The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Dumb New Challenge Mod I Came Up With.

StallordD

The new challenge is called "DARK-Frame." After getting the awesome new skin, I couldn't help but to come up with a stupid set of rules to go with it, and honestly, I think they're kinda fun.

Note: This mode might not be accessible to everyone due to items/money being an issue.

RULES

THE LOADOUT: Most important is the gear you're taking into the mission. You aren't a badass space ninja in this mode, you're an elite soldier man, man. That means bullet weapons only! NO SENTINELS

- The frame: Excalibur of course! Mod him however you like: beefy tank, glass cannon, whatever. One exception however, no shield boosting mods.

- Primary: Braton or MK-1 Braton. The most basic assault rifle in the game is your only friend this time, and you'd better get used to it. No elemental mods (besides impact, puncture, and slash), and no multishot mods. Ever thought you'd consider using a recoil mod seriously? Neither did I.

- Secondary: Lex or Aklex. The most "human" looking sidearm, these bad boys are gonna be saving your life more often than the Braton. Again , no elemental mods besides the physical ones, and no multishot mods EXCEPT for lethal torrent.

- Melee: Glaive. Only glaive. Glaive is love, glaive is life. No elemental mods again except physical types, and no melee channel.

Paint all of these items gray/gritty, and give excal the new skin (if you don't have 150 plat to burn, I GUESS you could use stock excal too). We want to feel like this is a gray shooter remember?

THE SETTINGS: The experience isn't complete without the proper graphical settings!

- First, color correction MUST be on.

- FOV must be as low as it can possibly be.

- No HUD

- No FPS counter (unless you REALLY want to)

- Turn off the in-game music and transmission sound.

Also, this is optional, but play This: https://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=7JLb-5cI1Cc constantly to get in the feel.

THE GAMEPLAY: Now for the meat and potatoes.

- Play any game mode you like, against any faction, but I find survival, defense, and mobile defense to feel a bit out of place.

- When playing, make sure you play like it's a cover based shooter. These alien dudes are freaking scary, and you're just a regular Joe super soldier.

- Take time with your advance, and don't rush in and fight.

- If you're playing alone, the mission level must be at least 15. If you have more than one person in your cell, at least 20.

- No using ANY gear items.

- No revives. When you die, that's it. You can help up other team-mates still.

- If you use your map, you must stand perfectly still. No active guidance suckahs.

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT! DARK-Frame, a game that is only semi-serious in it's design! (but honestly, kinda fun on tough missions)

Edited by StallordD