Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More Mandatory Mods For Primary Weapons

nekrojiji

After hearing on the latest stream that they will add for melee weapons another slot that will control the fighting style I started to think: What if the ranged weapons can be moded that way!

This is thought having in mind the people who maxed their serration and other high level mods and their rage if something happens to their mods.

So my idea is for ...now's mandatory mods to be installed in  1, aura like, slot, with 11 fusion levels, as follows:

For rifles

Serration - One bullet per shot; 250% damage bonus and 50% increased accuracy at max level.

Heavy Calliber - One bullet per shot; 400% damage bonus and a 1% armor decrease, stackable, for a 40% increase in recoil at max level.

Split Chamber - Two bullets per shot; 200% damage bonus per bullet, for a 15% increase in recoil at max level. Consumes 2 bullets in one shot.

Hush - One bullet per shot; 200% damage bonus at max level. The rifle is 100% silent for a 20% decrease in accuracy at max level.

For shotguns

Point Blank - One shell per shot;250% damage bonus and 30% less spread at max level.

Vicious Spread - One shell per shot; 400% damage bonus and a 100% stagger effect, for a 40% increase in recoil at max level.

Hell's Chamber - Two shells per shot; 200% damage bonus per shell, for a 15% increase in recoil at max level. Consumes 2 shells in one shot.

For Bows

Strenghtend Limbs - One arrow per shot; 250% damage bonus  and 90% less arching at max level.

Inertial String - One arrow per shot; 400% damage bonus and 30% increase in arrow speed, for a 40% decrease in attack speed at max level.

Twin String - Two arrows per shot; 200% damage bonus per arrow, for a 15% decrease in accuracy at max level. Consumes 2 arrows in one shot.

For Launchers

Rifled Barrel - one projectile per shot, 250% bonus and -90% arching at max level

Heavy Charge - one projectile per shot, 400% bonus damage with +50% arching(-50% atk speed for missle launchers)

Twin Barrel - two projectile per shot, 200% bonus damage per projectile. Consumes 2 ammo per shot.

As you have seen the bonuses are higher than the old mods to counter the next thing:

As it is now .... I would never chose to have just a primary element on a weapons because I can combine it with another one to increase the damage bonus. 

The elemental combos will have the damage bonus equal to the average of all the component "elements".

i.e.

90% electric(stormbringer) + 90% toxic(infected clip) = 90% corrosive

or

150% electric(stormbringer + high voltage) + 60% toxic(malignant force) =  105% corrosive so the values that are averaged are per element not per mod: ((90+60)+60)/2)

The elemental bonus should be capped at 1 per weapon. So, you can chose either a primary element or add another one and make a combo but not more. So no more corrosive + blast or viral + radiation. 

The values are just to give you an idea....

Like this you can chose to build using all the other mods that don't "make the team", right now, without losing potential DPS.

New dynamic combos can be implemented. For example if, on target affected by a corrosive proc, a blast proc happens, along with the aoe knockdown the afected targets receive the corrosive debuff also. The nice part is that this can only be done by using 2 weapons(same guy's primary and secondary or two different guys').

But too much is too much.

Edited by nekrojiji

While i dont agree with every option you give, yes i like the idea that a gun gets more from a worked playstyle then pure damage.

Right now we just run out of slots before we can make the weapon special for us.

Damage, Elements and removing a downside, this takes at least 6 slots on its own.

A few things.

1) The mods you mentioned that would end up adding recoil need to decrease accuracy, due to weapons like the synapse and phage that don't have recoil.

2) Why would Hush increase recoil (or decrease accuracy)?

3) I'm not sure I agree with one element or element combo / weapon.

4) Pistols?

Overall, good ideas, but, if this were put inplace, we would need more mods for the weapons.

A few things.

1) The mods you mentioned that would end up adding recoil need to decrease accuracy, due to weapons like the synapse and phage that don't have recoil.

2) Why would Hush increase recoil (or decrease accuracy)?

3) I'm not sure I agree with one element or element combo / weapon.

4) Pistols?

Overall, good ideas, but, if this were put inplace, we would need more mods for the weapons.

These are good points .... I have forgotten about the no recoil weapons. 

About hush...When you install a silencer on a weapon ... you reduce accuracy.

That's why recoil is not the same thing with accuracy.

The recoil buff can be implemented with a minimum value.

So if recoil value is greater than 0 than increase it with x if not add Y.

Edited by nekrojiji

These are good points .... I have forgotten about the no recoil weapons. 

About hush...When you install a silencer on a weapon ... you reduce accuracy.

That's why recoil is not the same thing with accuracy.

The recoil buff can be implemented with a minimum value.

So if recoil value is greater than 0 than increase it with x if not add Y.

no when you put a "suppressor" on a weapon you reduce its hitting power, accuracy is there there on suppressed weapons. And no to all of what you proposed because there is nothing but drawbacks from every single thing you made up.

Are those base-damage slots intended to work like auras, or are they just unique slots for certain mods? Because if it's the first one, you'll get 22 additional energy points from those - and you'll have hardly any need to put a catalyst or forma on a weapon then, as utility mods need much less energy than damage mods. If it's the second, I'm okay with that - although I don't think silencer mods belong there. Those should remain pure utility.

About allowing only one element / elemental combination per weapon: Sounds like a good idea. But with the current weapon switching times, it might become a major pita. Yes, we have Speed Holster - but is anyone really using that? IMO, it's just another band-aid solution again, instead of just increasing weapons switching speed. 

Are those base-damage slots intended to work like auras, or are they just unique slots for certain mods? Because if it's the first one, you'll get 22 additional energy points from those - and you'll have hardly any need to put a catalyst or forma on a weapon then, as utility mods need much less energy than damage mods. If it's the second, I'm okay with that - although I don't think silencer mods belong there. Those should remain pure utility.

About allowing only one element / elemental combination per weapon: Sounds like a good idea. But with the current weapon switching times, it might become a major pita. Yes, we have Speed Holster - but is anyone really using that? IMO, it's just another band-aid solution again, instead of just increasing weapons switching speed. 

Special slots that can acommodate only one of those mods, that consume energy.

You have a point there with the Speed Holster. The only problem with it now, for me at least, is that it gives only 10 points at max level. If that would be 14(like the others) people would use it more, at least I would change corrosive projection with it.

Edited by nekrojiji

no when you put a "suppressor" on a weapon you reduce its hitting power, accuracy is there there on suppressed weapons. And no to all of what you proposed because there is nothing but drawbacks from every single thing you made up.

Very much of the "accuracy" of a rifle comes from how the bullet leaves the barrel. Suppresors affect how the bullet leaves the barrel ...so you have decreased accuracy.