Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadows Of The Sun (End Game Clan To Prepare For The Badlands,thread Recently Updated! )

Void_Vis_Vires

Shadows of the sun

TL:DR at the bottom of the post.

Hello everyone and welcome to the Shadows of the Sun recruitment thread!

This is a new clan established for the purposes of the upcoming badlands endgame. In short this will be a clan made of veteran players and or players who are very well prepared for end game content. One of the upcoming features that DE has planned for this game is called the badlands.  The badlands are going to introduced player-clan controlled nodes into the star system.  Once acquired by any given clan that clan can set a tax that the rest of the COMMUNITY will have to pay in order to play there.  The advantages of playing in the badlands can be anything from rarer drops to higher level enemies and higher rates of rare resources dropping.  It will be important to make sure these nodes are handles correctly. This is where we come in.

These badlands nodes, once claimed by a clan can be contested by another clan.  This is going to introduce a very significant political aspect to this game.  Very soon being in a clan will mean more than just having access to clan tech weapons and war frames. Soon it will be possible for a clan or a group of clan to have an influence that reverberates throughout the origin system.  

The way these battles over nodes will work is via battle by proxy.  It will not be direct pvp.  Tentatively the plan is that once the tower is built and secured by a clan they can possible have the corrupted fight for them and they may even be able to call in support from one of the in game factions such as the grineer or corpus.

Simply being a part of a large clan will not be as advantageous as it seems to be in the beginning. Clans that are the most organized will start to become more relevant than small or huge clans without dedicated members.  The creation of this clan is an attempt to organize a group of strong players with the desire to have an influence on the origin system in the coming days.  Functionally, we can be anything from a group of Mercenaries fighting mostly for our own benefit and profit to a contracted strike force aiding another, larger or smaller clan during a fight over a contested node.

Currently DE has stated that they intend to initially balance this system by regulating the amount of players that can comprise one alliance(in dev stream 26 they mentioned that the maximum number of players in an alliance would be initially set to 4000).  That is to say that moon clans may be able to make up to 4 alliances whiles ghost and Shadow clans will be able to make many. However this is going to require smaller clans to be organized and willing to work together.  The one thing the moon clans already have at their disposal is numbers. You can bet that the moon clans will have the best initial shot at dominating the Bad Lands.If smaller clans, especially those with very powerful members, join together now we can have a better shot at their being balance amongst the player base when the badlands are released.

Below is a link to dev stream 25 where they talk about all this the relevant bit is from 48:50 to 52:20

Also dev stream 26 has expanded on the badlands system. The relevant part of the video starts at 6:50 this offers a much more comprehensive explanation of the bad lands mechanic and also presents some visuals.

Since this is a clan targeted towards high level players there are some requirements for perspective members.

Some of the requirements for applying are as follows:

Mastery rank of 10 or above (mastery rank of 9 is fine)

Accumulated hours of play time of 350 hours or above (200+ hours is fine)

Dedicated players that play at least once a day or at minimum once every other day.

Willingness to work as a collective and the ability to get along with others

Willingness to donate to the clan dojo

Willingness to support their fellow clan members

*An inactive period of about two or more weeks will result in getting suspended from the clan.  However if there is a reason you need to stop playing for an extended period of time just let me know and this requirement will be completely waved. Also it will always be possible to rejoin the clan as long as there is space available.

*Voice chat is not mandatory however I am open to getting one

*Currently no website but I am again open to having one

This is out clan emblem:

NVrWFNn.png

Current member list:

Ebohcalyps3 – founding member and Warlord (Current title: Corona)

herbalanswer - founding member (title still to be selected)

J4sp - founding member (Current title: Eclipse)

RESERECTTOR- founding member(Current title: Vanguard)

Current alliance

Origin Protectorate

What can we offer:

In clan titles:

Because this is a clan of very skilled, very strong players.  I am aware you don’t need a warlord telling you what to do, the very nature of this clan is that it will consist of undoubtedly competent players. As a result the role of a warlord is only functional. All the initial 10 members of the clan will be on equal ground. 

While it is important for members of the clan to be able/willing to work together and with others.  It is equally important that members of the clan be their own leaders.  As a testament to this philosophy I have rearranged the titles to get rid of the feeling of a hierarchy and establish more of a feeling of a community of leaders.  There are eight in game clan roles, with one being reserved for members in the event that we expand to a Shadow clan.  This leaves 7 possible unique titles for the first 7 members of the clan to join. Below is a list of the current available titles. However feel free to forgo choosing a title or come up with your own!

Current clan titles

Corona (currently reserved for warlord)

Luminance (in use: available)

Flare (currently not in use: available)

Aurora (in use: available)

Shadow (reserved for initiates in the event the clan increases to 30 members)

Photon (in use: available)

Blaze (currently not in use: available)

Glare (currently not in use: available)

Eclipse (in use: J4sp)

Sun spot (lol, currently not in use)

Shine(in use: avaible)

Your idea here: feel free to come up with your own title!

Private rooms:

The first TEN members to join will get their own PRIVATE ROOMS in the clan dojo!

Support:

Despite the requirements on joining stated above, there is wiggle room. If you are at mastery rank 9 that is fine or have 200+ hours that is fine as well. The idea is that we are a clan of very powerful players that are willing to help each other become even stronger.  So as a result if you need another set of rare mods or weapons or whatever we can just give them to you or help you farm them so we can all grow together.

Friends:

As stated before one of the requirements is that you play every day or at least every other day. This coupled with the fact that our clan is small. Means that you will have the opportunity to get to know your fellow clan members and actually make friends with one another.

*The dojo has been started and is almost done with the first wave of important expansions ( i.e research) All four labs are complete and the first projects of each lab have been started

future expansion will include:

dueling room

obstacle course

preparation for continued expansions

private rooms

whatever else we decide on.

HOW TO JOIN

Post your in game name here on the forums and ill send you an invite!

HOW TO FORM ALLIANCE

Send me s private message ON THE FORUMS and we can work out the details.*

(Currently not accepting invitations to other alliances we are currently apart of the Origin Protectorate)

TL:DR:

Shadows of the Sun,

Clan for very strong, dedicated players for the purpose of having influence in the game when the badlands are released. Offering lots of perks.  This will hopefully be the first step in a conglomerate of ghost/shadow clans consisting of very strong players.

Like the sun, together we shall rise.

Edit to add timezone:

I am located on the west-coast of the U.S so I am in the PDT timezone with a UTC offset of -7 hours.

Edited  by Ebohcalyps3

I do not want to be a bummer but end game is a going to take a long time before it hits...

There is already alliances about this (one of which I am a part of) and even the alliance says its a waste of time preparing for it now because we have no idea how it is going to work.

I do not want to be a bummer but end game is a going to take a long time before it hits...

There is already alliances about this (one of which I am a part of) and even the alliance says its a waste of time preparing for it now because we have no idea how it is going to work.

That's alright, ill let the player base think for themselves.  This particular post is not targeted towards (players such as yourself) who are already apart of an alliance so you're not really being a bummer lol.  I am also not too worried about whatever the people in your alliance are currently saying.  There are other things to do in-between now and the time when the end game is implemented, which is why I posted this now.

Very well written and comprehensive,  but you need to include your timezone.  No point me being online ready to go if your in bed asleep on the other side of the world.

Ahh yes you are right, sorry about that and thanks for catching that. I am located in the west-coast U.S in California so that puts me in the PDT timezone with a UTC offset of  -7 hours