Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Op (Leader Enemy Nightmares)

SpiderWaifu

RNG decided I wasn't winning this particular Nightmare mission. And boy did was this Nightmare Mission a Nightmare.

The evil RNGesus unleashed it's most powerful creation, it spent a whole year creating this horrible monstrosity.

It combined the two most overpowered things (to me atleast) in this game. An Ice Leader (Massive armor boost to whatever it was) plus a Bombard.

It turned my guns in to nerf guns that had their tips covered in pillows. I saw my dread go from 7k+ dmg to 200 dmg against this horrible thing.

I might as well have not had shields against this thing. One of its heatseeking satanrockets took out 780 shields and about 100hp.

It wasn't fun. I tried to run past it to kill the other enemies in the exterminate mission, hoping I'd be able to find a place I could cheese it from, which is pretty hard given Bombard explosions go through most cover, and I can hardly ever shoot it because Ice shield.

Yes I'm QQ'ing about this. It hurt.

All I'm asking for, maybe tone down how much defense a leader + heavy get?

I would rather fight 5 Phorids than one [Lv45] Ice Bombard Leader.

I always thought an Ice Leader Napalm would be the embodiment of Hell itself, but I guess Bombards are a close contender. I think explosive damage needs to be toned down a bit in general. What's the point of having all these awesome agility skills if we still take 700+ damage plus suffer status even if you're on the periphery of the explosion (or are hiding behind a 5m thick wall)?

Explosives should have a limited amount of puncture and the damage should be reduced the further you are from the epicenter of the blast. Then maybe fighting a level 683 Ultimate Death Globe Bombard Leader Commander will feel like a fight you can actually win by staying mobile but not having to stand on the opposite side of the map.

P.S. Kinda curious if Ice Leader shields are effected by armor like Frost's. If they are, I feel for ya man.

Edited by Paradoxbomb