The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Dont Think People Realize How Large Melee 2.0 Is.

TurretGunZ

problem is that their is nothing new to "do". Melee 2.0 would help revitalize old content simply by existing. I have got everything RNG has allowed me to get (pretty much everything except hate, and brakk) and that leaves those of us at this point with..... FORUM POSTING WHOOOO!!!! ENDGAME BABY!!!! "ahem" anyway... The decision to not release anything new as far as weapons was a bad imho, as that gave something week to week to look forward too. Just cosmetics or "performance updates" and nerfs don't really bring anything fun or new to the table.

I see people got tired of your S#&$ on the subreddit so you decided to come here and repost this thread. 

[–]TurretGunZ[S] -3 points

4 hours ago

I cant believe how badly most of you missed my point. It feels like many are not taking this seriously or realize how important this is. You all HAVE to stop complaining to DE to rush it out just because your impatient. I post on Reddit because I believe I can get smart people to support this. I guess im horribly wrong.

[–]TurretGunZ[S] 0 points

3 hours ago

You must clearly not be watching the streams seeing how stressed and annoyed Geoff and Steve are reading the chat sweating buckets and working their asses off to not want to disappoint so many. I do that because no one wants to take this seriously. this is A BIG @(*()$ DEAL!

[–]TurretGunZ[S] -2 points

3 hours  ago

Jesus Christ whose the @(*()$ retard who keeps downvoting everything I say!?

---

Guys, this videogame patch is a BIG @(*()$ DEAL

Edited by Charismo

Melee 2.0 will be a massive deal. Bigger than dmg 2.0, imo.

That said.. I hope they learned from the DMG 2.0 implementation to keep it simple. Then they explain the heck out of it before anyone touches it.

Then they keep explaining the heck out of it while people are using it.

One of my biggest issues with the game as of DMG 2.0 was the incredibly lackluster manner in which they explained what they were implementing and then the constant tweaking without making the gamers aware.

DMG 2.0 only works better for the enemies at this point, because any additional damage they do creates challenge. For the player though, it's either lack-luster or unpredictable.

If Melee 2.0 launches in the same fashion, it's going to be ignored as a best case scenario.

If the enemies can do specialty melee too, it might drive players away as a worst case scenario.

Engagement is one thing and Frustration is another. It's obvious that the arching goal of Melee 2.0 is investment and engagement. The potential downside is frustration and that can/has/will drive(n) players away once their threshold for frustration from a game surpasses their engagement in it.

I'm of the firm belief that we are going to get both Engagement and Frustration with Melee 2.0. I'm just hoping it's a bit less of the latter.

Well, Melee 2.0 is a hefty beast.

When you think about it, there's a lot to add, adjust and see done... for example :

• New animations for single, dual, two-handed, exotic and unique weapons which means a lot of mocap and manually animating motion which would normally be too hard to mocap or physically impossible to perform;

• Along with the above, added animations for some enemies who use melee as well as proper reactionary animations to combo moves (if necessary);

• Coding in the actual combo system and adding all the necessary forks in the code so that what's already there is modified/adjusted to work with the new system;

• Adding AI procedures so they can use the combo system (that is, if that's planned; maybe AI enemies will just be able to swing wildly as they are now);

• A rebalancing of most melee weapons while also making necessary adjustments to existing variables (like the timing of attacks adjusting with attack speed mods);

• Changing the current loadout management in mission to be able to switch to a melee weapon and back without it bugging out in various situations and instances (jumping, running, wallrunning);

• A revision of melee weapon stats since they might be used in a different way;

• As they mentionned, coding in new mods which alters how combo moves work while also adding them to the drop tables;

• Internal beta testing and quality control to confirm that what they release actually will hold up 99+% of the time (the 1% of it left for us to discover and report bugs through gameplay)

• Making sure variables like network latency is reduced to a minimum due to the new mechanics needing to be taken into account as well as making sure latency doesn't affect too much the timing-based combo system by itself.

... and a lot more I'm sure I'm missing as well as the high expectations making so they really want something polished/playable/stable before releasing it since it's a complete overhaul of melee.

Edited by Wiegraf