air and knock me down ... they should be call master of combat...

while i am here the auto correction of overlay mod cant there be a button that stop the pop up screen?

cause i have way too many weapon to go to each and individual to try to correct it when all it take is 1 game to mess it up again.

Edited by Overkill.

There are lots of Mods against Knockdown! Sure Footed, Fortitude, Shock Absorbers, Constitution, Reflex Guard, Resilient Focus, Handspring...

Just equip them!

Besides the fact that most of those mods are rare as... well...too rare, making a mod out of things to fix something is not the answer. Yet, it had been the trend since quite a lot of time. 

I personally don't have an issue with knockdowns because animation-lock=stun immunity and once you "get good" you manage to "counter" all knockdowns. However, there should be a legit way to counter stuns since they're: a. hitscan, b. low cooldown, c. in many, many quantities, d. virtually infinate, e. no innate immunity, f. most of the time unavoidable, g. CC resistance (immunity) is reserved to 3 frames of which only one has decent (read:op) uptime, h. "heat"seeking, i. long lasting, ect. 

Knockdowns are the bane of existance, however, they do make the game harder, but in solo play it makes the game a little on the unplayable side if not using cheese or absurdly tanky frames. Lastly, the knockdown resistance is only 80% for two mods, that's a lot to sacrifice and what it does is that it leaves you in another locked animation which equals a stun but of lower value. Handspring only takes off about less than a second (2.4>1.5) only if timed well. And the others are pretty bad given that you need to be stunned for them to be effective, which defeats the purpose. 

But yeah, as always, the solution is to get pack up your rhino, the golden child of DE. And fear not because he'll never get the nerfbat (because he's on the OP side of balanced but balanced nonetheless) 

Mods, especially non-power-based utility mods, are not a viable answer to some of the issues in the game.  It's because there isn't a equal tradeoff.   When you choose sure footed over a power-based utility mod, you're losing boosted potential on the power in order to stay on your feet.   AT higher levels, this won't do anything for you because this game is mostly based on killing as fast as possible before something kills you.   So staying on your feet is important, but not as important as dishing out the hurt with your powers and weapons.    So in my opinion, utility mods like sure footed aren't for end game builds, they are for novelty builds where you'll play at low to mid levels only or you're a struggling noob with no experience who thinks you need knockdown resistance. 

So in my opinion DE probably thinks this is more of a learn to play issue rather simply because experience teaches you how to avoid the dreaded knockdown.   However, I would disagree that the solution to such an issue is learn to circumvent the mechanics (such as using animation lock of powers to avoid KD).  I think some of the mods we have should simply be innate abilities on frames or certain powers instead.    This is because some frames are totally useless if they get knocked down and yet the only protection they have against it is equipping a mod.  Meanwhile other frames have all kinds of protection against knockdown and even if they didn't, they are still tough enough to survive in a downed state (Rhino, Trinity, Saryn, Ash, Frost just to name a few).

I would rather this game have a quick recovery system like a beat-em-up, now that we're getting Melee 2.0. Press the jump button during a certain timeframe before you hit the ground and your character will catch themselves and do a handspring instead. press a direction (up/down/left/right) and jump when you're on the ground to perform a roll instead of slowly picking yourself back up. When I started playing Phantasy Star Online 2, I saw that one of the first skills you could learn was a just frame recovery to mitigate knockdown. I thought, "Why doesn't Warframe have this?" Barring lag issues, of course.

lol thank for reply XD this just my feed back on sugestion of my long non ending playing what i think is simple inate stat add might be a whole new can of worm.

but yah i think alot of mod should have certain amount in inate stat variable diferent from frame also high enough to be effective but low enough for mod to boost it up to significant amount (we did have to sacrifice a slot after all)

1) Blocking should prevent knockdowns and stuns.  This simple change would make blocking useful and give us a good skill-based mechanism to avoid some irritating and dangerous enemy mechanics. 

2) As someone above said, there should be a quick recovery QTE to reduce the knockdown time when you are hit.

Seriously, I'm a freaking SPACE NINJA.  I shouldn't need to equip a mod to not be a clumsy idiot.