Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

elemental damages and other extra damage types.

taiiat

in my experience, elemental damages do not appear to be all that effective, or have much for positives or negatives from each other.

this is including fire, frost, electric, and armor piercing damage types.

the only elemental damage type that i have been able to notice a difference is that shock/electric can sometimes stun enemies.

fire and frost do not seem to do anything at all, i can't even be sure if they deal any more damage.

armor piercing helps increase against armor, but, then it doesn't. like the elementals it has additive damages to the initial damage, but that doesn't make sense for armor piercing, it makes sense for armor piercing to increase the capabilities to damage armored targets.

what i think would make these elements effective, and stand apart from each other, would be if fire damage would burn over time and slowly decrease in damage as the fire goes out, frost would have a chance to freeze and would have a smaller elemental 'burn' and also slow during that time, electric damage would not have an elemental burn but would deal it's shock damage all at once, and would have that chance to stun enemies.

armor piercing, i think, should improve the capability to pierce armored targets. a clanmate mentioned some thoughts on armor piercing ammunition, and i agreed with this statements of - armor piercing ammunition being a rarer mod, increasing damage against armored targets, but also decreasing the base damage of the weapon. this would give AP ammo a good benefit against most enemy types, but also make it less effective against many smaller mobs and unarmored ones.

this provides a better mix for these elemental damages, to make them seem more useful, i think.

-Freeze damage has been updated to do additional damage to shields.

-AP damage ignores a percentage of enemy armor, so it needs some stacking to be effective.

-The DoT tick on Shock damage prevents shield regeneration, but you're right that it's pretty weak. It seems like the status effect tends to jump to nearby enemies though...that might be worth investigating.

-Fire is pretty much useless, yeah.