Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Weapon Accuracy

Racercowboy

After seeing the changes in the recent patch to range mods affecting sentinel weapons, I though maybe Djinn, with his absurd 60m range, could find a niche in being a sniper sentinel. I was sad to see, however, that every sentinel weapon is completely ineffective even before this range due to their accuracy.

Then it got me thinking, why do all the sentinel weapons have a listed accuracy of 100, when they clearly do not have perfect accuracy? you'll notice that rifles and pistols with an accuracy of 100 will hit dead center with every bullet, every time. Dera, Acrid, and Tysis all have an accuracy of 100, and all their bullets hit dead center.

If the accuracy is not already different, why not make the sentinel weapons have different accuracy ratings? Would give more choices instead of "choose the strongest sentinel weapon", depending on how you build the sentinel.

well I thought the targeting ranges should be based on the weapon equipped, not the sentinel's precept. because now you can put any weapon on the carrier, but it still won't do anything unless the enemies get up close

as for sentinel accuracy, it shouldn't contribute to our accuracy stats, that's my only issue. the weapons may be accurate, but the sweeper only hits about 50% of things, and the stinger is a 0% accuracy weapon (like the flux rifle or ignis. because of the weird projectile, I assume). however, the stinger still contributes to our overall accuracy rating (unlike the flux rifle or ignis). that's my only real issue with it. otherwise, it does hit and kill stuff

I made a thread about this issue a while back, it's more complex than it looks at first. Basically, not only the listed 100 accuracy is not quite right, but they also don't actually aim at their target's body, they aim at a static point. If the target crouches, they almost never hit.

For now, a slightly acceptable band-aid is using the Sweeper.

well I thought the targeting ranges should be based on the weapon equipped, not the sentinel's precept. because now you can put any weapon on the carrier, but it still won't do anything unless the enemies get up close

as for sentinel accuracy, it shouldn't contribute to our accuracy stats, that's my only issue. the weapons may be accurate, but the sweeper only hits about 50% of things, and the stinger is a 0% accuracy weapon (like the flux rifle or ignis. because of the weird projectile, I assume). however, the stinger still contributes to our overall accuracy rating (unlike the flux rifle or ignis). that's my only real issue with it. otherwise, it does hit and kill stuff

Don't know if Sentinel range should be dependent on the weapon. Carrier is already the most used sentinel, it's lack of range is probably one of the main factors for those who do not use it. Give it some range, and you'll probably see all other sentinels disappear from existence. I do agree they should not contribute to our accuracy though, since it's not us shooting.

I made a thread about this issue a while back, it's more complex than it looks at first. Basically, not only the listed 100 accuracy is not quite right, but they also don't actually aim at their target's body, they aim at a static point. If the target crouches, they almost never hit.

For now, a slightly acceptable band-aid is using the Sweeper.

Just read your thread, seems like our poor little companions have more issues D: (Matrix leapers lol).

I use the stinger primarily right now on Wyrm when I don't go lazy mode with Carrier. Even then, it seems like the sentinels are better for their non-firing abilities like Vacuum, Crowd Dispersion, Sanctuary, etc. 

Just read your thread, seems like our poor little companions have more issues D: (Matrix leapers lol).

I use the stinger primarily right now on Wyrm when I don't go lazy mode with Carrier. Even then, it seems like the sentinels are better for their non-firing abilities like Vacuum, Crowd Dispersion, Sanctuary, etc. 

I laughed hard at Matrix Leapers, so true :D

I expect the Sentinel aim issues will be resolved around the time the new "pets" are introduced. I often use them for the utility alone as well, especially Guardian and Vacuum, but since I play Solo there are some missions in which having a support gunner comes in extremely handy. I usually take Djinn with an unranked attack precept for those, if only because I love the shiny fleshy look it has.