Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Running..

W4RH3AD

I really.. really.. cannot understand why people would complain about speed running..!

Just now, there was an Invasion mission in Adrastea. The Grineer was offering a yellow potato, while the Corpus was offering 25 000 Creds. It took me a considerable amount of time to decide which one I should help.

Anyway, it was already 25% when I logged in, and I knew how popular that mission would be, and knew it would be finished soon. Immediately, as I joined a mission, I felt a sudden change to the whole pace. A completely better and faster pace that I have never done before.Maybe it was that the enemies were all level 15, so they were easily killed? Or maybe everyone was using OP weapons, killing everyone in a room in a matter of seconds? Or maybe everyone in squad was the same as me, they all knew that they needed to rush if they wanted that potato..?Or maybe it was the jazz music that was playing in the background while I was playing? But, it was completely.. exhilarating.

Soon as the mission start(skipped the cinematic,took too long), we went in guns blazing. Room after room was wiped out in mere seconds, we would be running to the next room, again and again, in an amazingly short time. We would continue running through the whole mission without stopping, there was no rest-stops, we just blazed through like crazy. When I would spray my Dex Furis at a horde of enemy, there would be one or two Corpus left standing, which would be immediately destroyed by my other allies, while I would be sprinting to the next room while reloading. It was a nice little method we had of clearing up the whole room. We would go around spraying, and the person who was lagging behind would do clean up(Of course, that person wouldn't be lagging behind so much. He would catch up while we sprayed.). Even while we spray our guns we would still be going forward, there was no stopping, we just kept going. Faster and faster. As a squad, we just went through the whole mission.We even had the Harvester and Stalker appear, only to get ripped to shreds in a matter of seconds(I got Detron Barrel ;o), We weren't really paying attention to them, they just suddenly appeared infront of us along with the rest of the Corpus forces, and they just got killed, easily.

And just when I thought we were going fast, zorencoptering, sprinting the whole time.  I had a nice idea, I changed to my Volt, which I hadn't used for like.. months? Equipped speed and continuity mods. And this time, it was even FASTER. We were flying all over the place with the Speed on, like a squad of Power Rangers or friggin' Powerpuff Girls with different colours going behind us, just destroying everything in an even faster pace, like wow. It was a totally new experience. Having people who were actually playing as fast as they could along with me, is seriously fun. It was like an indirect challenge among us, motivating us to go faster, and faster.

I don't know, maybe it's because of the fact I'm so used to doing so many survivals, watching slow waves of enemy just lumbering towards us(I still don't have my Rhino Chassis from T3Survivals ;C). But, playing those few missions, going extremely fast totally breathe new life into Warframe for me. I might be playing more Volt now, trying to replicate what happened. In the end, I wasn't even able to get that potato. 4/5. One mission was all I needed. But I'm not even sad or bitter. I'm actually quite elated, and pumped and all that. It doesn't matter that I didn't get that potato, cuz, in the end, it just tells me one thing. I NEED TO GO FASTER.

TL;DR: I played Warframe, going all fast and stuff. And it was fun.

What are your thoughts with 'rushers', or 'rushing through the mission'? Do you think rushing should actually be recommended considering that DE is taking measures to curb rushing? Maybe an entire game mode just for 'rushing' like.. a game mode called 'Blitz' where you have like 3 minutes to finish the mission, and kill as much enemies as you can on your way from Place A to Place B?

not everyone wants to play the game the same way. while its great that you can rush, diversity is the spice of life, and sometimes its good not to force yourself to go max speed, but to go a bit slower and take everything in, the game is expansive and beautiful and is easily missed when zooming past everything. not everyone wants to be forced into the same playstyle.

imo we already have  "rush" gamemodes, the primary one is called capture. followed loosely by sabotage (especially when there is a meltdown)

Yes going fast is really really fun but only if the whole team is participating if you get left in the dust it is rather dull.

Yeah! I totally agree. It was really great of the strangers I was in to be actually trying to go as fast as they could

Considering it was a potato, who wouldn't rush?

I think it was a blue potato.

But I was lucky and found it with 50%(just started), so I had enough time.

Best Moment EVAR

D:<

You sir, won my like. Speed run is the most exhilarating part of this fast-paced space ninja game.

Just reading off your description of your game makes my blood ooze in excitement, reliving all those speed runs i've been in.

Hope to run with you soon.

Never stop getting faster. 

Work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger.

Here's a video from me to you.

[Official Video] Daft Punk - Pentatonix

OP, a blitz gametype would be fantastic. I like that DE is curbing rushing but I see no reason why they should get rid of it completely. In fact, they would do well to encourage rushing in a caoture mission. It really actually makes more sense that you have a small window of time to get in, capture the target, and get out. Kinda makes you feel like a ninja

Rushing Invasions is pretty much the only way to do them. Rush -> M. Prime/Stomp -> Rush -> Repeat.

Those missions are boring, repetitive, and often you need to finish them really fast to even have a chance for a potato.

However there's a different kind of rushing.

The team is killing enemies for exp, gathering resources from barrels, hacking the alert consoles, et cetera. Meanwhile Loki is already at the extraction, writing "Lol slowpokes move your 4ss here loki masterrace warbros #1 we stronk!"

Basically, if the team is OK with rushing, and you can see that they are near you all the time - fine. But when you need to wait at the double doors quite some time, you should know, that there's something wrong. And since it's you who is waiting - it's something wrong with you.

Im all for a rush mission type (maybe even racing conclaves =0),

its more the people who dont play as a team that get the complaints, like theres been quite afew times ive been on tolstoj when one person in the group just rushes to vor, kills them and rushes to extraction before the rest of the group has even got to the boss room,

everytime this happens it could be a new players first ever boss run being stolen from them by someone who could of just soloed the mission easily.

Also, id be happy to see coptering removed (even tho alot of people would hate to see it go) but im betting DE wouldnt remove such a utility without adding a way to get similar results from somthing else when rushing is such a massive part of the game (WTB jumpjets and hover booties).