Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Not-Really-Fanfiction] Beating Rng

tveeggad

To my friends, I am recognised as the live Wikipedia of Warframe. I am that nerd who is always in-game, and have the answer for every question. I am known as all my friends' personal advisor since forever. This also applies to this day.

I got a message under the name of my younger cousin today. He asked a couple of questions like if I had all warframes, if I had maxed them all, what I was trying to acquire at the moment and such. I responded that the only thing I was after was Rhino Prime, since the blueprint only exists in dreams and I have struggled to find it for quite some time (which we all can relate to.)

After a bit further talking he returned to the game, but he later asked me if an exterminate mission in the void was difficult. I said that it depended on what tier the mission was, and to nobody's surprise, it was a T3 he had found with a group of people at a higher level than him. I told him that a T3 currently represents among the hardest mission one could obtain, and kind-heartedly offered him help if he wished to do the mission. He accepted, and so we ventured into the void. 

It was a time since I saw an Excalibur equipped with the MK1-Braton and a Cronus. He had been lucky enough to login this week to acquire the Dex Furis, though. But he reminded myself of me when I was new. Fearless, wouldn't hesitate to take on any challenge, regardless of the obvious outcome. So there stood 2 friends, at Mastery Rank 1 and 15, against 163 of the hardest foes available. He took little time to realise he was defenseless against these enemies, and took great notice to my movement and kept at a safe distance should the need arise to revive. He realised he could merely leave a dent in the opposing force's armor, and watched as my Lanka swept the area, but still contributed to the total damage dealt. He did survive for quite longer than usual, compared to my other new friends. 

As the final enemy was slain, he began moving swiftly to the extraction point. You could tell he was excited, the question is what he was excited about. I, as the "veteran" I am, knew what waited ahead. Disappointment. The moment when one is to realize the run was in vain. But then, the Mastery Rank 1 had little to lose, since it would likely be the first time he acquired whatever we were to get. Yet I started to consider what to tell him what the reward is, what else he needs to do to get the rest of the components for the weapon. I started to realise I were just about to introduce him to the grind.

Extraction was in our line of sight. I knew that now was the time to open the steam overlay and explain everything. I knew that now was the time I possibly could stomp his little spark of will. So I ran up to the extraction point. "Waiting for players." I awaited his arrival and prepared for the signal. Then I realized. The drop table for T3 exterminate is quite promising. He could get parts for Glaive, maybe even for Boltor. There was something good in it for him, at least. 

What we gazed upon in the mission summary, however, was nothing I ever anticipated. What we saw was the Blueprint of Rhino Prime. I thought it was RNG making the best april fools joke ever made, but no. This was not the case. It was there, as virually real as any other item in my inventory. 

It was this day that convinced me that helping my recently awoken Tenno bretheren is the most beautiful thing one can do. 

It was this day that I realised there is a weapon against RNG. 

I will forever be reminded by this day when I wield my Rhino Prime,

because as of today, I can confirm that karma has an impact on RNG.

Go out there and help each other, you gain nothing by being a hallway hero.

~ ~ ~

Cool story, bro.

Just a friendly reminder that you should take care of eachother, and that RNG can show mercy.