The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abilities+Catalyst/reactor

Yami666

Hi guys, as it was stated before the abilities or ultis will not get a buff and with the upcoming endgame content i had an idea to give some love for frames with "weaker" ultis like ash - slow and not that usefull, oberon - at 25 lvl enemies it starts to suck hard, so there could be an option to increase the effect by using catalyst or reactor for that ability to grant additional 25% of dmg,duration etc. The % was just an example.

At this point novas ulti is usefull even in higher lvls later on we are not able to deal really high dmg to activate the "chain destroying reaction, rhinos stomp is fine, lokis radial disarm is usefull too, so i was thinking to give the not that great frames a chance to be more usefull, because in the void you can see rhinos, novas, trinity, frosts etc frames, till this moment i have not seen any guys using ember,mag,oberon,ash and so going on frames because they are "useless" for example in T3 surv.

I would like to know what you think about this idea.

Not sure where you're hearing that abilities or ultimates will not get a buff. Warframes and their abilities have all been tweaked and reworked over time, and that will be a never-ending cycle. Unless you're specifically referring to Focus and what will come (which we also don't have exact details on).

As it is, there are already various corrupted mods that have pretty significant bonuses to power, range, etc. Being able to increase that damage further wouldn't change their viability in 'end-game' high tier survival/defense, because CC of some sort will always be more useful.

Hi guys, as it was stated before the abilities or ultis will not get a buff and with the upcoming endgame content i had an idea to give some love for frames with "weaker" ultis like ash - slow and not that usefull, oberon - at 25 lvl enemies it starts to suck hard, so there could be an option to increase the effect by using catalyst or reactor for that ability to grant additional 25% of dmg,duration etc. The % was just an example.

At this point novas ulti is usefull even in higher lvls later on we are not able to deal really high dmg to activate the "chain destroying reaction, rhinos stomp is fine, lokis radial disarm is usefull too, so i was thinking to give the not that great frames a chance to be more usefull, because in the void you can see rhinos, novas, trinity, frosts etc frames, till this moment i have not seen any guys using ember,mag,oberon,ash and so going on frames because they are "useless" for example in T3 surv.

I would like to know what you think about this idea.

The problem is you are suggesting a universal buff.  That means the powers that are already used will continue to be so, because you haven't really changed anything about why they are used.  Reactors also already boost powers, since they give you more points to boost them (that is where most of the points will tend to go).  Furthermore, many powers are already where they should be... and over it when you factor in Efficiency.  Further general boosts would be bad.

Most of the frames you list have issues, and those would be better addressed by working on the frames directly.

Edited by Axterix13

Ember needs a buff full stop. Her utility, adding armour and a small AOE of fire to herself, was removed entirely, in favour of something that is entirely more situational and essentially pointless, as it only buffs fire damage.

Ember's "utility"  was an exploitable godmode that removed gameplay.  Her newer incarnation rewards you for being good at the game by giving you damage and survivability situationally.  Old Ember was "I never die so I'm a good frame, right?"

Ash's ult is very useful; it tears through high level Grineer that pose a problem for most other frame abilities, makes you invulnerable for a long time (your shield recharges during this time) and allows you to quickly mop up enemies that are out of immediate reach. 

Oberon's 4 has the issue of being half Impact damage.  Impact damage is pretty much the least useful damage type due to shields being not that strong and Corpus having very exploitable weak points (and Toxin damage existing that ignore shields entirely.)  If it was changed to full radiation it would have a niche vs heavy Grineer but as it is now it is a welcome source of health orbs and off-damage. 

Edited by RealPandemonium

• 1 month later...

i feel Embers Overheat was by far a better power than Accelerent, 
perhaps it needed a nerf but still it was a power that could make her a tank for a time,
i find more and more often, i'm not using Accelerent because of its limited specialized Utility, also,....

Ember's "utility"  was an exploitable godmode that removed gameplay.  Her newer incarnation rewards you for being good at the game by giving you damage and survivability situationally.  Old Ember was "I never die so I'm a good frame, right?"

a power shouldn't require you to be good at the game, in order to use it effectively and have fun with it, just saying,

Edited by AndiNaga