Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Is Wrong With The Stalker

mrecentric

Something is wrong with the stalker. He just came after me for killing Sargas Ruk. I haven't killed Ruk in weeks.

Either what he says is wrong (where he mentioned it was for Ruk), or he is very backlogged and didn't bother visiting me until just now.

Edited by mrecentric

I think he mentions any boss that you have killed, not just the last one, or the one that sent him after you. And sometimes he will say the name of a boss you have not killed yet. The first time he attacked me, he mentioned Lech Krill, even though I had only fought Vor, Jackal, and Vay Hek at that point.

You can have a death mark for any boss or all of the ones you've killed individually.   Also there are some rules and situations that can keep him from attacking you for months if you don't manage to meet them or avoid certain situations.

1. He won't attack you during assassination missions, so if you do a lot of them, he'll never show up no matter how many death marks you have.

2. If you run solo, you only have a 1.5% chance of him attacking you at all....so it's a high chance you won't see him spawn for days, weeks or months.  My personal longest of not getting him to attack me is 2 months and that's probably because I solo 90% of the time and rarely kill any bosses since they have nothing I need anymore.

3. He won't trigger until you've been in a missions between 30 seconds to 5 minutes, so if you finish missions very fast, you just lower the chance of him spawning even further than the already low 1.5% chance.   To ensure that you get him, G3 or harvester, you gotta stay in a mission for at least 5 minutes because they won't always trigger exactly at 30 seconds into the mission.  Consider yourself lucky if they do.

4. If you've only got one death mark (killed only one boss), that lowers the chance he'll spawn too because I believe the script randomly rolls between all of the bosses and then checks to see if you have a death mark against the result of the roll.    So for instance, you enter a mission and 30 seconds into the mission the script rolls and comes up with Hek as a result.   Then it checks to see if you have a death mark against Hek, if so then you have a chance to meet stalker, if not then you won't meet stalker until the script rerolls again and the result is a boss that you've got a death mark against.   I believe this script rolls separately for each person in your team as well, so that's why running with a team of 4 who all have lots of death marks increases the chance of stalker or any other assassin to spawn.

So if you really want stalker to spawn then here's your typical check list you should meet...

1. Kill every single boss at least once (get the killing blow).  

2. Stay in missions for at least 5 minutes. 

3. Never do assassinate missions except the boss runs to get the death marks.

4. Run with a full group that everyone has as many death marks as possible.  

also some believe that using low ranked frames and weapons somehow increases the chance stalker will show, but I think that is just coincidence in my opinion.   Overall, I don't think he's bugged or broken, it's just that once you get a death mark, you have it forever until you kill stalker when he comes for you or he kills you.   So you can kill one boss and have bad luck and stalker won't come for you for a year...it's possible if all circumstances line up to create such bad luck (or maybe you think that would be good luck because some people don't like meeting stalker).

Edited by Krymanol

You can have a death mark for any boss or all of the ones you've killed individually.   Also there are some rules and situations that can keep him from attacking you for months if you don't manage to meet them or avoid certain situations.

1. He won't attack you during assassination missions, so if you do a lot of them, he'll never show up no matter how many death marks you have.

2. If you run solo, you only have a 1.5% chance of him attacking you at all....so it's a high chance you won't see him spawn for days, weeks or months.  My personal longest of not getting him to attack me is 2 months and that's probably because I solo 90% of the time and rarely kill any bosses since they have nothing I need anymore.

3. He won't trigger until you've been in a missions between 30 seconds to 5 minutes, so if you finish missions very fast, you just lower the chance of him spawning even further than the already low 1.5% chance.   To ensure that you get him, G3 or harvester, you gotta stay in a mission for at least 5 minutes because they won't always trigger exactly at 30 seconds into the mission.  Consider yourself lucky if they do.

4. If you've only got one death mark (killed only one boss), that lowers the chance he'll spawn too because I believe the script randomly rolls between all of the bosses and then checks to see if you have a death mark against the result of the roll.    So for instance, you enter a mission and 30 seconds into the mission the script rolls and comes up with Hek as a result.   Then it checks to see if you have a death mark against Hek, if so then you have a chance to meet stalker, if not then you won't meet stalker until the script rerolls again and the result is a boss that you've got a death mark against.   I believe this script rolls separately for each person in your team as well, so that's why running with a team of 4 who all have lots of death marks increases the chance of stalker or any other assassin to spawn.

So if you really want stalker to spawn then here's your typical check list you should meet...

1. Kill every single boss at least once (get the killing blow).  

2. Stay in missions for at least 5 minutes. 

3. Never do assassinate missions except the boss runs to get the death marks.

4. Run with a full group that everyone has as many death marks as possible.  

also some believe that using low ranked frames and weapons somehow increases the chance stalker will show, but I think that is just coincidence in my opinion.   Overall, I don't think he's bugged or broken, it's just that once you get a death mark, you have it forever until you kill stalker when he comes for you or he kills you.   So you can kill one boss and have bad luck and stalker won't come for you for a year...it's possible if all circumstances line up to create such bad luck (or maybe you think that would be good luck because some people don't like meeting stalker).

I only began playing last month, and i have only one death mark, and he killed me(ofc), so, just now, on Jupiter,i was doing solo exterminate mission, and  he shows up. cant say i lasted long or managed to hit him,XD but still it was unexpected, i checked the mail, and there only seems to be one message from him, the old one. So, is the death mark permanent until you kill him or was it a bug?