Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Graviton, The Heavyweight

ZayTM

Just an idea for a Warframe I've been toying with for a few days. Feedback would be great, and anyone willing to provide art is more than welcome to.

Graviton is a heavy, powerful Warframe who brings an arsenal of gravity-based utility and damaging skills that let him control the battlefield around him. While his zone of influence is small, any enemy near him is completely at his mercy.

His first skill is Meteor, at 25 energy cost. Graviton leaps forward a short distance, creating a shockwave comparable to a heavy Grineer's knockdown attack. Though short-ranged compared to other mobility tools, it's ability to clear areas allows him to use it to give allies some breathing room, jump through crowds to downed allies, or reposition for better use of his other abilities. Damage scales with Power, shockwave size scales with Range, jump distance increases with Duration.

Next skill is Event Horizon, at 50 energy cost. Graviton converts a % of all incoming damage into a burning ring around him that deals constant damage to nearby enemies. The damage of the ring scales with the amount of damage he has recieved over the duration. As long as Event Horizon is active, Graviton is immune to knockdowns. EH allows Graviton to fulfill his role as a close-ranged tank and support, letting him wade through enemies, take punishment, and revive fallen allies without fear of death of being knocked out of the animation. Damage reduction scales with Power, duration with Duration, and ring size with Range.

Next is Singularity, at 75 energy cost. Graviton reaches up and pulls space-time towards himself, violently wrenching all enemies in a large area to his feet. It deals no damage of its own, but enemies take damage upon colliding with other enemies or objects. In addition, enemies pulled by Singularity take increased damage from all sources for a few seconds. Singularity has a much larger range than his other abilities and can be used to pull enemies away from allies or to set up his other abilities for maximum effect. However, it does have a noticeable wind-up during which he is vulnerable but immune to knockdowns, and must be used with caution. Impact damage scales with power and the range of the pull with Range.

Graviton's ultimate is Pulsar. With a mighty burst of energy, he sends all nearby enemies flying straight upwards and unleashes a massively damaging gamma ray burst. The burst is a vertical column of destructive energy centered upon himself that stuns all enemies in its area and deals incredibly high damage (among the highest, if not the highest, of any other ultimates). The radius of the column is small, around 5m, but it reaches upwards to the sky. Due to its unique shape and rather small size, it needs to be set up with Singularity to be used to best effectiveness. It's damage in its best-case scenario is devastating, capable of decimating even the most dangerous foes. The damage of the blast scales with Power, the duration of the stun (and thus the time frame over which damage is dealt) increases with duration, and the area scales with Range.

Health: 150

Shields: 100

Armor: 155

Power: 150

Sprint: 0.9

His role in a team can be either supportive or damaging, depending on the mission. He is most at home on survival or defense missions, locking down areas and protecting more vulnerable allies. His ability to effectively wade through areas thick with enemies, including heavy grineer, and incapacitate them with his variety of crowd control options (Meteor for speed, Singularity for range + concentrating enemies to combo with other frames, or Pulsar for damage) lets the other members of his cell use their own talents to the best of their abilities. He is also incredibly durable thanks to his natural bulk and the % damage reduction on Event Horizon, which lets him forget about his own safety so that he can worry about others.

So there he is, my first Warframe concept. I'd love to hear some constructive criticism and feedback!

Edit 1: Added further description, added knockdown immunity and damage amp to Singularity.

Edited by ZayTM

Great concept!

My biggest reservation with this is his ult and it's relationship with Singularity. For most low level play, 175 energy to wipe a room is pretty expensive, and at higher level play the long wind up of Singularity as you described it, combined with the lack of invulnerability mechanic during casting, and then the extra time to cast pulsar just seems like it might leave the frame vulnerable for too long. I'm also concerned that enemies hiding behind cover won't be pulled close enough be Singularity for Pulsar to be effective against them.

Still, I'd like to give this frame a try!

Great concept!

My biggest reservation with this is his ult and it's relationship with Singularity. For most low level play, 175 energy to wipe a room is pretty expensive, and at higher level play the long wind up of Singularity as you described it, combined with the lack of invulnerability mechanic during casting, and then the extra time to cast pulsar just seems like it might leave the frame vulnerable for too long. I'm also concerned that enemies hiding behind cover won't be pulled close enough be Singularity for Pulsar to be effective against them.

Still, I'd like to give this frame a try!

Hm, that's a very good point. I didn't really take the energy costs into perspective when thinking of how they combo together. Ultimately, Pulsar should be tweaked a bit to be a lot more usable on its own, and should you choose to spend the 175 total energy on the combo it should REALLY pay off. That's the cost of almost 2 ultimates, it should really feel like that.

Thanks for the feedback!