The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Haven't Played In A Long Time, Need Guidance.

Rydian

Question

So it seems the last time I played was perhaps a day or two after update 8 hit (as I logged in to find a kunai blueprint in my inventory but have no clue on clan stuff).  Seems there's been a lot of changes, and I'm a little lost about some changes and new things.

1a - Some items you could previously get the blueprints for from bosses (like the banshee parts) only seem to come from clan research now.  Am I required to join a clan to be able to get all those other blueprints or can I get them from other players easily through this newfangled trading system?

1b - If I join a clan that has already gained access to some blueprints, will I have access to those blueprints immediately or will I be required to toss in some of my own materials into the research pool to access them?

1c - Are there clans made with the sole purpose of research and sharing blueprints?

2a - Back when I played, most materials were easy enough to collect, with the exceptions of rubedo and alloy plate.  It seemed that every recipe needed hundreds of these, but they only dropped a little bit at a time (compared to other materials).  Is this better now?

2c - I've read about those auto-material-gather things (extractors), have they been around long enough for people to figure out the best use of them or is it just a "plop it on a planet with materials you're lacking, check it every so often" deal?

12 answers to this question

1a - The trading system is restricted to Primes for now. You either need to join a clan or make your own (If you want a challenge) for the "clantech" weapons.

1b - You gain access to those BPs immedately, you only need the credits for the "replication" fee.

1c - The Lone Rangers was created with this express purpose.

2a - It is better, see 2b

2b - You can also build Titan Extractors with BPs from the market that you can deploy on planets and check on every four hours for hands-off resource gathering.

1a - Some items you could previously get the blueprints for from bosses (like the banshee parts) only seem to come from clan research now.  Am I required to join a clan to be able to get all those other blueprints or can I get them from other players easily through this newfangled trading system?

1b - If I join a clan that has already gained access to some blueprints, will I have access to those blueprints immediately or will I be required to toss in some of my own materials into the research pool to access them?

1c - Are there clans made with the sole purpose of research and sharing blueprints?

2a - Back when I played, most materials were easy enough to collect, with the exceptions of rubedo and alloy plate.  It seemed that every recipe needed hundreds of these, but they only dropped a little bit at a time (compared to other materials).  Is this better now?

2c - I've read about those auto-material-gather things (extractors), have they been around long enough for people to figure out the best use of them or is it just a "plop it on a planet with materials you're lacking, check it every so often" deal?

1a: No, you must join a clan.

1b: Sort of. You need to build a clan key.

1c: Sort of. That's one of their main functions. There's also clan based score boards, there's the friendship and comradery, there is the fact they'll help you in events and other such things.

2a: I'm not sure what you mean.

2b doesn't exist

2c: Just put it on the right planet and hope they give you good stuff.

Further info:

1b: The "Clan key" is just an item you craft once to access the clan dojo. It costs absolutely nothing after that.

1c: Here's the Lone Rangers recruitment thread.

2c: You pop them on a planet and they give you, after a complete mining period, a batch of a single resource found on that planet. The resource rarity influences how often you get each, and it is confirmed that they can give rare resources in very rare occasions.

EDIT: And one last thing, I recommend using Titan Extractors, not the Distilling variant as it is widely regarded as worthless right now.

Edited by Guest

1a - You'll need to have access to a clan. Otherwise you are invited to part with platinum in exchange for convenience, and buy them from the market with a slot and Reactor included. No trading these normal Blueprints though. Prime Gear, mods, keys, and platinum only in trading.

1b - You should have access to the blueprints immediately (excluding the build costs for a Clan Key).

1c - Recent Developer Livestreams suggest that clans will be incorporated into some new-fangled end game that involves the building of Ships and Towers, then fighting with other clans over them. Or something.

2a - Rubedo and Allow Plate are easy enough to collect now, but the same issue applies to other rarer materials like Neural Sensors and Orokin Cells. This convenience can also be allieviated through platnum as you can purchase resources from the market. No trading though.

2bc- The warframe wiki, found here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

has excellent information about most of these questions, including extractors.

Welcome back.

My thoughts on your questions.

1a - Although all the bosses do still drop Blueprints for various frames and weapons as well as there being more in the Void and Derelict there are some (Zephyr, Volt & Banshee) and a load of weapons that can only be obtained via clan research.

While you can't trade these with other players there are a few nice guys out there that will allow you to join their clan to purchase them and then leave afterwards... Or even stay if you need a clan and want to stay.

1b - You have access to them immediately.

1c - Don't think of it like that. Clans are made so that you can form a trust and friendship between people you otherwise would not have known. These people will be able to help you when you need help, play with you when you cant find a group, trade with you when you need something badly and help you through events etc.

While you can accomplish all this without a clan you loose out on the trust/friendship factor.

2a - The 2 you mentioned are now easy to collect as well as the other normal mats however there are still some rare materials like Neural Sensors, Neurodes, Oxium and Orokin Cells that are slightly harder to obtain however not to a keyboard through the monitor degree.

2c - No comment on the extractors... Mine keep dieing because I forget to collect them. They arnt really required.

I hope this helped.

Clarifying some of what Megashaft said: some clantech weapons are available for plat on the market. Not all of them though. As for the new-fangled end game, supposedly clans will be able to build towers and charge for access to new parts of the solar system; then clans can form alliances and fight for control of these towers. This is in early planning stages for now.

Clarifying some of what Radmox has said: Your extractors can get randomly damaged when deployed, but are never completely destroyed in a single deployment, so you can always retrieve after a cycle if they're damaged and you won't lose a single one. I haven't.

EDIT: Oh, and there is a new resource called Oxium that is used in several new blueprints. They only drop from a new Corpus unit called the Oxium Osprey, and as soon as you damage those they try to charge you and self-destruct if they get close, yielding no Oxium if they succeed. This means Oxium requires a bit of skill to farm, because you must destroy them before they destroy themselves. The place with the highest Oxium Osprey spawn rates is Kappa.

Edited by Guest

Clarifying some of what Megashaft said: some clantech weapons are available for plat on the market. Not all of them though. As for the new-fangled end game, supposedly clans will be able to build towers and charge for access to new parts of the solar system; then clans can form alliances and fight for control of these towers. This is in early planning stages for now.

Yes, what he said.

Good to know that alloy plate and rubedo are easier, but yeah oxium looks like it may be an issue, especially since it's needed for the distilling extractor.  Is the wiki correct in saying that the enemy that drops it only drops it 1-2 at a time?  And if it's a rarer enemy and the distilling extractor needs 150 of them... ugh.

I've got 500K+ credits so fees for the blueprints and such aren't an issue for now, materials always seemed to be the limit.

About being active in clan activities... I've just never really seen a need for it, at least not yet.  I've gotten multiple warframes and multiple weapons up to rank 30 and I always just hopped into random games (or started my own for others to join) and everything went just fine since Warframe is built to be so cooperative in the first place that it takes active effort to interfere with other players.  However it's obvious now that clans offer a lot more than just grouped players and they're still being developed on.

The Lone Rangers looks like what I need for the short-term, nice and helpful.

Good to know that alloy plate and rubedo are easier, but yeah oxium looks like it may be an issue, especially since it's needed for the distilling extractor.  Is the wiki correct in saying that the enemy that drops it only drops it 1-2 at a time?  And if it's a rarer enemy and the distilling extractor needs 150 of them... ugh.

I've got 500K+ credits so fees for the blueprints and such aren't an issue for now, materials always seemed to be the limit.

About being active in clan activities... I've just never really seen a need for it, at least not yet.  I've gotten multiple warframes and multiple weapons up to rank 30 and I always just hopped into random games (or started my own for others to join) and everything went just fine since Warframe is built to be so cooperative in the first place that it takes active effort to interfere with other players.  However it's obvious now that clans offer a lot more than just grouped players and they're still being developed on.

The Lone Rangers looks like what I need for the short-term, nice and helpful.

Yes, Oxium drops in 1 or 2 units per drop. I don't recommend using the Distilling extractor, it's not really worth that much since it has 8hs mining delay versus the 4hd of the Titan, ridiculous Oxium cost, and the drops are not that good anyway. Save all that Oxium for Zephyr, which is a rather nice and very fun frame.

Also, between replication and crafting fees you'll see those 500K credits fly away fast. Some BPs cost 50k without crafting costs. 

Edited by Guest

Yes, Oxium drops in 1 or 2 units per drop. I don't recommend using the Distilling extractor, it's not really worth that much since it has 8hs mining delay versus the 4hd of the Titan, ridiculous Oxium cost, and the drops are not that good anyway. Save all that Oxium for Zephyr, which is a rather nice and very fun frame.

Also, between replication and crafting fees you'll see those 500K credits fly away fast. Some BPs cost 50k without crafting costs. 

Ohhh, I misread, I thought it was suggested that I just use the oxium-requiring extractor.

It seems easier to grind for credits since there seem to be constant alerts and operations going on nowadays anyways.

Ohhh, I misread, I thought it was suggested that I just use the oxium-requiring extractor.

It seems easier to grind for credits since there seem to be constant alerts and operations going on nowadays anyways.

In a way, it is easier to farm for credits, even without going to the Void. When I'm not building stuff, I can find myself with a million credits. I run bosses for exp and sell the BPs afterwards a lot, though.

Speaking of operations, you might want to catch those that reward Detonite Injectors, Fieldrons or Mutagen Masses, that will save you a lot of time and credits when building the clantech weapons.