The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mabinogi

mesmerrow

Now that the competition is over i would like to tell you all about Mabinogi.

Mabinogi's true nature and game-play have been misidentified many times over and over, some call it a Asian mmo some says its a generic anime inspired mmo, (like the hundreds of other anime based mmo's out there) and some automatically label it as "bad" (only because they hate the distributor of the game)

Mabinogi is in short terms a semi turn based real-time mmorpg.

The game is set in a Irish mythology medieval fantasy world, with swords, blunt weapons, axes, bows and arrows, magic and many many more weapons, and equipment like the thousands of cloth and armor you can color and combine, not only does it make almost every character unique it also allows each person to find his or her perfect set from hats to boots, and even accessory like rings, pendants, brooches and many more, as the games weapons and cloth have no level requirement you can wear and use every piece of cloth, armor and weapon or tool.

So here is where the "semi-turn based real time" comes in, almost every action in Mabinogi requires a "skill" there is different skills all in categories like combat, magic, alchemy, dual guns, music, life and many more, under these categories are the skills each one performing a different move to attack, counter attack, elemental magic like ice, and fire and there is also non combat skills like cooking, playing music, composing music, mining and many more.

The game is story driven with quests that slowly explains the current and previous state of the Mabinogi world, The game also offers side-quests giving you a break from the harder story line quests, quests of course gives rewards to gain the upper hand in the next hard quests to come, while some quests might be hard you can join a guild or ask for help by creating or joining parties to enter the dungeon or eliminate the enemies with a more capable team mate or a group at your own level, making some quests easier then doing alone. (note: not all quests can be done in a party and some require you to do it or finish it alone.)

The Mabinogi world consists primarily of a huge over-world and tons of dungeons, the over-world enemies are in most cases easier to defeat but grants less reward upon being defeated, while the dungeon enemies are in most cases stronger and in greater numbers but also drops better rewards in most cases, the dungeons also have bosses these are of course much stronger and gives a decent reward depending on your total level.

There is no level cap in Mabinogi as you can rebirth every time your character reaches the age of 20, (if your below total level 100 you can rebirth every 24 hours.) re-birthing means that you can chose to become younger again or change your hair style, skin color and similar, taking you back to level 0 but checking your character info reveals that your previous levels has now been converted into total levels, stats, equipment, weapons, bag items, pets and everything on your character will stay almost the same after re-birthing.

Against what many non Mabinogi players believe, this is actually a game where the community has a voice and can suggest in-game changes and similar, where bugs are fixed, events comes and goes both old and new, weekly maintenance fixes and adds updated content, and where most people are helpful in the forums.

And no this game is not pay to win, there is no easy shortcut, you can buy pets for faster transportation and light combat, and potions for max hp, faster exp gain and similar small stuff, but non of it are ever required to win or finish the game, it just gives a small limited boost.

Want to try out Mabinogi ?

both NA and EU players are welcome to the fantasy life of Mabinogi.

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/

all nexon games are pay to win try not to lie. There is a literal stat wall you can't pass unless you pay. Also this forum is not for other game advertisement.

As a 5+ year nexon player I can tell you that your statement is wrong for Vindictus, Dragons Nest, Combat Arms, and Mabinogi.  Maplestory I don't know nor do I care about.  I must add that the community of Mabinogi is one of the best and most expansive that I've seen, definitely one of Mabinogi's strong points as a social game.

And no, with the mmobomb competition and the sort of relevance that Mabinogi has to Warframe because of the vote, a thread like this should have been made earlier not as an advertisement but to help foster educated votes.

Edited by DalaiLlama

Well, I said before that Mabinogi doesn't seem like my kind of game.

But given recent developments, I'd much rather lurk in the Mabi community than here.  Maybe I'll force myself to try the game and see if the initial impression I made from youtube videos was right or not.

The thing is that mabinogis style, combat and story do not appeal at all to me. Its not even interesting, I wont even try. Warframe is my big MMO-love <3

Dont take me for a total &#036;&amp;*^, but I had my experiences with all genres of games and I know myself good enough to know that I wont have a good time with this game.

Edited by Genoscythe

As a 5+ year nexon player I can tell you that your statement is wrong for Vindictus, Dragons Nest, Combat Arms, and Mabinogi.  Maplestory I don't know nor do I care about.  I must add that the community of Mabinogi is one of the best and most expansive that I've seen, definitely one of Mabinogi's strong points as a social game.

And no, with the mmobomb competition and the sort of relevance that Mabinogi has to Warframe because of the vote, a thread like this should have been made earlier not as an advertisement but to help foster educated votes.

Then you are obviously blind vindictus requires high enchantment weapons and armor or you will get kicked from most high level content. In order to get these stats you need cash shop items only. dragons nest is a joke not even going to go there. combat arms you rent fricken weapons any person who throw money at it can get a better gun then any free player.

all nexon games are pay to win try not to lie. There is a literal stat wall you can't pass unless you pay. Also this forum is not for other game advertisement.

Yeah you keep believing what you want, my 5+ years of playing Mabinogi and 8+ year on nexon games is nothing right ? i know nada...hey i am probably lying and getting paid hundreds of dollars this very moment.

So you admit it

Yeah you keep believing what you want, my 5+ years of playing Mabinogi and 8+ year on nexon games is nothing right ? i know nada...hey i am probably lying and getting paid hundreds of dollars this very moment.

The thing is that mabinogis style, combat and story do not appeal at all to me. Its not even interesting, I wont even try. Warframe is my big MMO-love <3

Dont take me for a total &#036;&amp;*^, but I had my experiences with all genres of games and I know myself good enough to know that I wont have a good time with this game.

I will never take anyone for a **** except if they deserve it or act like it.

Then you are obviously blind vindictus requires high enchantment weapons and armor or you will get kicked from most high level content. In order to get these stats you need cash shop items only. dragons nest is a joke not even going to go there. combat arms you rent fricken weapons any person who throw money at it can get a better gun then any free player.

Claiming "obvious" on someone else nor using proper punctuation/capitalization to make your response readable gives me little incentive to acknowledge your reasoning.  However, try I will.

There is no money wall in Vindictus; those with the resources can enhance their weapons all they want those who know how to get in-game gold.  Yes, you will be kicked from high-level content, but I stress only the highest level content, which produces high-value drops that usually drop at an extremely low probability anyway.  Yes, RNGeesus rules that game with an iron fist but there is no money wall, only luck.

The only item I ever needed to get strong in Dragon's Nest was a skill-reset capsule because skill-points in that game are fixed and I messed up my skill build; however, take note that this was my first character and that I had the new-found knowledge afterwards to look online to look at job guides and skill build guides prior to assigning my limited skill point pool.  If you're not going to go there and explain your point, do not waste your time to mention it, my time to disprove it, nor the reader's time to glance over it.

Combat Arms is not the only game to use the rental system; APB reloaded follows this same system and is quite popular, for all of its controversy.  Yes, both games allow people to buy permanent guns with real money but the way the guns are designed, all guns have strengths and weaknesses and very few guns have pros that outweigh the cons, such examples have been classified as balancing issues and have been dealt with.  If used well, even the starter weapons from both games have proven quite formidable.  Money is not required.

I also didn't see you mention Mabinogi in there for all the criticism you claim.

Edited by DalaiLlama

On a side note I would really like to know how much money you threw at the game in that time.

as i said earlier the game does not require you to pay anything, in fact you are given 2 pets for free at the start of the game, and are given free cash shop items during events, there is a event right now that gives the vip package for free.

I will try not to laugh too hard.

I have only tried Dragon Nest and Vindictus. I have no clue about the rest. And I have to say that IT IS pay to win. To the core.

I stopped playing Vindictus since I can't play with people. I get kicked of every match for not meeting the damage and defense requirements that you pretty much can only achieve by spending a lot of money on upgrading your gear. I could solo most things, but once it came to big bosses on the raids or hero mode, I would need help, and I would not get it.

I must say I loved Dragon Nest due to it funny nature. Unfortunately I did not get far enough, but that's me getting bored of being alone since the people I played with left. I did not get far enough to know if it was P2W or not, but being Nexon, it probably is. 

The games themselves are great, the company that handles them just threw the games to the ground, stomped on them, spitted on them and left them there.

I am not going to lie. I am still interested in both games and even in Mabinogi, mainly due to the story they might present (lore lover here). However, I am actively avoiding Nexon as much as possible. Although from time to time I check Vindictus for some interesting update.

I have only tried Dragon Nest and Vindictus. I have no clue about the rest. And I have to say that IT IS pay to win. To the core.

I stopped playing Vindictus since I can't play with people. I get kicked of every match for not meeting the damage and defense requirements that you pretty much can only achieve by spending a lot of money on upgrading your gear. I could solo most things, but once it came to big bosses on the raids or hero mode, I would need help, and I would not get it.

I must say I loved Dragon Nest due to it funny nature. Unfortunately I did not get far enough, but that's me getting bored of being alone since the people I played with left. I did not get far enough to know if it was P2W or not, but being Nexon, it probably is. 

The games themselves are great, the company that handles them just threw the games to the ground, stomped on them, spitted on them and left them there.

I am not going to lie. I am still interested in both games and even in Mabinogi, mainly due to the story they might present (lore lover here). However, I am actively avoiding Nexon as much as possible. Although from time to time I check Vindictus for some interesting update.

This guy has the power of words I fully agree with it.

Hm... I can see the pay to win in Vindictus but again I stress that it is not necessary; I have known many people who have discovered ways to efficiently farm the money it takes to reach endgame level in a reasonable amount of time.  Also, perhaps you were simply unlucky, but the only kicks I ever faced happened at the absolute highest levels; most were fine at anything lower.  I can agree though that unless you know somebody, the population in that game has been rendered so low that finding the help you need is hard; this as a result of the devs catering exclusively to the endgame community for over 3 years, and not merely because of pay to win.

And again, I suggest that you get into a game before you start speaking about it, I can assure that if played well (aka using outside references instead of going rambo on your own) Dragons Nest allows players to get strong without money contributions.  This I can supplant with experience playing with a level 52 Sniper before the recent level cap increase of a month ago.

Haha, I must agree though to Nexon throwing the games to the ground, Dragons Nest was recently saved by a series of huge updates as of the last year whereas Vindictus is on the miraculous verge of death.  Though again as a longtime Vindictus player, these were caused by much more than pay to win.  Persistent, year-lasting game crashing bugs, RNG dominance, a complete dev focus on the endgame, and an extremely shallow system are just to name a few.

Edited by DalaiLlama

So the only game out of the once you mentioned you have aced and fully understood was Vindictus, and now you are using it to judge every Nexon game out there, being it a current, brought or newly released ? i understand your frustration with Nexon but as i stated before, i have been playing mabinogi in 5+ years.

So the only game out of the once you mentioned you have aced and fully understood was Vindictus, and now you are using it to judge every Nexon game out there, being it a current, brought or newly released ? i understand your frustration with Nexon but as i stated before, i have been playing mabinogi in 5+ years.

I thought I had mentioned that I had played Mabinogi for 5+ years as well, but if it matters, I've been playing Vindictus on and off since closed beta, Dragons Nest as of 2 years ago, and Combat Arms... back when shotguns were considered secondaries like pistols... I forget how many years that has been xD

I thought I had mentioned that I had played Mabinogi for 5+ years as well, but if it matters, I've been playing Vindictus on and off since closed beta, Dragons Nest as of 2 years ago, and Combat Arms... back when shotguns were considered secondaries like pistols... I forget how many years that has been xD

I did play vindictus for about 2 months constantly and are currently taking a break.

Played dragon nest but kinda lost interest in the game, the over world and the music was boring and the constant dungeon hunting became a bit too...shall we say repeated ? the dungeon design and combat system was good tho.

Combat arms was great until i once logged in and everything was white (with the exception of the soldiers/players) i asked around in the forum and send in a ticket but no one could help me out...was about to try it again a few months ago when i read that the game has become hacker infested.

Though I hate calling myself as an anime fan, I find this game quite agreeably nice.

Since being a semi-turn based MMORPG, I feel some true casual-ness in the game... well, since I just read about game last night after seeing how it defends from Warframe quite well unlike other games. The Age system is actually unique compared to most MMORPG's, I mean unlike Elder Scrolls: Online where your character remains immortal forever after 5 years of gaming... bleh.

Despite that many MMO's will die off slowly, I see the game would last for 15+ years, and I'm sure Warframe will also last about 15 years or ever more than that.

But that's just Protonus discussing positively about both Warframe and Mabinogi. :3

I also want to let people know that played Warframe since last year, about 1-2 months after the game released, for about 2-3 months and had to stop because i had to study more, i returned about September/october and have been playing since that day almost every day, finishing every event.

Though I hate calling myself as an anime fan, I find this game quite agreeably nice.

Since being a semi-turn based MMORPG, I feel some true casual-ness in the game... well, since I just read about game last night after seeing how it defends from Warframe quite well unlike other games. The Age system is actually unique compared to most MMORPG's, I mean unlike Elder Scrolls: Online where your character remains immortal forever after 5 years of gaming... bleh.

Despite that many MMO's will die off slowly, I see the game would last for 15+ years, and I'm sure Warframe will also last about 15 years or ever more than that.

But that's just Protonus discussing positively about both Warframe and Mabinogi. :3

Mabinogi is truly a tactical mmorpg, you chose skills you have learned in order to combat enemies that does exactly the same and by that i mean that they also chose skills they know. aging actually effects the character in good and bad ways.