The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Path Of The Sooloonoob

(PSN)azurdragon

This little tenno awoke like so many others in absolute ignorance and yet with an inexplicable penchant for massacre. He knew of others like him and of squads of tenno, but being more ignorant than the rest he thought it wise to get some skill before gimping other squads with his uselessness. And so he turned to the path of the sooloonoob.

And he worked, and practised, and he learned and he built a dojo with all the labs and an obstacle course and all until the day that fine hologram going by the name of "The Lotus" told him of a new plague in town: The Tethra doom!

Like always, the little tenno thought he'd sooloonoob this as well... He was in for a surprise. And he tried the Rhino, and he tried the Nyx, and he tried the Valkyr, armed with the best weapons in his arsenal that had grown quite a bit and he still could not pull it off... Inquisitive as he was, he holed up in his one man dojo and read on how others fared... After a day's reading, he decided for the first time to join his fellow Tenno to placate this irksome plague... He was in for another suprise.

He hooked up a keybord, and set about to join a squad heading to this Tethra doom business... and he waited. After about an hour of listening to the region's comms, he finally made it into a group! What a happy little tenno he was.

But that was short lived as he had joined a squad to the wrong part of the issue. Having been silly he would nevertheless not abandon his fellows to shortman it and so he stuck with it. The moment the first cloned sorry excuse for a creature appeared something terrible happened, his sight turned into a motionblurred lagfested slide show. And if that wasn't enough there were green tentacles obscuring his vision... he could not tell friend from foe if he could tell someone was there at all... he had to spend entire clips spraying at whereabouts of foes (hopefully foes that is - I did catch myself raining lead on a team mate at one time at least) in hope that something would happen despite the fact he would never know.

They made it through to the end successfully somehow, but certainly not thanks to him. If anything his squad had made it IN SPITE of him tagging along like a lost puppy. He was really glad for the outcome but was very ashamed. Thus, he retreated into his dark and silent dojo to lick his wounds. Being very confused he decided to try the easier, Eurasia Interception mission on his own, "what the hell" he thought "the path of the sooloonoob has lead me through everything this solar system had to throw at me so far, how hard can this be?". This was yet another opportunity for Surprise to slap him across the face. After his first failure, he clenched his teeth, sat his behind down and worked out plans on how to be more careful and efficient. And back in he jumped. and he failed yet again. He was not easily deterred and he tried again and failed again and he tried again... and failed... again... and again... and it went on until he was so tired of having his behind handed to him by otherwise puny defective little clones... He sat down on his couch and thought for a good long while before reaching this conclusion:

I can sooloonoob nightmares, and TIIs and some TIIIs and can't make it through a 3-8 mission on the 3rd planet!?!?! I can't run it with a squad due to motionblur vision impairment so what the hell am I supposed to do ?!

In before the interception!

Thank F#$@ for that otherwise I would have never made it past earth thus abandoning this otherwise excellent game.

newcomers I feel for ye

Greetings to all

settings-motion blur off

also you can try running it dx9 if you are running it with 11 not too much of a visual difference. It might of been the host's internet fault, lots of bad hosts out there.

Edited by Tsrintox

This little tenno awoke like so many others in absolute ignorance and yet with an inexplicable penchant for massacre. He knew of others like him and of squads of tenno, but being more ignorant than the rest he thought it wise to get some skill before gimping other squads with his uselessness. And so he turned to the path of the sooloonoob.

And he worked, and practised, and he learned and he built a dojo with all the labs and an obstacle course and all until the day that fine hologram going by the name of "The Lotus" told him of a new plague in town: The Tethra doom!

Like always, the little tenno thought he'd sooloonoob this as well... He was in for a surprise. And he tried the Rhino, and he tried the Nyx, and he tried the Valkyr, armed with the best weapons in his arsenal that had grown quite a bit and he still could not pull it off... Inquisitive as he was, he holed up in his one man dojo and read on how others fared... After a day's reading, he decided for the first time to join his fellow Tenno to placate this irksome plague... He was in for another suprise.

He hooked up a keybord, and set about to join a squad heading to this Tethra doom business... and he waited. After about an hour of listening to the region's comms, he finally made it into a group! What a happy little tenno he was.

But that was short lived as he had joined a squad to the wrong part of the issue. Having been silly he would nevertheless not abandon his fellows to shortman it and so he stuck with it. The moment the first cloned sorry excuse for a creature appeared something terrible happened, his sight turned into a motionblurred lagfested slide show. And if that wasn't enough there were green tentacles obscuring his vision... he could not tell friend from foe if he could tell someone was there at all... he had to spend entire clips spraying at whereabouts of foes (hopefully foes that is - I did catch myself raining lead on a team mate at one time at least) in hope that something would happen despite the fact he would never know.

They made it through to the end successfully somehow, but certainly not thanks to him. If anything his squad had made it IN SPITE of him tagging along like a lost puppy. He was really glad for the outcome but was very ashamed. Thus, he retreated into his dark and silent dojo to lick his wounds. Being very confused he decided to try the easier, Eurasia Interception mission on his own, "what the hell" he thought "the path of the sooloonoob has lead me through everything this solar system had to throw at me so far, how hard can this be?". This was yet another opportunity for Surprise to slap him across the face. After his first failure, he clenched his teeth, sat his behind down and worked out plans on how to be more careful and efficient. And back in he jumped. and he failed yet again. He was not easily deterred and he tried again and failed again and he tried again... and failed... again... and again... and it went on until he was so tired of having his behind handed to him by otherwise puny defective little clones... He sat down on his couch and thought for a good long while before reaching this conclusion:

I can sooloonoob nightmares, and TIIs and some TIIIs and can't make it through a 3-8 mission on the 3rd planet!?!?! I can't run it with a squad due to motionblur vision impairment so what the hell am I supposed to do ?!

In before the interception!

Thank F#$@ for that otherwise I would have never made it past earth thus abandoning this otherwise excellent game.

newcomers I feel for ye

Greetings to all

Are you talking about Eurasia because that one is a PAIN for a majority

Thank you for the tips lads but do take my OP lightly. There are so many things that could be an issue on my side of things (ie from my router to my ISP) that I'm in no hurry to blame anyone else just yet heh.

Aye Eurasia it is Sibarian but I don't think that it's particular to this mission. Although I see Interception mission type as fantastic and quite appropriate for earth for many reasons, it just so happens that at this time I am unable to enjoy it most probably due to hardware reasons way beyond my control.