The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sharing A Joke

EvilKam

I was at work, when I came up with this gem.  I posted it as a Facebook Status, but I'll share it with you all here.

----------------------------
I'm thinking of taking a vacation to visit Boston Harbor. I hear they throw GREAT tea parties! ...
OH TOO SOON?
My only regret, I didn't think of this on December 16th.
----------------------------

Horrifying isn't it?  My level of pride in that joke is almost beyond description.  MAGNIFICENT!

Edited by EvilKam

See, I love the "OH, Too Soon" because it subverts the norm of jokes referencing a recent event, and treating a 230ish* year old event as though it were close enough to still be a sore topic adds a level of absurdism that delights me.

Also, if you're not educated about the history of the United States of America and the war we declared against the Crown of Britain, you'll be hopelessly lost, which alienates people, and that makes it funnier to me.

So basically, I'm cruel to people who refused to pay attention to school, and hate documentaries, PBS, and History Channel.

* My pencil tells me that it's 241 years.  Nearing on 2 and a half centennials.

Oh, Final Edit:  If you are NOT an American, you have no need to understand this joke, it's not YOUR history I'm referencing, so if you get it at all, congratulations.  

If you ARE an American who hasn't heard of the Boston Tea Party, my opinion of you is lowered.

Edited by EvilKam