The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Stealth Nerf?

LordMidnightX

Ok so I have mixed feelings about this but I was playing nyx today, (I have not played her in a while) Then when I cast chaos instead of the enemies instantly turning and shooting at each other like they used to they kept shooting at me, and the ones further away kept running right at us. essentially chaos is now more like a radiation proc where if they have a target they will keep shooting at it. Now this might be just a bug resulting from other changes and it doesn't really break Nyx to much but it needs looked at and we need to told about this stuff if it is a real change. 

I haven't had this issue once since I started playing with Nyx a couple days ago. Perhaps you're standing just a little too close? I'm not sure what the issue could be honestly. As long as you are further away than another Chaos'd enemy, they should attack each other rather than you.

lol I have a maxed range nyx build, enemies on the other side of the map keep coming toward me instead of fighting each other. 

AFAIK chaos has always made affected enemies simply target the nearest target to them, be it friend or foe

chaos has always been just that, chaos, not 'enemies all attack one another'

personally i have not noticed a change in its behavior, but maybe it was one of those host/guest bugs (i know several ingame powers/effects are sometimes wonky if you are not the host)

They attack whatever's closest, so if you're still closest they may keep shooting you.  However I think it used to be only amongst themselves but got changed a while back when they were changing some of the AI routines to facilitate stuff like invasion.

That said, I have also noticed behavior where they will sometimes continue running in the direction the were previously before eventually resuming the typical chaos effect.  I think it's probably an issue with lag or one of the various host/guest bugs.

I know for sure I haven't had any problems with nyx last week.

Do your enemies performs that short headache-bendover animation right after casting chaos?

If I had to guess that one sec stun animation makes the AI forget what they were doing, so they look for a new target and thus attack the closest thing: without that animation the enemies would keep their original target (you) until randomly being distracted by something else, which sounds like what you are describing.

I think that they target the first thing in their field of view and not necessarily the closest target.

again have you even read what I said guys on the other side of the map are continuing to run toward the pod instead of chaos kicking in and them attacking each other. this is definitely not the way it used to work.