Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow Doors

FierceRadiance

Question

Someone with tech knowledge, perhaps you know the answer: sometimes I'l be running a level with a group and keep hitting doors that don't open as I'm reaching them, I have to stand there in front of them a moment before they open.

It's not a serious issue, just an annoyance, but obviously there are a lot of doors in your typical WF round, so when it happens, it happens a fair amount. Is this issue related to my set-up (doubtful, my machine's pretty robust and I don't encounter the issue when solo'ing) a particular WF build (is there any way to tell this for sure?), or the capabilities of the machine currently hosting the round? I've always assumed it's this last option, but I didn't know if there was anyone who can say for certain.

Just curious.

4 answers to this question

it's often caused by high latency/bad connection to the host (can be on both sides I think - for me at least it is mostly on the hosts side since I have normal games with no door problems :D)

Edited by Zogg

The number one thing i hate about this game is the doors. This game (Warframe) has pleased me for over 5 months. Until recently i have been starting to hate the doors more and more until i am sick and tired of them. I use everything in my disposal to get through doors after a teammate runs through and still i get smacked in the face and occasionally i have to pace back and walk up to the door once more because i was too late. I now have a terrible habit of standing in the doorway to help allies get through. I demand that the doors of WarFrame are fixed to open faster this instant(Just kidding but this should be somewhere on the fix list.)

The number one thing i hate about this game is the doors. This game (Warframe) has pleased me for over 5 months. Until recently i have been starting to hate the doors more and more until i am sick and tired of them. I use everything in my disposal to get through doors after a teammate runs through and still i get smacked in the face and occasionally i have to pace back and walk up to the door once more because i was too late. I now have a terrible habit of standing in the doorway to help allies get through. I demand that the doors of WarFrame are fixed to open faster this instant(Just kidding but this should be somewhere on the fix list.)

I have the same problem, and I've done the same thing, just to help others. Slow doors are annoying, but doors that simply won't open until you back far enough away and then approach them again are really bad.

And I agree with your comment: DE, this is obviously not a serious problem, but PLEASE do fix it eventually. It rates high in annoyance.