Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For The Foundry

rockthatwoodx

Hey all. Long time player, first time poster, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I think it's a really good idea:

The foundry should allow multiples of the same item to be crafted at once.

e.g. - Fieldron, Mutagen Mass, Detonite Injectors, Catalysts, etc.

I'm all for doing work and grinding out materials to build new weapons, but for the clan research items it takes far too much time and money to build these things.

Helios: Requires 10 Fieldron.

x10 Fieldron research = 150,000 Cr

x10 Fieldron build = 150,000 Cr (300,000 total now), 120 total hours (if you log on at the correct times)

To me that's pretty nuts. I think either -A. build times should be greatly reduced for research items- or -B. you should be able to craft multiples of the same item at once

This can be implemented into the foundry category "items in progress"; as soon as you start a build on an item it goes there and you can start a build on another of the same item.

Thoughts?

One build at a time limit is encouraging rushing, which uses Platinum. It's all about money, that's sad truth. You lack patience, you need to pay. That's how Warframe works.

Besides, better source of Fieldrons/Mutagens/Detonites are Invasions and Outbrakes.

Edited by Angius

Besides, better source of Fieldrons/Mutagens/Detonites are Invasions and Outbrakes.

You know, i completely forgot about getting those in that manner.

And I understand that the point is to get people to spend plat but I would still like to build multiple Forma or Potatoes at once.

One build at a time limit is encouraging rushing, which uses Platinum. It's all about money, that's sad truth. You lack patience, you need to pay. That's how Warframe works.

Foundry had been designed a long time before Fieldrons/Mutagens/Detonites ever existed, when long built times seemed reasonable and more realistic. Although time is just another currency (thus rushing with Pt is understandable exchange) ultra-fast build times of items like Derelict Keys prove that it isn't all about the money. Foundry is just outdated.

Foundry had been designed a long time before Fieldrons/Mutagens/Detonites ever existed, when long built times seemed reasonable and more realistic. Although time is just another currency (thus rushing with Pt is understandable exchange) ultra-fast build times of items like Derelict Keys prove that it isn't all about the money. Foundry is just outdated.

Agreed. I know the foundry just got tweaked but I think it could use a little more tweaking/updating in terms of build times.

I would have to agree with rock since it is very annoying having to wait 24 hrs for a forma to be done building. DE could at least decrease the construction time to 12 hrs instead of 24. For frames construction time is also very long considering how hard people have to grind to get the components. All in all it is really about getting you to pay plat like xGryphus says which is sad.

the thing i wish about the foundry, well mainly when you buy a blueprint, is that it wouldnt cost more credits to build when you already bought it.

its like paying taxes and getting taxed on everything you do, and credits dont count as money going towards the developer like platinum. i wish they would take the credit cost out of blueprints you actually purchase, not from reward blueprints though.

Agreed. I know the foundry just got tweaked but I think it could use a little more tweaking/updating in terms of build times.

Sadly, tweaking isn't enough when mainframe is flawed.

All in all it is really about getting you to pay plat like xGryphus says which is sad.

Actually I was trying to say something absolutely opposite. I've always felt content with long build times - I find some kind of depth in them but in some cases they prove to be an obstacle. The point is to separate those cases and create a system that can fix it and current foundry just can't handle it properly.

FYI [DE] have one of the most fair payment politics I ever encounter during my many years as a player.

Check SWTOR Subscription Model to see what pulling money out of players really means.

I'm willing to allow a idea that will allow multiple items to be built at once. If that doesn't happen, and this idea was thrown out by someone who had a more decent concept where you can queue your items (If you have enough blueprints or w/e) so it will continue to build as you are away or logged off, automatically store and continue to build the next one, one at a time of course. It will remove the hassle of waiting for the item to be done and manually stored.