Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Voltage Volt: Loadout Questions

Riddle78

Question

I plan on making a Volt soon. Had a couple pieces kicking around since before J3 got phased out,and I finally got around to researching the last piece recently. However,I felt like being silly. I wanna make it a themed thing. Volt's electrical. So,why not give him nothing but electrical weapons? I'm in a clan,and we have all our research done (small clan,too!). The question is...From my choices,which would be most appropriate?

Primary Arms

-Lanka: Big damage,charge time,projectile. Can be made hitscan with Electric Shield,and given an electrical buff in the process.

-Synapse: Crits,status,and a hose of zap.

Secondary Arms

-Castanas: Thrown,slow as sin,remote detonation. And,seemingly,my only option.

Melee Arms

-Prova: It's a buzz baton. Thwack and zap.

-Lecta: Sounds like something out of a Corpus dominatrix magazine.

The only thing set in stone is the Castanas,since I have no other option,but the rest is a tactical choice. I make it a point to only keep one set of leveling gear,so I can't just go out and get it all. What would you suggest,forumites? Also,I'm gonna need to start farming Forma for this,since this is all Dojo stuff...Aside from T3 Exterminatus,any other decent sources of Forma?

8 answers to this question

Synapse and Prova would be my choice, the Lanka is fun, but... Meg, and the Lecta is really lacking compared to other weapons. As for Forma it is freaking all over. I have enough to build everything.... If I would just craft the stupid things XD

Oooh Oooh you could use non-elec base weapons with elec mods and status chance. I'm currently very amused with a elec proc build on the Latron Prime, very fun against Corpus. Kinda like casting a weak Shock every time you shoot, lol.

http://goo.gl/hTyFIE

Doesn't Volt's barrier give Synapse infinite range? I haven't tried putting a beam weapon through it in a long time. I honestly don't remember, but I sure thought it did.

believe it still does. Like you, haven't tested in a long time.

Edited by Darzk

There's an issue with that Latron Prime suggestion.

The RNG doesn't want me to get the stock. I was trying to get the pieces for it since long before the J3 Golem was removed from the game. Also,I'd rather use a weapon that deals shock damage already. I'm going for a theme,not an optimized build.

According to the wiki,it's tied for highest charge damage for one-handed melee weapons. And since it deals electrical damage out of the box,it's easy to make it deal radioactive,corrosive,or magnetic damage. Without changes,it ruins Corpus robots.