The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Physx Causes Game To Instantly Crash.

Zylon101

Hello,

i have lately been upgrading my pc and went from a Radeon HD 6770, to a GeForce GTX770.

So i wanted to use Physx... as i enabled Physx, i can load fine the menu work fine. all until the point where i start or join a game, i have 5 seconds MAX and then the game freezes and comes with an error reporter. i have tried everything, drivers updating, OS updating, reinstalling. and more.(warframe and every other game runs stable at 60 fps, no drops, and 16ms frame time)

however as i turn off physx the game seems to run for about 1 to 2 minutes, and then crashes. i have no idea why i cant play anymore since my new video card i got today because it should be MORE then fine to handle this.

system specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz

RAM: Ballistix 2x4GB DDR3 1600MGz                 (yes i know this is 8GB on a 32 bit OS, im working on it)

VIdeocard: MSI Twinforce GeForce GTX 770

Power supply: Corsair AX860 (860 Watts)

thanks in advance

-Zylon

Saw this thread. First thing the nerd in me says when I see the title is "So turn it off..."

After reading, my only suggestion is to make sure all your drivers are up to date. Also double check to make sure you're running the 32-bit mode. Disabling DirectX 11 if it's active might help as well.

Also. Submit a ticket with those two files I can never remember.

You did completely strip the video drivers right? Use the free version of Driver Fusion - http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion

Also, you may need to uninstall and reinstall PhysX.

Malware. All it's going to do is clog your computer with nonsense and try to get you to purchase it.

Geforce drivers give you the option to install drivers as a clean install, which is what he needs to do.

No, it's not malware. You're talking nonsense about a very useful tool, which has been around for quite a long time.

(Malware Bytes is also "malware" by your logic there)

Clean install does NOT help when you're moving from an ATI card.

Edited by DawnFalcon

Saw this thread. First thing the nerd in me says when I see the title is "So turn it off..."

After reading, my only suggestion is to make sure all your drivers are up to date. Also double check to make sure you're running the 32-bit mode. Disabling DirectX 11 if it's active might help as well.

Also. Submit a ticket with those two files I can never remember.

Hmm, the 64 bit and direct X11 are already greyed out, (automaticly off) i made a clean install of the drivers and removed my old Radeon drivers and programms.

still same problem.

Edited by Zylon101

Try turning off a few settings in the launcher like multithreading

i have tried multithreading on and off, off makes it crash the very first second, and also causes a major frame drop in the main menu. :/

Unfortunately, just removing the drivers with the uninstaller...well, sometimes it works, but as you're having issues...

hmm i shall look at the program u suggested, and i did clean all the drivers as well (not just in control panel) but never hurts to double check

So many bad advice givers, god.

First, validate your drivers are working and that your card supports Phyx functions.

If yes, check to see it crashes if the game is running Directx11. You can change this in the patcher.

If no, get a new graphics card.

If the game still crashes regardless of whether or not you're using Directx11, try turning off phyx to see if it is indeed what's causing the crash.

If the game still crashes, the problem may be related to something else.

If the game doesn't crash, try turning off other graphic settings known to result in crashing - Most famous is the one featuring "interpollation" or something, creates a lot of crashes.

If the game still crashes, chances are your card or settings related to it are at fault. Please investigate your system configuration and try again.

So many bad advice givers, god.

First, validate your drivers are working and that your card supports Phyx functions.

If yes, check to see it crashes if the game is running Directx11. You can change this in the patcher.

If no, get a new graphics card.

If the game still crashes regardless of whether or not you're using Directx11, try turning off phyx to see if it is indeed what's causing the crash.

If the game still crashes, the problem may be related to something else.

If the game doesn't crash, try turning off other graphic settings known to result in crashing - Most famous is the one featuring "interpollation" or something, creates a lot of crashes.

If the game still crashes, chances are your card or settings related to it are at fault. Please investigate your system configuration and try again.

My drivers work and i am able to play any game on my pc,

i cannont run Directx11 since i have a 32 bit OS, and so the 64 bit and Directx11 options in the launcher are greyed out.

if i turn on Physx it works fine untill i start a game/lobby/round, then it crashes within 1 to 5 seconds.

if i turn physx off, it works a bit longer, about 1 minute. (but i want physx cuz i just baught a new video card that should handle it easy)

the other options do not matter (all on low physx on. crash in 1 second)/(all on low phyx off still crashes in 1 minute)

i guess you mean "Runtime Tessallation" with "interpollation", its greyed out. i cannot use it (i guess a Directx11 function only)

My settings are fine and able to run any game stable at 60 fps no problem, the main menu of Warframe works fine, and i can basicly do anything. just i cant really play "the game" thanks for your responce.

Edit: i would like to notice that if i enable physx the game freezes and then quits while if i put it off it will just snap right out of it.

maby some usefull info ;)

~Zylon

Edited by Zylon101

So, i fixed this problem somehow.

(nvidia only)

step 1: go to the "Devicemanager"

step2: click on: Controll for sound,video and games (litteral translation)/the speaker icon

step3:NVIDIA High Definition Audio | Turn this one off

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (wave Extendible) (WDM) | Turn this one off as well

step4: go to c:\programfiles\steam\steamapps\common\warframe\tools\Launcher.exe | Execute this as admin after you reinstalled Warframe

step5: it should now go and redownload the entire game. for me that was 3580MB

step6: in the launcher uncheck the fullscreen option,

Hope this helped because it does for me.
tnx for all the help

edit: it only works for 1 game?, it got back to the crashing part again =.=

sometime i really doubt in my fate that this game would become above 90% stable....

~Zylon

Edited by Zylon101

DirectX 11 doesn't require a 64 bit OS it has 32 & 64 bit components.

so i should be able to download it?

Edit: My pc has DirectX 11 7Tr3W.png

but its greyed out in the launcher options..

7Trbm.png

how come?

ps:

i have seen that if i am able to run the game, the physx effects will work in the beginning.

as i proceed to use physx action (necros soul punch).

these physx effects will stop appearing after a fixed amount of time.

then it can only be seconds before the game crashes.

(i do not know if this is related but just a heads up)

~Zylon

Edited by Zylon101

DX 10, 10.1, 11, 11.1 are integrated into the newer OS's and Micosoft is not porting them to other OS's.

hmm, strange i just formatted my disk and installed my windows again a clean install with NOTHING left..

even usb controller was missing so... yheaaa... took me a damn while (without keyboard and mouse qq)

but now on my pc i have: windows 7 steam, and warframe... and now it works...

i can put directx 11 on, and it doesnt crash anymore... so it was a windows related problem i had.. (2 bad i had to reset my entire pc for this)

well, its fixed. it works now.

tnx for all the help i appreciate it.

have a good day and keep gaming.

~zylon