Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Generated Content.

BramBlackmon

Yep this is how a beta should feel, also it would be pretty easy for them to release a map maker to us. Just release the tile sets and a simple program to snap the together. The mission specific rooms define the mission, or they can pick one if they used more then one, or want raid ect. They could probably create software that lets people create the tile sets, the indoor ones wouldn't be that hard, and just review a couple each month and then bolt them on with the patches each month.

I could imagine that you get an alternative sol system with different planets. If you, for example create a map on planet xyz, players will find your content on planet xyz. There would be a list if you click on the planet. With search functions like: highest rated, newest in the last 24 hours, hardest difficulty.These new planets could be used like in the normal system. You have to do 5 player based missions to get to higher planets. This way new players wouldnt face maps with high difficulty ^^

• 3 weeks later...

It makes me really happy to hear that they are open to community made content. I really do think the Dota 2 model where DE approves small ammount of content and incorporates it fully into the game is best. Don't forget game devs are part of communities to! and I'm chomping at the bit to make some awesome swords. If DE is nice enough to share a cut of the profit with the artist there could be a huge supply of top notch content constantly flowing into the game. If anyone from DE reads this, I'll love you forever if you let us add fx to our submissions as well :).

Agreed...some wicked stuff comes from community creative genius.

I agree as well, and thanks for the support! However, this game is still in its infancy and I think we still have a long ways to go in terms of what they have to offer. This is their baby after all, and holds a special place within their collective psyche for past reasons. I'm not worried about the longevity of the game at all within their hands, but you can't underestimate the power of community created content either. I think the current platform of the game would be marvelous for it.

We're not playing on servers. The game is p2p-connected.

Uhm, we are playing on a server. That's kinda how we connect to the game in the first place.

When we're in missions, the players connect to each other and the server. That is the Peer to Peer part.

Uhm, we are playing on a server. That's kinda how we connect to the game in the first place.

When we're in missions, the players connect to each other and the server. That is the Peer to Peer part.

The DE servers, to the best of my knowledge, handle only matchmaking, and then evaluating the debrief/results at the end.  The actual content is hosted by the player who set up the squad.

Don't sell game communities so short. Players can make some pretty awesome content and mods.

I'll leave http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31229'>this here as a great example of that.

There's some very talented people out in the modding scene. It would be awesome to get some of them onboard  by opening up modding for Warframe.

I would prefer that mods were visual only though. It would be a massive balancing / matchmaking headache otherwise.

Edited by Lifeshield

I'll leave this here as a great example of that.

There's some very talented people out in the modding scene. It would be awesome to get some of them onboard  by opening up modding for Warframe.

I would prefer that mods were visual only though. It would be a massive balancing / matchmaking headache otherwise.

I agree. But "opening" modding for Warframe sounds easier than it is. Beth made the creation kit and we have all sorts of tools to get new armors from 3DS max into the CK and then, into the game. Before we can get any sort of modding, DE must create some kind of tool so we can actually extract/include armors/levels etc. And it is really hard to create a tool that is usable for beginners without taking away too much features....

The new clan dojo in U8 will be a huge step towards modding. If people can handle the dojo creation process, DE could try to make some kind of tool that actually allows you to create custom maps. But like I said, its really hard to creat some kind of editior for all people.

Edited by Venarge

The best part is, we don't know what kind of community content DE would allow us to make.

Helmets, Skins, Levels, Sentinel Skins, Weapon skins, anything that's cosmetic would be easily allowable. I have no idea if they'd sell it or give it away for free, though. That's the problem. How would they monetize their own stuff when user-generated stuff is so much cooler? I say this as a fact. No user-generated content would look as poor as most of the helmets do right now. Loki's helmet, Frost's helmet, etc.

User content would be vastly cooler than those... things. And I'm almost sure that DE wouldn't be able to sell user-generated ideas.

Helmets, Skins, Levels, Sentinel Skins, Weapon skins, anything that's cosmetic would be easily allowable. I have no idea if they'd sell it or give it away for free, though. That's the problem. How would they monetize their own stuff when user-generated stuff is so much cooler? I say this as a fact. No user-generated content would look as poor as most of the helmets do right now. Loki's helmet, Frost's helmet, etc.

User content would be vastly cooler than those... things. And I'm almost sure that DE wouldn't be able to sell user-generated ideas.

So you think every player is a pro in 3ds max and other 3d modeling programms? Please.... Just because you dont like some of the models doesnt mean DE cant bring us cool stuff. Besides that. They would have to break the barrier between the game and the creation process before anyone can create skins etc....

Edited by Venarge

How would they monetize their own stuff when user-generated stuff is so much cooler?

Go the DOTA 2 route and allow users to sell specific content with DE taking a cut. It works well for Valve. I think if modders for Warframe can have the same level of respect for this game as the majaority of DOTA 2 modders have for DOTA 2 then they could be on to a winner.

Also, if someone could get a nice new skin for a newly released Warframe that they haven't got yet, they either have incentive to play for the Warframe or pay for it.

They could likely make a killing off of this if they played their cards right and didn't try to milk the community with overly high prices or fees. Micro transactions are micro for a reason. Remember this DE.

Edited by Lifeshield

A map/tileset competition where the top 3 will be put into the game would be pretty awesome I think. If the clan dojo allows for each member to build his or her own chamber that would also work for me. Basically I just want to continuously challenge myself. Having the community build their own things will help satisfy certain tastes and the need for different levels of challenge. Not saying that everything should be in the actual game, just that it is accessible somewhere. Hence why I'd also like to see VR training missions.