The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy Siphon Buff

-SLX-J3tAc3

Same with Rejuvenation (damn Bleed Procs).

It's best to just integrate it into all frames by default.

This is what I was thinking too guys. I would have thought the frames would have had these by default, seeing as how they were high-tech - it would seem to be natural that they would include a sort of healing factor and energy recharge into these frames since they're designed for war.

I wear Energy Siphon constantly, since the game currently rewards moving through as many missions as possible, as fast as possible. We need to clear rooms, especially now that enemies hit harder, and everything that helps clear a room takes energy. There is no reason to shoot your gun except to get more energy. Even the most excellent weapons we have don't really help us deal with dozens upon dozens of enemies per room as efficiently as the game demands. At higher level wave defense, everyone needs to keep their powers active or the pod gets stomped.

At high level, when energy starvation sets in and the squad hits 0 power, everyone loses. Craftable Energy Restores shouldn't ever pick up that slack.

Going a little off-topic for a solution, I'd love to see some of the room-clearing taken away from Frame Powers, and added to melee. Waves of knockdown fire, freezing ice, Chaos-inducing Radiation, something more substantial than what we have now. Current melee elemental works at such a short range that I find myself forced to put away that rad Jat Kittag in favor of AoE powers if I want to contribute to a Defense or Extermination mission at all.

How I play the game right now:

In close range: Frame Powers > Melee > Guns

At medium range: Frame Powers > Guns; Use Melee to get close enough for Frame Powers.

At long range: Use Melee to get close enough for Frame Powers.

Most missions don't lend themselves to a sniper role at all. Even if shooting things with the Snipetron Vandal absolutely rules, single-shot just has no place on the team. In Defense, the huge crowds demand something specifically suited for immediate crowd control, like Ogris.

Case in point: To help your squad in most missions, you have to kill everything ASAP, and Frame Powers do it best. Energy Siphon overcomes the lack of natural energy recharge and makes higher-level missions possible. It shouldn't fill that role.

Edited by PneumaticHat