Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solution To The Dilemma With Nekros.

Cwierz

So as we know, nekros is welllll.... bad.

Exempting desecrate, his entire kit is very lackluster.

I have brainstormed and stolen  borrowed ideas from other people as well.

Ill start with the biggest changes for you inpatient people.

Desecrate:

------------------

How do you fix Desecrate one my ask?

Desecrate, is now a passive.

Yes, like zephyr and her lower gravity, and frost primes interactions with void traps. 

Enemies killed in however big desecrate (this scales with all of the normal mods, it just doesn't require casting nor have a mod card) radius are automatically affected by desecrate. 

Yes, this means your farmer joe nekros is now one of the most valuable frames in survival, while also being able to contribute!

Terrify:

-----------------

Terrify in my mind the best non desecrate skill he has, but that doesn't exempt it from being sub par. I don't see it particularly often used, but I imagine it needs to do more things then make the enemy run away. 

I personally would like to see this "petrify" enemies.

Literally.

Getting Medusa up in this feminine canine.

Shadows of The Dead:

-----------------

Such a sad skill this is. Such potential squandered. Enemies level they are re-summoned at should be increased by mod level and power strength. This needs more, of what I am not sure.

Soul Punch:

------------------

This ability is a copy of smite, except it is worse. Armor mitigation is hardly worth it. In my mind, enemies killed with this should have their essence added to a list of "Priority souls" that are summoned before regular kills in SoTD. It can also direct the aggro of your SoTD allies to that enemy as well. 

Remove the secondary projectile, and add slight aim compensation. It is terribly unforgiving in the aim department.

If you have any ideas about what could go in place of desecrate be sure to post them. If you disagree with anything explain why. If you agree with anything show support.

If DE reads this topic I hope they consider it.

Nekros isn't bad. He's not an offensive frame like everybody wishes. Desecrate should NOT be a passive ability. I say this because of balance. Zephyr's low-grav is not that much of a hindrance nor benefit to be compared.

People simply don't know how to build nor use nekros properly to best utilize his abilities. He's either support or defense, not extreme offense. The only thing I truly agree with is changing terrify.

As for soul punch and smite in comparison, it's the other way around. Soul punch is more powerful and can be used with enemies in a line and can be modified to have more range to it.

Once again, you really just don't know how to use him properly.

//2cents

Honestly I really like Nekros as he is now. Although you are right on a few things! Desecrate is a pretty powerful skill as it is. I mean earlier today I did a 1h5m run with Nekros, Trinity, Nyx, and Excalibur. Desecrate was working out for pretty well for us. As for SOTD, I don't think its that bad. I mean It does scale with levels so It's like having your own little/big squad. Terrify is kinda crappy later on. I hope that it gets a buff or something because we ended up with a ton of mobs and Terrify couldn't do much against them because of their overwhelming numbers. However, I do agree on you with Soul Punch. It needs a complete overhaul. Soul Punch shouldn't have a cast animation(Freezing you in place for a second) and should have auto aim or the ability to aim it. Perhaps it after hitting one target it searches for another and knocks them down. 

TLDR VERSION

1) Soul Punch; Needs Rework

2) Desecrate; Does what it's suppose to do

3) Terrify; Needs a Buff

4) SOTD; Meh

Nekros isn't bad. He's not an offensive frame like everybody wishes. Desecrate should NOT be a passive ability. I say this because of balance. Zephyr's low-grav is not that much of a hindrance nor benefit to be compared.

People simply don't know how to build nor use nekros properly to best utilize his abilities. He's either support or defense, not extreme offense. The only thing I truly agree with is changing terrify.

As for soul punch and smite in comparison, it's the other way around. Soul punch is more powerful and can be used with enemies in a line and can be modified to have more range to it.

Once again, you really just don't know how to use him properly.

//2cents

>Doesn't know how to use

>Nothing to use cuz his kit is terribad

Desecrate doesn't effect the gameplay. Exempting health orbs, it adds nothing to the actual game that isn't already trivial. I doubt its going to be OP to get more air, or resources whatever have you.

For support, he lacks anything that CC's well (terrify is bad). You have to be selective with what you kill using SoTD, meaning if you are running a SoTD build you are limiting your effective usefulness. SoTD is bad without something to give priority to souls collected. You can't deny this, you would be better off running a nyx or even an exca with radial spam blind.

Soul punch is strictly inferior to smite. Smite at least stuns, for what I have seen with soul punch it no longer does, or never has. To further finish this, it is unwieldy to aim. Imagine if your fire button was your one key instead of M1. How effective do you think that would be?

So what are we left with? Desecrate. That's it. So our only option where we actually are contributing fully is by spamming desecrate. That sounds like terribly engaging gameplay considering you are animation locked in the cast. How to fix that? Make desecrate a passive and get a new power up in that. It is a simple fix, that would go a long way while still keeping what Scott wanted for a "power" and what some nekros players wanted the frame for, while getting more of that good stuff. Its a win win for balance, the players, and the developers.

The amount of people who say

"You just don't know how to use it properly"

Is way to high. There is nothing to use. That argument is flawed from the beginning.

//2chainz 

Edited by Cwierz

1. Soul Punch --> whatever rework is necessary

2. Terrify --> Remove target limit. Replace armor reduction with slow ailment or "Power in Numbers" type of CC.

PiN explanation:

- Enemies who are effected by Terrify will attempt to regroup at a "midpoint" before focus-firing on the Nekros who afflicted them.

- The gain with this is the mass grouping of enemeis, allowing allies/Nekros to use AoE weaponry/abilities to take them all out at once.

- The risk is that all enemies afflicted with Terrify will start and continue their concentrated fire on the responsible Nekros until Terrify wears out, the afflicted are dead, or until Nekros is incapacitated/dead.

It's not the greatest idea, but it's a fun thing to toy with.

3. Desecrate is alright where it is.

4. SotD is alright where it is. With correct modding, it becomes a priceless CC in Survivals.

/2 cents

Edited by MagnusFury

the problem with terrify is that makes the enemies run away, you end chasing scared soldiers all around the battleground.

maybe would work better if the enemies give some life or energy back at nekros, while running away (hey, the guy could benefit himself from other's fears)

as for shadow of the dead, to make it different from nyx, nekros should be able to give some simple orders to his army (to focus the attack on a single enemy, or tell the horde where to go next), or the army should go with him wherever he goes.

for my that is the worst problem with SOTD, if you are not in a defense or a survival, you loose all your army because you need to advance to another location, they should accompany nekros as their master, all the way.

Everybody saying that nekros is good for survival 'cause he grants more air... that's more of the game mode not being well designed than the frame being good. 

I own a nekros and I like desecrate for the extra ammo and health orbs, but a stand alone skill, it's lackluster. His ulti is okay, but the cast time is horrible and the duration even more, for an ultimate that is the less effective version of chaos. Terrify is flat out bad, targets running away is "cool", target limit is dumb, recastability is dumber because of the nature of targets running away; on top of that it's 75 energy... 

He's not such a bad support and his abilities are not dead aweful, it's just that they're packed with these little annoyances like huge cast times, recastability, kill count, low duration, hard modding, ect. I'd much rather have his desecrate and soul punch reworked badly.